Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months out, "Touch Down" Goal Met

I have reached my goal weight and was wondering how and when will the weight stop coming off! I have lost my boobs, butt and walking hasn't helped with building it up! I love the new me but scared I am going to look like Olive Oil from Popeye before it's all over! My last visit, I discovered the passing out episode was d/t blood pressure dropping to low and all of my blood work came back FINE! I am currently now in a 12 and wearing size Med in my capris! Again, I am so happy with my New Me but will I every stop losing the weight!? I am up for any suggestions, for my athletic bariatric family! Thanks in advance!

yes - it'll stop - and then many of us bounce back up 10-20 lbs a few months later. So you may just look like Olive Oyl for a few months. If it's really worrying you, you can always come up a bit on calories - but keep in mind that most of us do have that 10-20 lb rebound

Congratulations on reaching your goal! Whoo hoo!

I have no butt & empty boobs too. I’m always cold & have suffer bone pain (bony butt syndrome) but it’s so worth it.

It took me a while to work out what I needed to consume to stop the weight loss. I actually lost another 10kgs over 3or 4 months but have been pretty stable for about 4 months. I took it slowly, testing, what worked by adding Snacks, a small amount of multi/whole grains, a little more fruit & my portion sizes naturally became larger (more than a good cup but it depends on what I eat). I still avoid a lot of sugar & alcohol, no carbonated drinks except the very odd glass of tonic or soda Water & don’t eat rice, Pasta & bread. I weigh myself almost every day so I can keep on top of losses & gains & compare with my intake. I’m still learning.

Some days I feel like all I do is eat but if I skip a meal or snack I can easily lose again. (Due to medical appointments & going out I skipped a meal & snack on two consecutive days & lost 500g - about a pound.) It’s the fast metabolism but I know it will eventually slow & I’ll have to modify my diet again.

Talk to your nutritionalist or your surgical team. They should be able to make suggestions as to what to add to your diet. Also have a look at the food before & after photos thread. Almost all on it are in the successfully maintaining their weight stage & share recipes & pxts of what they’re eating.

20 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

yes - it'll stop - and then many of us bounce back up 10-20 lbs a few months later. So you may just look like Olive Oyl for a few months. If it's really worrying you, you can always come up a bit on calories - but keep in mind that most of us do have that 10-20 lb rebound

LOLOL, Thank you so much! I will have to change from football to basketball then, I will gladly rebound! LOLOL Thank you so much for the insight!

19 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Congratulations on reaching your goal! Whoo hoo!

I have no butt & empty boobs too. I’m always cold & have suffer bone pain (bony butt syndrome) but it’s so worth it.

It took me a while to work out what I needed to consume to stop the weight loss. I actually lost another 10kgs over 3or 4 months but have been pretty stable for about 4 months. I took it slowly, testing, what worked by adding Snacks, a small amount of multi/whole grains, a little more fruit & my portion sizes naturally became larger (more than a good cup but it depends on what I eat). I still avoid a lot of sugar & alcohol, no carbonated drinks except the very odd glass of tonic or soda Water & don’t eat rice, Pasta & bread. I weigh myself almost every day so I can keep on top of losses & gains & compare with my intake. I’m still learning.

Some days I feel like all I do is eat but if I skip a meal or snack I can easily lose again. (Due to medical appointments & going out I skipped a meal & snack on two consecutive days & lost 500g - about a pound.) It’s the fast metabolism but I know it will eventually slow & I’ll have to modify my diet again.

Talk to your nutritionalist or your surgical team. They should be able to make suggestions as to what to add to your diet. Also have a look at the food before & after photos thread. Almost all on it are in the successfully maintaining their weight stage & share recipes & pxts of what they’re eating.

Love it, thank you so much for the information will take a look at it! I appreciate all of the advise! LOLOL Yes, I am always cold too, I keep a sweater in every room or a blanket!