Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

COVID 20

Yes I did the wrong thing! Ate all the wrong stuff ! Drank alcohol! I am 1 year and 2 months out, reached my goal weight and then gained 20 pounds since March. I'm not feeling it and I know I did it. So what now? Don't want to hear about a pouch reset. FB_IMG_1590515404123.jpg

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using BariatricPal mobile app

go back to the way you were eating before March. If you're like a lot of us, that would be Protein first, then vegetables - then, if you have room, maybe a small serving of fruit or whole-grain carb.

start logging your food again if you're no longer doing it. Figure out how many calories per day you're averaging. Then cut that by 100 or so. If after a couple of weeks, nothing happens, then cut by another 100. Rinse and repeat. Cutting by too much at once is hard to do - it's easier if you gradually ease into it.

Make sure you’re having set meals and not grazing! (You still look great BTW, but I get your frustration.)

go back to the way you were eating before March. If you're like a lot of us, that would be Protein first, then vegetables - then, if you have room, maybe a small serving of fruit or whole-grain carb.
start logging your food again if you're no longer doing it. Figure out how many calories per day you're averaging. Then cut that by 100 or so. If after a couple of weeks, nothing happens, then cut by another 100. Rinse and repeat. Cutting by too much at once is hard to do - it's easier if you gradually ease into it.
Thank you soooooooo much!!!!

Make sure you’re having set meals and not grazing! (You still look great BTW, but I get your frustration.)
I've totally grazed. In the house being bored lol I also haven't had much activity in my life as of late. I'm usually at work walking a 135K sq ft campus . Im 20 pounds over my surgeon's goal and I'm just scared as I get closer to 200.

I'm taking the extra time at home to research nutritious meals and develop recipes I can make at home. The virus has been a terrible event for our world and country. I'm the kind of person that likes to keep busy. I was always travelling and on the go. Now I'm home all day, everyday. I definitely took shortcuts when eating when outside the home. I didn't dedicate much time for preparing or consuming meals at home. I have to recognize though that I found benefits in being home this year and it is working for me. I realized how little I knew about the right things to eat before my surgery. I have to reset, start from scratch with new meal plans and stick to healthy, unprocessed foods.

You demonstrated you can do it by reaching your goal weight. Just apply that will power again and evaluate what you will be eating. I suggest you make a written plan of all meals you will have one week at a time. Make sure the fat, carbs, sugar, Protein, and calories are in line. Stick to the plan.