Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I’m home ... again!!!

Just got home from being re-opened after my RNY on 5/27. 

I went back in, to the ER per my surgeon, due to vomiting and nausea of bile. 

They redid a contrast CT. And found the same thing they did last Saturday night, when I went for the hematoma. 

So turns out, he went back inside my belly, or lack of, to scope and see what the issue was. 

He said I must heal fast and that there was scar tissue at the “y” part of the bypass and it was twisting. He sees it happen but two weeks out was quick. So he fixed it as far as I’m told. Three more incisions, haha, to add to the abdomen. 

I feel sore and tired but glad to be home. Hate being in a hospital bed. 

I hope this was a “fluke” and not a list of things to come. Glad to catch it now. 

Has anyone had this? ? ? 

I’ve always had an issue with Water consumption with my sleeve and stil feel feel the same today. I’m hoping it’ll get better and my life

Won’t be a sip of water. 

The nurse listened to by belly today before discharge and said it sounded like a coffee percolater lol churning and churning. I hear nothing. So either I’m Hungry and don’t realize or it’s the bowels now that they might be working better with out that “obstruction”

Or “twist” in the way! haha 

Wow Georgette, I am sorry you had to go through that. I hope it has resolved itself now.

I had two strictures - but not that early out. I had one at four weeks and one at around eight weeks. They just did an EGD and stretched them out. No problems since. Strictures, when they occur, usually appear at 1-3 months out, so yes - yours were early!

45 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I had two strictures - but not that early out. I had one at four weeks and one at around eight weeks. They just did an EGD and stretched them out. No problems since. Strictures, when they occur, usually appear at 1-3 months out, so yes - yours were early!

Oh, I see --- I didn't look it up -- I messaged you asking you what a stricture is LMAO!! but I guess thats what it is - he said scar tissue. ;)

1 hour ago, mcfluffington said:

Wow Georgette, I am sorry you had to go through that. I hope it has resolved itself now.

Thanks!! :)

31 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Oh, I see --- I didn't look it up -- I messaged you asking you what a stricture is LMAO!! but I guess thats what it is - he said scar tissue. ;)

yep - a stricture is just overgrown scar tissue!

On 06/12/2020 at 09:19, catwoman7 said:

What’s an EGD. My guy went in again in the same spot. Could be that’s what he did?

11 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

What’s an EGD. My guy went in again in the same spot. Could be that’s what he did?

upper endoscopy - where they stick that tube that has a camera on the end of it down your throat to look at your stomach

27 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

upper endoscopy - where they stick that tube that has a camera on the end of it down your throat to look at your stomach

Oh ... I've had plenty of them :) for some reason the went back in lapro. hmmm