Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Cost

20k minimum

when I started looking about three years ago, I was told to expect $8000- $10,000 per procedure, with the LBL counting as two procedures since they do so much on that one (so $16,000 - $20,000 for an LBL). I had four consults, and I found that rule of thumb pretty much rung true. But that was a couple of years ago - prices could have gone up a bit since then.

I paid roughly $15K total all-in for a Tummy Tuck (with muscle tightening and flank lipo), Breast Lift & Arm Lift (the panniculectomy portion of the TT was covered by insurance...if it wasn’t, I would’ve had to pay an extra $5-6K).

I was in hospital for 2 nights (also covered by insurance).

P.S. the $15K was in Canadian dollars, so that’s like Monopoly money for you U.S.-ers, lol.

P.P.S. Despite the sometimes rough recovery, it was some of the best money I ever spent.

@janc75 : Are you looking to get stuff done soon?? Am excited for you...!

Edited to add: FYI: I had the surgeries in Dec 2019, and the pricing was based on the current prices as at June 2019, when I had my first consult)

Edited by ms.sss

On 06/13/2020 at 09:59, ms.sss said:

I paid roughly $15K total all-in for a Tummy Tuck (with muscle tightening and flank lipo), breast lift & arm lift (the panniculectomy portion of the TT was covered by insurance...if it wasn’t, I would’ve had to pay an extra $5-6K).

P.S. the $15K was in Canadian dollars, so that’s like Monopoly money for you U.S.-ers, lol.

P.P.S. Despite the sometimes rough recovery, it was some of the best money I ever spent.

Edited to add: FYI: I had the surgeries in Dec 2019, and the pricing was based on the current prices as at June 2019, when I had my first consult)

Thank you so much. I am. I have a few consultations scheduled already. I’m starting with 3 and will do more if I feel the doctors are not right for me. One surgeon I was going to schedule with is scheduling out for tummy tucks into June of 2021!! Thanks covid.

November will be my 7 year anniversary of my wls. I’ve kept my weight steady!!! I toggle about 10 lbs back and forth but I think that’s normal right ?

54 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I paid roughly $15K total all-in for a Tummy Tuck (with muscle tightening and flank lipo), breast lift & arm lift (the panniculectomy portion of the TT was covered by insurance...if it wasn’t, I would’ve had to pay an extra $5-6K).

wow - that is cheap. I had all the same things done (but no insurance coverage) and I forked over close to $50K US dollars. Was yours a Tummy Tuck or an LBL? If the former, that would have made a difference. Of course, any kind of health care in the US pretty much costs a gazillion times more than it does anywhere else. I could have had all mine done in Mexico for about 1/3 of the cost...

Edited by catwoman7

21 minutes ago, janc75 said:

November will be my 7 year anniversary of my wls. I’ve kept my weight steady!!! I toggle about 10 lbs back and forth but I think that’s normal right ?

Wow!! 7 years strong maintaining a 10lb spread? Thats’s amazing! I hope to be just like you in 7 years ❤️ !!

Good luck w/ your consults, and yeah, make sure you get a surgeon that you mesh well with...it makes things smoother (and one less thing to deal with!)

P.S. at the time of my consult (June 2019), my surgeon’s first open slot was 9 months out (so like March 2020...and this was PRE-covid!). But since my combined surgeries were going to take 5-6 hours, he opened up a day specifically for me (I was his only patient that day) 3 months earlier, in Dec 2019. Sooooo...I guess what Im saying is everything is negotiable, lol

31 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

wow - that is cheap. I had all the same things done (but no insurance coverage) and I forked over close to $50K US dollars. Was yours a Tummy Tuck or an LBL? If the former, that would have made a difference.

Yeah, from what I’ve read on the boards, it does seem to lean on the less expensive side...maybe because it’s Canada? Or maybe because my city just isn’t a plastics hot-spot like others? I’m just guessing...who knows...

Interestingly enough, my surgeon wasn’t even the cheapest one I met with...but he was the one I liked the most, demeanour-wise.

I just had a TT. I had asked about the LBL at my initial consult, but my guy said he doesn’t like to do them, he said he preferred to do one side of the body at a time for various reasons. But more importantly, doing an LBL with my other planned surgeries would have me “under” longer than he would like. Which was fine with me at the time.

Though now I look at my flat, saggy butt and dream of fabulously luscious a$$es you wanna take a bite of, like @GreenTealael’s, lol.

Plastics are addictive!!

Edited by ms.sss

Maybe I’ll take trip to Canada!!!!

I am terrible about exercise. I maintain by diet. Not to say I don’t indulge but if I do I try to balance. My first year I followed all the rules and not to be cliche, but learned to eat to live not live to eat. Still no carbonation and I do not drink until 45 min to and hour after I eat. I think those two things have helped.

I’m hoping not to have a lbl. I’m shaped pretty well I just need a little here and there. I would have done it sooner but I had to get two kids through college. Then weddings. Now it’s me time. I’ll be 45 Monday. For the last year I thought I’m too old what does it matter. It matters. I’m doing it for me. My hubby just gets the side benefits lol.

18 minutes ago, janc75 said:

I’ll be 45 Monday. For the last year I thought I’m too old what does it matter. It matters. I’m doing it for me. My hubby just gets the side benefits lol.

I was almost 60 when I had mine. And I know a couple other people who had PS in their 60s.

If you are willing to travel, check out Miami too! Even the most expensive PS in Miami is cheaper than the lowest priced PS in my home state.

I'm paying $11K for a Circumferential TT (aka LBL), BR/BL/BA w/ Lipo to flanks and upper abdomen. I've heard that the price for those procedures just went up $17K, but even that is way cheaper than my local surgeons, and in my opinion my local surgeons aren't as good at tummy tucks.

I highly recommend...

Miami, Colombia or Dominican Republic

You will get a high quality beautifully sculpted body at a competitive price

Miami is American soil if you fear traveling to another country for plastics and it has everything (including the standard rules and regs) look in the Coral Gables area

Colombia you will get the absolute tightest sculpted TT (Medillin or Cali)

Dominican Republic you will get the juiciest BBL in 1 round (IDK the exact area to look up)

Bonus... You'll still have $$$ left

Edited by GreenTealael

2 hours ago, janc75 said:

I’ll be 45 Monday. For the last year I thought I’m too old what does it matter. It matters. I’m doing it for me.

I was/am in my late 40’s when I had it done.

As @catwoman7 alluded to, you are never too (chronologically) old to want to look and feel awesome.

Check out Vera Wang (the famed bridal designer). She’s 70. Seventy!!

7C450BC3-20E0-4BB8-A7AE-7BFE3596EE57.thumb.jpeg.1db17d172547f658e928642efe3226b4.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

17 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

I'm paying $11K for a Circumferential TT (aka LBL), BR/BL/BA w/ Lipo to flanks and upper abdomen.

Whoa. That is probably the least expensive American pricing I have read to date.

Nice!!!