Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got insurance approval for Sleeve!

Hi

I am so excited my insurance (US Family Health Plan subsidiary of Tricare) just approved my sleeve. My consult was 6/10 then had testing done. Insurance was submitted Fri 6/26 and approved today! I had a lapband in 2010 and due to complications has to have it removed less the 6 months after getting it. I was 430 ish pounds post band. I lost 60lbs before surgery and have kept off most of my weight from that time. Currently in the 285 ish lb range.

Now I am just waiting on a surgery date and hoping for August!

Awesome news! Congratulations!

Screenshot_20200624-092035_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f4b55ccf463fa5c20da020b6429ed526.jpg

Edited by mattk53

9 hours ago, chatty826 said:

Hi

I am so excited my insurance (US Family Health Plan subsidiary of Tricare) just approved my sleeve. My consult was 6/10 then had testing done. Insurance was submitted Fri 6/26 and approved today! I had a lapband in 2010 and due to complications has to have it removed less the 6 months after getting it. I was 430 ish pounds post band. I lost 60lbs before surgery and have kept off most of my weight from that time. Currently in the 285 ish lb range.

Now I am just waiting on a surgery date and hoping for August!

Hopefully you don't have issues with reflux

It really is the best feeling in the world!

45 minutes ago, Maryeuh said:

It really is the best feeling in the world!

Yes it is!! I cannot wait I just want that surgery date so I have something to plan towards!

13 hours ago, MIKEYY84 said:

Yes I am aware that this is a possibility and that it if it happens I might have to convert down the road. I discussed in depth with my surgeon and I feel the sleeve is right for me and he supports doing it with the knowledge that there is risk of GERD.

Just now, chatty826 said:

Yes it is!! I cannot wait I just want that surgery date so I have something to plan towards!

When I found out I was approved I called my surgeons office and told them, lol. I was like can I have a surgery date now? They were like...ummm we will call you. lolol

1 minute ago, Maryeuh said:

When I found out I was approved I called my surgeons office and told them, lol. I was like can I have a surgery date now? They were like...ummm we will call you. lolol

Girl LOL I did the same thing! I emailed them vs calling but she was like the dr needs to review everything and then we will call you to schedule. They did tell me he's out of the office till next week so it would be next week sometime before I hear back. I can't wait. Are you pre op or post?

13 minutes ago, chatty826 said:

Girl LOL I did the same thing! I emailed them vs calling but she was like the dr needs to review everything and then we will call you to schedule. They did tell me he's out of the office till next week so it would be next week sometime before I hear back. I can't wait. Are you pre op or post?

That's so funny. I am pre op. My surgery date is july 14th. Ive started my pre op diet and everything. Its going by fast. It will for you too!

Yay! Congratulations!!!

On 7/1/2020 at 10:22 PM, MIKEYY84 said:

Umm there are plenty of us that dont have issues...this was rude. She is excited and here you come to rain on her parade about a MAYBE issue.

6 hours ago, alissajs said:

Umm there are plenty of us that dont have issues...this was rude. She is excited and here you come to rain on her parade about a MAYBE issue.

Thanks Alissa, I agree with you it was a buzz kill comment. Anyone who is having surgery should be well aware of all the risks of each surgery.