Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please I need no judgement or I told you so or anything that comes off as a micro-aggressive.

Hello I’m Halle I’m 22 HW: 381 CW:358 GW: Healthy - Sleeved: June 15, 2020 TX

I have depression, anxiety, 420 friendly, anime lover, etc wanna know not up here you can ask!

I feel like I’m in crisis, for one I know that this is not a easy fix, takes times etc. I don’t need a lecture I just need someone to vent or ask questions. I have been doing ok at first but I’ve hit a painful stop the gas pains are debilitating and nausea has me throwing the towel I have a phobia of vomiting just pretty much a hypochondriac when it comes to health. I am on the full liquid diet but all forms of Protein won’t settle and lactose feels like land mines as soon as they are in my stomach. My question is does it get better? Did you bend the rules and do what your gut says? My surgeon and nurses have been dismissive and lack of emotional it’s like as soon as they got paid I’m my own problem no access to immediate help, support or nothing. My family and friends had made it hard these first week by being unsupportive and insensitive but that’s another story. I would love to have some people to chat with and get real with.

Thanks for reading and sorry for coming off rude but after reading a ton of post it’s been a headache.

Edited by Bunbunisdonedone

9 minutes ago, Bunbunisdonedone said:

Did you bend the rules and do what your gut says?

What exactly is your gut telling you?

P.S. Sorry you are having a hard time...the first couple weeks tend to be the hardest. ❤️

Gas is part of everyone's experience. Some get over it faster than others. We are all different. Some of the things you can do to help is walk around often, take Gas_X or baby drops for colic. A heating pad can be comforting. Did you get a little breathing toy where you blow to make little ball stay up (spirometer). Blowing into this frequently will bring your diaphragm down when you take deep breath before you blow. This helps move the gas around. I found it quite helpful. As far as your care providers being seemingly uncaring, you are not describing anything unusual. Do as much as you can to help yourself. Then providers won't get the impression you will be chronic problem. There are a number of Protein Shakes that are lactose free. If lactose is bothering you, try Fairlife Nutrition or Premiere Protein as premixed. I understand your fear of vomiting. Almost makes me faint. But if you are very careful, sipping slowly and stop before you feel full, it is less likely you will feel nauseous or vomit. I'm sorry you lack support. You might find this forum helpful.

Sent from my SM-T580 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you and yes I don’t want to keep relying on the doctor after the experiences I’ve had and yes I have I got to suck up the flavor somehow to get my nutrients I need. I honestly stopped using it because I was breathing fine and also the nurse expecting more because of my age.

Hey, you just had surgery give yourself time to heal. Those issues of nausea and gas are to be expected. And if you are now lactose intolerant pay attention to that. The pain from dairy products is short lived but awful.

When drinking your Protein take slow sips and hopefully you will avoid those problems.

there are all kinds of protein supplements. Some aren't even creamy or don't need milk added.

I drank Premier Protein Mango drink (it was like cool aid) and chicken broth.< /em>

clear liquids all the way.

Let me tell you I had such pain. Not from what I ate but from the surgery. there was nothing they could do and oxycodone wouldn't touch the pain. I just lay in bed for a month ( with intermittent bouts of walking to build myself up) and had family do everything for me. when I was in the hospital I even had the nurses lift my legs up on to the bed for me cause I knew I couldn't push past the pain. the nurses called me the screamer cause when I moved the pain was so bad.

But now I am past that and it has been six months and I have no pain and no issues.

Good luck Bunbun!

Thank you and yes I knew for it to be expected but I never thought my body would just freak out on me so I have been trying to take charge despite my fears and anxiety. I am glad your cured from what was ailing you.

15 hours ago, Bunbunisdonedone said:

Hi thank you for replying! It’s telling me that something is wrong or I shouldn’t be this weak or feeling this nausea go about a or the gas from drinking.

From what I've read and experienced, it really is normal to feel crappy the first week or so. Give it another week and re-evaluate. Also, there is nothing wrong with getting in touch with your team if you are worried ❤️

Good Luck!

Yes, it definitely gets better!

At the beginning, most people find the gas pain the most painful part. But you do have a huge, about 12 inch long incision on your stomach, and it will be swollen and healing for at least a month. It feels completely different when you eat and drink now, and it's so hard to listen to your body and understand what physical feelings are temporary and will go away soon, and what physical feelings are permanent that you need to get used to. The pain and that uncertainty makes it a very difficult time emotionally.

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. It WILL get better.

Hello you will be ok every one iui s different and loses at there own pace. I know a chic that lost 87 pounds in 5 months and then there's people that have lost 60 pounds in 6 months

Sent from my SM-A205U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi friend! I’m new to the forums, and I haven’t even had my first consultation yet. I just wanted to let you know that people here are generally very kind and supportive.

Maybe you could put in a call to your team and just ask hey, is what I’m feeling normal? Normal can be different and subjective to each individual experience. I hope that you get some clear cut answers and start to feel better very soon.

Also I have read a lot of people state that they have issues with dairy after any bariatric surgery. It might be something to consider. Some foods just might not sit with you in the same way that they used to.

Take care, friend!

Hello welcome to the forum! I’m new as well I made an account after google searching older topics out of curiosity and yes I’d like to have a team that is there for me but I realized he was only in it for the money he’s commercialized in my city I never noticed it until after I consulted with him. But I’m here on day 10 kinda of improving just not eating or drinking in fear of damage that could happen. I hope that you are ready and research this! I researched everything from top to toe and I still have some reservations after having the surgery. Good luck!

My doctor told me to listen to my body. I couldn't tolerate a lot of things that other people could. I have lived off of sugar free/ caffeine free tea because its the only thing that settles well. I got Protein Powder to mix in my tea to help me reach my Protein goals. It does get easier!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I can't stand most of the Protein powders or pre mixed drinks because they're all sweet and take forever to drink so you feel like you're never meeting your protein requirements. I got GENEPRO it's an unflavored protein powder and you can put it in just about anything. It's a tiny scoop for 30g of protein and you can finish it in one sitting. Also walk walk walk as much as you can and it will help that gas sort itself out better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app