Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm one year post OP and with all the crap going on in the world my depression has been getting to me. I feel like I'm losing my grip on healthy eating. Anyone else been struggling?? I've been on carb overload these last few weeks and I'm trying so hard to get back in track.

I would guess a lot of people are. I've been struggling more than usual as well...

7 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I would guess a lot of people are. I've been struggling more than usual as well...

Agree. Everyone is struggling, and it's not just limited to those of us who have had bariatric surgery. Do the best you can and don't beat yourself up. These are extraordinary times, and better days are ahead. It's important to make sure you have friends and family who can act as a support network, even if it's only virtual.

And also, don't forget the psychologist that is on your weight loss care team is always available to help with bumps in the road regarding your weight. At least I just had my first appointment with mine, and that's what she told me. Use the tools you have, and keep prioritizing your health, however you can. You went through a lot to get here!

Edited by minimamaz00m

What I hear is... I am trying so hard. That's the best any of us can do. Don't be so critical of yourself. Be happy about your all of victories (little and big) and don't dwell on the other stuff. You will have good days and not so good days. Make the most of them all!😀

Whew, I’m on the struggle bus big time. I live alone and had a very active social life prior to this mess. So bored at home and it’s not the food as much as it is the wine. And not going to the gym, that’s been huge too. I started an anti depressant I April and it has been helpful. I had to lay to rest my dog of 14 years on May 30 so that was another whopper to deal with. Luckily, I’m working so I do get out, but overall it’s tough. And my mama got the virus- she lives a mile away from me and I haven’t seen her in two weeks and it will be another two weeks until I do. It starts in the mind and our thinking so I’m trying to read “mind” self help books. Best of luck to you, it’s such a weird and hard time!

I’m 2 years out and had hit my happy weight but I also jumped on the struggle bus. I live in NYC and with it being the original epicenter the lockdown took a toll. I ordered tons of groceries for the long haul and started eating things that I would never have eaten before all this. It took awhile but I felt my weight slowly start creeping up. I say felt because I was mortified at stepping on a scale. However I couldn’t continue to move in the wrong direction with all the work I had put in. I finally weighed myself and found that there were 9 pounds more of me than the last time I weighed. That was it, that snapped me out of it. I took out my superhero cape and ordered 10 boxes of Protein Shakes from costco. I went right back to my pre-op diet. I’ve lost that 9 pounds and feel better already. Even though the restrictions are lifting here, it seems that I will be working from home indefinitely, so Protein shakes will be apart of my routine for 1-2 meals from now on.