Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery a week ago and still have big knots under the skin. This must just be scar tissue. If someone who is a little farther out then me can tell me if that go away?

Thanks,

Mattk53

I assume the knots are at the incision sites? How big are the knots?

I was able to feel the dissolvable stitches with my incisions but they didn't feel like big knots

Edited by Hop_Scotch

Yes, I have 6 or 7 inch long incisions from the laparoscopic robot at the incision sites. They aren't huge but they are visible with my shirt off. I guess it could be stitches under the skin know that I feel they that's a possibility., I was told they glued the incisions closed on the surface but not sure what's going on inside. Did they eventually go away or at least get smaller?

They have all dissolved bar one and the sites are mostly smooth.

Scar tissue takes time to develop.You’re only a week post surgery. It’s likely internal stitches, swelling & bruising. Remember they cut down through a lot of tissue to reach your stomach. Give it time to heal then use products like bio oil, Vitamin E oil or similar to reduce scaring. Gently massage the oil into the wound area to reduce the likelihood of scaring.

I just have small, very faint lines left barely a centimetre long that I have to look for to see now & I usually keloid scar.

Watch for redness. If the incision sites become sore to touch (more than tender), ooze or bleed seek medical help.

Thanks for the great information Arabesque

My first laparoscopic surgery incisions disappeared completely. I would be hard pressed to find a scar or anything. Right now I am 3 weeks Post op from another surgery and they have been swollen, stuck out, scabbed over, and are gradually going away. I'm confident they will be hard to find in a few months. I kept my steri strips in place through careful bathing and most of them were still on after 10 days. I saw my surgeon at the 2 week mark and he removed the strips and manually removed one stitch from the largest incision.

CA Guy, Thanks for the info, I'm glad they'll go away after a while. Right now they're rough and raised after a week.

I can't even see my scars anymore - and haven't seen them for a long time.