Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting ready to have gastric sleeve done. I've got to loose 10 pounds before my surgery. I need to know what to buy at the grocery store? I'm not a big meat eater and I'm having trouble finding groceries and things to snack on. Thanks!

raw veggies, grapes, sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles (or fudgesicles)

2 hours ago, Jenperk88 said:

I've been doing the sugar free Jello and popsicles. I'll definitely try the fudgesicles! I just have trouble finding the sugar free popsicles alot.

btw - the sugar free fudgesicles are 40 calories each, so if you think you're the type who'll eat half a box at one sitting, then don't get them! I like them, but a box of 20 (or however many are in a box) easily lasts two or three months in my freezer. I just get a taste for chocolate once in awhile and I'll eat one or two of them - tops.

sometimes when I crave chocolate, I'll mix a teaspoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder into a container of Light & Fit vanilla yogurt. That's still 80 calories (well, maybe 85 with the cocoa), but you get all the Protein, too.

Up your Protein, cut your carbs, and eat a ton of veggies to help you feel full.

Good time to try out some Protein Shakes and Protein Bars, see what brands you like, since that's what you'll be eating just after surgery (and probably just before also). Personally, I like the unflavored Protein Powder because you can add it to whatever you like - broth or sugar free pudding. I got really sick of sweet flavors when on the liquid diet.

What diet did your Dietician/nutritionalist put you on to lose your pre-surgery weight? shakes? Keto?

You need to follow the plan they gave you.

9 hours ago, Jenperk88 said:

Rjan thanks for the info. Where do u buy your unflavored Protein Powder?

I use the Isopure whey Protein Isolate from GNC. You can also buy it on Amazon.< br />
Just be careful if you add it to hot liquids - the liquid can't be too hot, or the protein powder clumps up and gets kind of gross. Good thing to practice now before your surgery so you've got a routine going.

I've seen other people here talk about how they buy some flavor syrups so they can make their Protein Shakes with a lot of variety.