Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used to be freezing ALL. THE. TIME.

The unnatural coldness seemed to stop the past few months (I’m about 20 months post-op now).

Last summer, I was still wearing sweaters and long pants to be comfortable. Now, not so much. I’m wearing a tank top and capris right now, and I’m good. This would have been unheard of last summer.

I've always gotten cold easily, even though I live where it's hot as hades. I even brought my own robe to the hospital because I knew I would be freezing... But yes, I've noticed that it has gotten worse since the surgery.

My wife has hot flashes and keeps the thermostat low.

I had the sleeve and I'm cold all the time.

Not really. I'm cold when I'm getting tired in the evening and sometimes in winter during the fasting window.

Yes! I’m normally hot all of the time but since my surgery 4 weeks ago I noticed that I do run colder. Especially at work where I would normally have the fan on me all day, now I’m shivering and need a sweater.

My surgery was nine years ago and I'm still cold all the time. I wear a sweater most days and I have a heated mattress pad I sleep with turned on all year round.

I just had surgery 2 days ago, and I am freezing. It can't be due to weight loss! The weather has been in the 80-90's during the day, and I shivered all last night with two blankets on top. Tonight I'm getting out the down comforter. ☺️

Wasn't planning on bringing my hoodie and sweat pants to the hospital but looks like I will be now lol

I used an electric heated throw blanket for about three months after my surgery while I watched TV.

On 6/29/2020 at 1:15 PM, futurefinemama said:

I have always been hot natured, I thought the weight kept me hotter than the average person. And I live in the south and the summers are pretty brutal. But I am almost a week post op and I am cold all the time. I turned my air temperature up but I have to be mindful of other people in my household. I walk around with a cardigan on even when the temperature is in the high 80s/low 90s. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I start my Vitamins tomorrow, maybe that will help.

Congrats on you weight loss so far! To be honest, I'm looking forward to having this "problem". I'm hot and sweaty almost all of the time, but it's getting better since losing 40lbs pre-op. If I'm cold all the time after surgery, it's easy to layer to keep warm... though sweaters in summer would be totes out of place where I live, lol.

I would definitely advise bringing a robe or hoodie to the hospital. I brought a robe and used it the entire time I was there after the surgery.