Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The nerves are setting in

I am 9 days away from surgery. Did anyone feel panicky? I’ve been pretty calm about the procedure up until now. Did this happen to everyone? Was anyone second guessing themselves? Help me 😩

Yes, me too!!! I'm scheduled for 7/23.... one minute, I am so excited and the next minute, I'm thinking "what the hell am I doing!"

On 07/14/2020 at 09:26, Gigi_2000 said:

Yes, me too!!! I'm scheduled for 7/23.... one minute, I am so excited and the next minute, I'm thinking "what the hell am I doing!"

Yes!! I’ve been pretty chill about the whole thing, up until the last couple days. I feel like I’m second guessing myself!

I wasnt really nervous until about the day before. I was just EXCITED!!

Its not always the easiest journey, but it is fun and WORTH it!!!

Yes, I felt the same way. It was a 15 month process with me from my first consultation to my surgery. Even the day before I was thinking "this is nuts, why am I doing this" but I'm so glad I went through with it.

YOU WON"T BE SORRY STAY THE COURSE!

being nervous before surgeries is REALLY common. I've freaked out before every surgery I've ever had....

I have 2 days left and I'm excited. Can't even sleep because I've been hyping myself up all night. I'm sure I'll be nervous when I'm laying down being carted into the surgery room though. The people that got their surgery before the pandemic are so lucky they got to have family members and friends with them before they got to go in. They won't even let my family past the main entrance.

It was pretty nerve wrecking mostly because my husband was not allowed to come into the hospital at all, but once you start going through the prep you'll be ok. Just remember why you decided to do it in the first place. Good luck [emoji16]

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

23 hours ago, Chelsea0604 said:

I am 9 days away from surgery. Did anyone feel panicky? I’ve been pretty calm about the procedure up until now. Did this happen to everyone? Was anyone second guessing themselves? Help me 😩

I definitely did. On Tuesday last week I found out they moved my date up to this past Monday (7/13) so that day I began feeling nervous and questioning myself!

I was excited and nervous and second-guessing myself up thru the time I saw the surgeon the morning of surgery. I even asked him if he thought I was doing the right thing right before they rolled me in! I'm 6 weeks post-op - and no real regrets yet!

I go in tomorrow for my surgery. Nervous, Nervous, Nervous and trying to pass the time and keep my mind busy, because it's nothing but fluids today. My husband will be about to enter with me and meet me at recovery, but not allowed once I get a room. This replies are helping me out, like you can't believe.

just had mine yesterday, July 14. i had the sleeve, seriously no big deal, thirst is the biggest issue. having to sip so slowly is a challenge. But the surgery in not bad. some incision pain.

2 hours ago, joleza said:

just had mine yesterday, July 14. i had the sleeve, seriously no big deal, thirst is the biggest issue. having to sip so slowly is a challenge. But the surgery in not bad. some incision pain.

Yes it is! I wasn’t sure about if and when I would sip too much.