Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I’m eating a lot of slider foods.... will my stomach stretch back? Like it can stretch to the point I can start eating  a lot of food again? 

Also what foods/snacks is a slider food for you? 

it absolutely CAN. don't take the chance. put in the work now to reap the results long term. skip the sliders, they can cause regain FAST. stick to your given food list and keep your sleeve in good shape.

the way I understand it, slider foods don't really stay in your stomach all that long - so people get hungry pretty quickly after eating them. Most of them are mostly highly processed carbs, too, which also make many people hungry faster. I don't know that they actually physically stretch your stomach, but you can easily get in the habit of eating a lot more food again.

dense Protein sits in your stomach for quite awhile - plus it's a lot more filling - so focus on that.

4 hours ago, Jo..di said:

If I’m eating a lot of slider foods.... will my stomach stretch back? Like it can stretch to the point I can start eating a lot of food again?

You can get (and will) get used to eating more food. Growing portions are normal up to a certain point. How much a sleeve can stretch (or if that's really possible at all), opinions seem to vary between surgeons.

What I've heard and seen from quite patients who've had surgery it's not so much the portion size but the fact that they eat too often and eat too much calorie dense foods, not accommodating to the growing portions they are able to eat once they're a year or two out.

"Slider foods" are foods that people can eat quite a lot of. Some refer to foods as slider foods when they not only can eat a lot of them but when the foods are also high in calories. "Slider foods" can be different for different people. Anything low volume/high calorie is easier to overeat on than anything low calorie/high volume of course.

I'm about 5 years out and I can in my experience, I can definitely eat more than I could 6 months after surgery, but if I eat "correctly", the amount I eat is much closer to that 6-month amount. When I start eating junk food, I notice I can eat quite a bit more of it. My "tool" still works if I let it. But I can easily navigate around it if I want to.