Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic surgery must-haves

So I’m officially booked for my arm lift, breast lift/augmentation, and extended Tummy Tuck for January 14. I’m a big planner, so am happy to have a few months to get all my pre-op ducks in a row. Those who have gone down this path before me, what things did you buy (or wish you bought) for your post op period? My surgeon includes a post op bra, faja, and arm compression garment in my package. I assume I’ll want at least one more of each so I can wash one while wearing another. Anything else?

My mom loaned me her cane for the first few weeks...definitely helped to take pressure off my lower back when I was walking around hunched over due to Tummy Tuck.

Also, a small stool to sit on in the shower was good...it was exhausting standing for so long, and it was easier to wash my hair, as the arm lift prevented from raising them very high, so sitting and lowering my head made it easier to reach.

...and another stool in the kitchen to stand on to reach stuff in the cupboards or fridge.

Good Luck! (am excited for you!!)

Great ideas! Thank you. Luckily I found an AirBnB that is right around the corner from a drugstore. I’ll buy a shower stool there as well as a toilet riser. I’m sure I can find a cane to borrow! Did you have a favorite arm compression garment?

@kristieshannon: this is the one i used (i had/have two). I got it in size small, and it was too big, but my mom altered it for me to fit more snugly. I wore it longer than prescribed as I found that wearing it kept the it kept the itchiness as bay. I stopped wearing it around 3 months post and am now just using silicone tape (also keeps itchiness at bay!)

https://www.amazon.com/BRABIC-Surgical-Compression-Corrector-Shapewear/dp/B07HQPPV74/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=arm+compression+for+weight+loss&qid=1595451281&sprefix=arm+com&sr=8-4

Edited by ms.sss

Oh, and another tip: drink lots of Water and start a fibre regimen BEFORE surgery. Pain meds (and any Iron supplements you are prescribed) will constipate you! I was backed up for THIRTEEN days. IF u do get backed up, glycerin suppositories can be your friend.

@ms.sss Thanks again! I ordered one of the garments. I’ve been lucky enough with my sleeve that I have no limits to my Fluid intake, I get in 100+ ounces every day and will make sure to keep it up through surgery. 13 days???! OMG that sounds miserable! I will definitely bring an Arsenal to prepare for that possibility.

I used a walker my first few days after getting a lower body lift (not sure how extensive your extended Tummy Tuck will be - but my LBL was front and back and was pretty painful the first few days). I just borrowed one, though.