Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Cost

Money was the hardest part but I traveled to Mexico for my surgeries. To the hospital owned by BariatricPal. I thought my surgeon was excellent as was the hospital. I managed my after care by being in contact with the doctor via email and sending photos. Although it seemed I knew what to do myself anyway even though I had some challenges due to lifelong chronic illness, I healed well.

my primary care wanted nothing to do with the fact that I had plastics miss I’m just playing devils advocate ... yeah whatever. But I knew I made the right choice. I removed the one drain I had at home by myself. I also did my own incision care when I had any issues. Which honestly even if the doctor was in the same town I think results would basically be the same. Then again perhaps I’d not have had such an awesome doctor.

As for financial I had a limit and came up empty by the time I was done but don’t regret it. It was money saved, I wasn’t planning on plastics it wasn’t something I thought I could do. Considering I live on a very tiny budget. But with help it happened.

I had belt lipectomy/butterfly lift with some stomach muscle tightening, thigh lift and augmentation.

On 10/11/2020 at 22:59, janc75 said:

Get lots of quotes. The price differences are crazy. The doctor I would have never let touch me was the most !!!!

Yes I agree, I’m def not basing it off of cost. This is one of those things i don’t want to go cheap on for sure. But yes i am def looking for someone that is a good fit for me. I’ve had recommendations on a couple dr and they were not a good fit for me so I am making sure they are a good fit first and foremost.

Im def not saying the price tag isn’t a factor bc it is. I won’t sink myself financially for this but I’m just saying picking the surgeon for a good fit for me is over the price. But price is too high then I’ll have to just wait in that case and save more.

That’s what I meant. The doctor I chose. I didn’t care if he was the most expensive. I felt super comfortable with him. I wanted him. His price happened to be one of the best. I did not even know that when I decided he was the one.

To echo what @janc75 says, there is a huge variance between various surgeon's pricing. My most expensive quote was 3x's my least expensive.

Although you don't want to make your decision based on price, there isn't necessarily a correlation between price and quality. The old adage of "you get what you pay for" is often untrue for plastics.

I speak from personal experience. I chose the surgeon that had the lowest quote, and am extremely happy with my results. They are exactly what I had expected. I believe my highest priced quote would have given me great results as well. But my mid price quotes would have had inferior results IMO.

I'm about to go in for a second round of surgery next month. I have gone down the rabbit hole with plastic surgery research. I can say I've seen amazing results from low priced surgeons and terrible results from high priced surgeons, and of course vice versa. So it just bore out to me exactly what @janc75 said, narrow on the results and experience you want, and then add price into the equation.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:34 AM, janc75 said:

Here are a couple of pics. I’ll get better ones when I can shower tomorrow. Ohhhh I can’t wait to shower lol

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Woo Hoo!!! Looking great so far!! Fingers crossed that you continue to improve and feel better!

15 hours ago, janc75 said:

I was curious on yours. Does your cost cover post op care too? If not how long are you staying and do they help you find care. I think you may have posted on another thread. Miami might be where I go next year to get my backside lifted. I haven’t found anyone’s work here that’s anything like some of the doctors there.

The day after surgery, I will have a post-op visit with a nurse, to check my dressings, etc, and make sure everything is okay. Then the day before I fly home, I have a post-op visit with the surgeon. They will provide me a cellphone number to contact the surgeon should any complications arise. If it's a wound, I can send pics, etc. My thoughts are that if something does arise, I would text the surgeon, but would also just go to my PCP rather than flying back down to Miami.

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I'm about to go in for a second round of surgery next month. I have gone down the rabbit hole with plastic surgery research. I can say I've seen amazing results from low priced surgeons and terrible results from high priced surgeons, and of course vice versa. So it just bore out to me exactly what @janc75 said, narrow on the results and experience you want, and then add price into the equation.

Are you going back to the same surgeon for round 2? Or someone new?

26 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

Are you going back to the same surgeon for round 2? Or someone new?

Someone new. These will be completely different procedures that my first surgeon, who specializes in WL patients, doesn't perform.

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Someone new. These will be completely different procedures that my first surgeon, who specializes in WL patients, doesn't perform.

Excited for you!! Good luck!!!

13 hours ago, janc75 said:

One more! I can’t wait to stand straight. I felt great today. Day 5. But I over did it. Kinda sore tonight.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

You look amazing!!! I'm super jealous of your skin - no stretch marks!!!!

17 hours ago, janc75 said:

One more! I can’t wait to stand straight. I felt great today. Day 5. But I over did it. Kinda sore tonight.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

😍

Ok I do have kinda an icky picture. It’s the skin removed. It’s actually well taken. I am unsure if I should post. It’s like the last part of “big” me”