Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m having a bit of an episode tonight.
This hasn’t been an easy journey so far.
I got revised 5/27 and was in the hospital another 3 nights this week. One for a huge hematoma, it happens. 2 nights to repair some scar tissue, a very fast healer the doc said as it was twisting and I was vomitting bile and had a sour stomach. He went and repaired it.
I feel gassy today being home. Trying to drink as much as I can but I just can’t do it. Even with the sleeve I had an issue with liquids. Especially Water.
Tonight I took two gas pills and within an hour now I vomited them right up. Omg! So scary. Here we go again. I’m so afraid.
Did I make a mistake by getting the RNY.
Will this be my life now moving forward.
I recall the sleeve being easier.
I’m so anxious tonight so excuse me if I’m rambling. I’m so sad. Why did i do this. Was it worth it. Should I have lived with the constant daily nausea and heartburn

:-((

I

Sorry Georgette. I have been told its too early yet and to give it a chance. I am hoping in the next several months we both will feel better about doing the revision. Hugs

I am so sorry you are having a hard time!

Have you tried other liquids than plain Water, such as regular or herbal tea or flavored waters, sports drinks or broths and also try them hot or even at room temperature as well as cold. My favorite drink in my post op months was hot chai latte made with a celestial seasonings chai tea bag steeped in hot water for 5 minutes, then add 1/2 of a Splenda packet and one single serve tub of half and half or mini moo.

Personally I still cannot drink plain cold water to this day at 6 years out...still gives me nausea.

I'm sorry you've been very unlucky one of those 1% that have bad complications with bypass.

I had bypass nearly 8 months ago and had no issues what so ever so it's hard to see others suffer.. it will get better.

On 06/12/2020 at 22:54, Tracyringo said:

Sorry Georgette. I have been told its too early yet and to give it a chance. I am hoping in the next several months we both will feel better about doing the revision. Hugs

:-))

On 06/12/2020 at 22:58, Circlesis said:

I am so sorry you are having a hard time!

Have you tried other liquids than plain Water, such as regular or herbal tea or flavored waters, sports drinks or broths and also try them hot or even at room temperature as well as cold. My favorite drink in my post op months was hot chai latte made with a celestial seasonings chai tea bag steeped in hot Water for 5 minutes, then add 1/2 of a Splenda packet and one single serve tub of half and half or mini moo.

Personally I still cannot drink plain cold water to this day at 6 years out...still gives me nausea.

Yes. Water always gave me a
hard time. Since day one of my sleeve.

On 06/13/2020 at 00:30, Superman84 said:

I'm sorry you've been very unlucky one of those 1% that have bad complications with bypass.

I had bypass nearly 8 months ago and had no issues what so ever so it's hard to see others suffer.. it will get better.

Thanks

So I just woke up and vomited.
I don’t really get this. I’m so upset it’s making me so anxious. Like wth!
I did this to avoid heartburn issues and here I am. Is it bowel?  Is it bile?  Could it be I’m not eating/drinking enough. He said he fixed the twist. Could it be dehydration?

Did you wake up and vomit with the sleeve ? I know you have GERD issues like I do. Maybe you need a stronger PPI ? I would definitely be calling the Dr. Monday morning if you do that again.

Are you getting in 64 oz of fluids and 60 gm of Protein a day ?

On 06/13/2020 at 08:47, Tracyringo said:

Did you wake up and vomit with the sleeve ? I know you have GERD issues like I do. Maybe you need a stronger PPI ? I would definitely be calling the Dr. Monday morning if you do that again.

Are you getting in 64 oz of fluids and 60 gm of Protein a day ?

Hey. I didn’t wake up and vomit with the sleeve. No. Maybe, I’m on Protonix 40 and it always worked. Nexium always was the best for me before this one. Maybe I’ll get some
And try it. It’s not stomach acid.
But I am calling Monday for sure. So far i haven’t vomited again but feel bloated and sick.
I cannot get 64 in. Water makes me puke lol shakes aren’t going down well either. I had a small bowl of mushed mushed oatmeal. I ordered farina and mashed potatoes lol so I’m gonna see if it’s just a empty stomach.

36 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Hey. I didn’t wake up and vomit with the sleeve. No. Maybe, I’m on Protonix 40 and it always worked. Nexium always was the best for me before this one. Maybe I’ll get some
And try it. It’s not stomach acid.
But I am calling Monday for sure. So far i haven’t vomited again but feel bloated and sick.
I cannot get 64 in. Water makes me puke lol shakes aren’t going down well either. I had a small bowl of mushed mushed oatmeal. I ordered farina and mashed potatoes lol so I’m gonna see if it’s just a empty stomach.

Any chance this surgery made you lactose intolerant ? I read that after bypass that can happen and make you bloated ect..

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

Any chance this surgery made you lactose intolerant ? I read that after bypass that can happen and make you bloated ect..

Hmmm, could it be sure -- Protein Shakes though - I had the oatmeal this morning - was mushy and watery, but went down okay - now having an Ensure *hospital gave me a few to take home* and mixed half with ice and some Salted Caramel lean body brand protein... so far so good - stomach is gurgling, but it could be making its way around LOL

I'm going to try Almond Milk and chocolate powder later this afternoon and see if it's the milk like you said.

Never had an issue with these shakes, now BOOM!!! grrrr