Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I LOVE MY SURGEON!!

I'm not sure about everyone else, but having a good relationship with my physicians is of extreme importance to me. I work in the OR at my local hospital and had contemplated VSG for quite some time. I just felt I needed more information on the procedure... I talked to a co-worker (my surgeon) one day and let him know my dilemma. I immediately felt at ease! He explained to me all the pros and cons of having a gastric sleeve. He showed me before and after photos of his previous patients (whom had given him permission to do so) and had also explained to me in depth what all bariatric surgery entails. I knew then and there that he was the perfect fit for me!! From my very 1st appointment till my surgery 6/5/20 he has held my hand the entire way. Always giving advice and words of encouragement. Even on days like today where I'm extremely ill (some patients experience post-op nausea/vomiting) he just lets me know that this will all be worth it in the end. He reassures me that this was for my health, my happiness, & ultimately to save my life. He's absolutely AMAZING! Without my surgeon, I wouldn't have been able to push through. I hope each and every person reading this post will have as good a relationship with their surgeon. We all need that kind of support. So with that, I'd just like to thank my surgeon Tin Tran! YOU'RE THE BEST MR TIN MAN!❤

IF ANYONE IS IN KENTUCKY, DR. TIN TRAN IS DEFINITELY A WORTHY SURGEON! YOU SHOULD SEE HIM AT CENTRAL KENTUCKY SURGEONS IN DANVILLE, KY!

100% agree with you @ambernshearer. You are fortunate to have found a surgeon you feel comfortable with & trust. It makes the process so much easier.

I’d add it helps if your GP has a relationship with your surgeon & their team too. My GP knew one of the doctors on my surgeon’s team who does some of his follow ups. Meant they communicated well, shared test results & were on the same page with the whole process. Very beneficial when I had a few hiccups along the way. Fortunately they weren’t serious but I feel confident that I couldn’t have been in better hands if they had been.

Good luck with your recovery & with the journey. Very exciting.

@Arabesque I couldn't agree more with you. Having two physicians on the same page is always in the patient's best interest. Like you, I was fortunate that both my PCP and my surgeon supported my decision for surgery and communicated effectively to ensure my care. I've still got a way to go before I've completely recovered, however I know I'm in great hands. I've been extremely blessed through this journey.

Thank you for your well wishes, I greatly appreciate them. I hope your continued journey is nothing short of success.

Edited by ambernshearer

I loved my team, but honestly my surgeon was an ass. I met him once, for about 10 mins before my surgery day. However his abilities as a surgeon came highly recommended so I went with that. In retrospect it would have been nice to have had a better relationship with him, but I was more concerned with his surgical skills 🤣

6 hours ago, NYJenn said:

I loved my team, but honestly my surgeon was an ass. I met him once, for about 10 mins before my surgery day. However his abilities as a surgeon came highly recommended so I went with that. In retrospect it would have been nice to have had a better relationship with him, but I was more concerned with his surgical skills 🤣

I had a very similar experience. I worked with my surgeons team of underlings for over a year. I only met him twice for a few minutes each before the surgery/ Like you said he is very highly thought of in his field and seemed very competent. Just wish I wasn't a number to him.

He’s my doctor too.

I couldn’t agree more. Having a surgeon you trust who also comes recommended is a great thing to have. I love my surgeon and wouldn’t trade him for the world.