Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 2 week pre op diet has been going along pretty well. My doc has me doing 2 Protein Shakes and 1 small meal for dinner which has 3-6 oz lean Protein, small amount of starch, which I don’t always have. And vegetables. I have been having protein and a nice salad. The first week was great, lost 5 pounds in 6 days. And this week is a lot different. Not only have I not lost any weight, now I am constipated and my surgery is tomorrow.

Religiously drinking 64-80 oz of Water every day. Taking Miralax every day or every other this week. I broke down and took a stool softener last night. Still nothing. Started using a heating pad about an hour ago.

Today I am only liquids and surgery is noon tomorrow.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. 🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼

Not in the same boat, but I am on day 5 of that same diet. No Constipation issues here. Best of Luck to you on your surgery.

@jennyhenny0330 The pre op diet is really not bad...mind over matter.

It looks like you are not far behind me. I wish you luck for the rest of the

pre op and prayers to you for your surgery. 🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼

I'm currently 4 days into my pre-op diet and no Constipation here. My doctor has me taking metamucil and benefiber. I like the benefiber a lot because it's tasteless and you can put it into one of your drinks for the day.

On 7/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, KarmaNina said:

My 2 week pre op diet has been going along pretty well. My doc has me doing 2 Protein Shakes and 1 small meal for dinner which has 3-6 oz lean Protein, small amount of starch, which I don’t always have. And vegetables. I have been having Protein and a nice salad. The first week was great, lost 5 pounds in 6 days. And this week is a lot different. Not only have I not lost any weight, now I am constipated and my surgery is tomorrow.

Religiously drinking 64-80 oz of Water every day. Taking Miralax every day or every other this week. I broke down and took a stool softener last night. Still nothing. Started using a heating pad about an hour ago.

Today I am only liquids and surgery is noon tomorrow.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. 🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼

drink some apple or prune juice. Water it down to cut down sugar content

Oh good god I am on day 4 of the pre op diet and holy moly I am bunged up like concrete. I'm off to get some benefibre. Fingers crossed, because I don't want to go through my last half hour ever again!