Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Cost

Ooooooh i’d like to see that (i wish i had a pic of my removed bits...)

Edited by ms.sss

19 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ooooooh i’d like to see that (i wish i had a oic of my removed bits...)

Me too .. on both counts

On 10/11/2020 at 1:53 PM, ms.sss said:

The panniculectomy portion of my procedures (Breast Lift, arm lift, Tummy Tuck) was covered by insurance, as was the hospital stay and all meds, the rest was covered by my bank account.

I didn't think insurance paid for plastic surgery. How did you get them to do it?

22 minutes ago, It's time. said:

I didn't think insurance paid for plastic surgery. How did you get them to do it?

Im in Ontario, Canada and in my province (not sure about other provinces..), if you have documented evidence of skin issues (rashes) on the abdomen, immobility or back issues due to midsection bulk, or weight loss of over 100 lbs, then provincial insurance will cover the cost of a panniculectumy. I qualified under the 100 lb loss. Pannilectumies are the only procedures covered (I had to pay for the muscle tightening and flank Lipo portion for a legit tummy tuck). My surgeon did all the application and approval work.

Its kinda a funny story about the Tummy Tuck though, it was literally a last minute decision (like 1-hour-before-surgery-kind-of-last-minute).

Edited by ms.sss

On 10/14/2020 at 20:42, janc75 said:

If this grosses anyone out please let me know and I will remove. But it’s fascinating to me.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

That’s amazing and def doesn’t gross me out!
If all goes well w my consult hopefully I’ll be sending pics of mine in feb!
Congrats

On 10/14/2020 at 20:45, Kris77 said:

That’s amazing and def doesn’t gross me out!

If all goes well w my consult hopefully I’ll be sending pics of mine in feb!

Congrats

Best of luck I can’t wait to see. I mean I had BA too but that’s not fascinating to me lol. This is lol.

Yes pretty awesome! Although once my girls get done I’ll be super excited too. I’m getting a tt, lift w aug

1 hour ago, janc75 said:

If this grosses anyone out please let me know and I will remove. But it’s fascinating to me.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Is it weird that it looks like a calzone to me?

I see food everywhere...😂

Edited by ms.sss

If this grosses anyone out please let me know and I will remove. But it’s fascinating to me. image-0.00095367431640625.thumb.jpg.02c658a72878e1f75f2e17e1f04d818e.jpg
It's fascinating to me, too, and I'm not even planning on getting PS (I just like seeing other people's experiences). I'm pre-op (vsg) currently, and I almost wonder if I can ask for my stomach. LOL

(Now I'm wondering if anyone has ever asked that...)

You look amazing!

On 10/14/2020 at 21:01, Kris77 said:

Yes pretty awesome! Although once my girls get done I’ll be super excited too. I’m getting a tt, lift w aug

Don’t get me wrong I’m super happy with my girls. They turned out nice but It just didn’t fascinate me like seeing that belly button hole lol. I am very fortunate. My stomach was horrible to me but it wasn’t as bad as some
People have it. I just worked so hard like we all do and that stubborn skin just wiggled lol. I had very few stretch marks even. That darn flap just made me spend tons on Spanx lol.

Yes in spanx/workout pants my tummy looks flat but without I have loose skin. Not hanging over a lot but loose none the less and stretch marks. I do a lot of sit up so my core feels strong but doesn’t look like it naked. I can’t wait for surgeon to pull the curtain down and get rid of all the loose skin. I’m not super excited about the scars from tt and lift but I’m hopeful they will fade over time. I feel like I’ll look like a patchwork quilt afterwards. So I can choose quilt or deflated balloon lol

On 10/15/2020 at 05:18, Kris77 said:

Yes in spanx/workout pants my tummy looks flat but without I have loose skin. Not hanging over a lot but loose none the less and stretch marks. I do a lot of sit up so my core feels strong but doesn’t look like it naked. I can’t wait for surgeon to pull the curtain down and get rid of all the loose skin. I’m not super excited about the scars from tt and lift but I’m hopeful they will fade over time. I feel like I’ll look like a patchwork quilt afterwards. So I can choose quilt or deflated balloon lol

You are going to be the most fabulous you! Congratulations

On 10/14/2020 at 22:11, GivinItMyALL said:

It's fascinating to me, too, and I'm not even planning on getting PS (I just like seeing other people's experiences). I'm pre-op (vsg) currently, and I almost wonder if I can ask for my stomach. LOL

(Now I'm wondering if anyone has ever asked that...)

You look amazing!

Thank you. Oh I’m so excited for you. My sleeve changed my life. It didn’t make me love myself. It was a tool to getting there. I didn’t realize how much I hid because I never could learn to be happy with myself. I had to do a lot of emotional work I didn’t even know I needed Lol. My family is all the better because of my surgery too. Best of luck to you. I pray all goes well. You be the best you no matter what your weight!!