Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! My surgery is on June 30th, and starting this past Tuesday my doctor wants me on all liquids. I have had nothing but Premier Protein, broth and Jello. I am starving, having such bad headaches and moments of severe doubt in this entire processes...

Does anyone know of anything that is so what filling? I don’t think I can do this.

Kind of too late for you to do this this, but I eased into the pre-op liquid diet by doing a week of low-carb before it. For me, low-carb for at least 3 days has always really cut my hunger - I used to do it often before WLS anytime I wanted to get my hunger under control. I also feel very hungry at the beginning of the low-carb diet, but it helps to be able to eat unlimited amount of vegetables during this time so at least my stomach feels full.

People always tell you to follow your surgeon's advice to the letter. But if you're tempted to cheat....might be better to pig out on some veggies for a few days than to go whole hog.

It's only for a few weeks....just keep telling yourself that.

They call this first week hell week for a reason. It is hard! But it will be worth it.

At the moment you’re suffering withdrawals from your previous diet - sugar, carbs, alcohol & caffeine (if you dropped or reduced that too). It will pass and you will get through it.

This whole process is not easy. You will have to work hard to be successful but the benefits are amazing & sooo worth the pain & effort.

Good luck.

Hang in there!! Drink a little Pickle Juice for the headaches!!! You are going through carb withdrawal, but it will get easier. HUGS!!!

lots of us had to do that. You'll just have to white knuckle it. It gets a lot better by about day 4 because your body goes into ketosis at that point. The headache is from carb withdrawal - that should go away as well. Just hang in there - the liquid diet is the hardest part of this.

I found broth, Jello, and sugar free popsicles the most helpful, even though nothing really helps that much. Jello and popsicles were the only things that resembled real food, so I ate them with abandon. And broth has salt in it, so it makes you retain Water, making you feel a little fuller. Just hang on....this'll all be over before you know it!!

Agree about the salty broth. I drink a bunch of that and then some Water, and then I feel somewhat full.