Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is dating a thing anymore?

21 hours ago, mrjaywil said:

That sucks cause some of us dont want that. Thank you Sticky

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Totally agree... but even when that isn't what I am looking for, it is all I seem to find!!!!!

What apps are you using? I haven't had a hook up yet, just meaningful connections, from meetmindful, match.com, and bumble. Pinkcupid has been a mixed bag, I don't recommend.

Also, (after COVID is over) go to some meetups about things that you enjoy. Hiking, yoga, model trains, you name it. You'll have something to talk about that makes things less awkward and friend-oriented and things can grow into more.

I think dating looks alot different nowadays *wow I sound old... reminds me of my parents telling me how theh walked 10 miles to school in blizzard,up hills both ways when 5 cent candies were only a penny.....

But really.... covid has thrown a wrench jn the whole "get out there and meet people" process. On top of that,I think wls throws in another wrench not many people will get what the process is like, or the lifestyle changes that go with it.

... i should add a meme to bring me back down to the proper age range. . ;)

Sent from my SM-G970W using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery 5-21 and since I started my Journey I've lost 82.8 pounds. I'm just wondering if anyone is dating anymore and is it harder after having bariatric surgery? Have a great day!

It has been a challenge getting back into the swing of things. I learned that food is the main source in any social gathering. Unfortunately i was unable to keep it to myself being that i have various restrictions and they became displeased with time. How is dating for you?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm hoping to start dating again in about 6 or so months, I'm open to it but at the moment kind of just want to put energy into myself.

Sent from my SM-G973F using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree. I would love to meet someone and built a relationship together but I most importantly want to focus on myself and meet my goal. I feel that dating will not allow me to keep my focus as I am now.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am forever hopeful that the universe sends me someone who has also had WLS.

On 6/7/2020 at 3:53 PM, mrjaywil said:

I had my surgery 5-21 and since I started my Journey I've lost 82.8 pounds. I'm just wondering if anyone is dating anymore and is it harder after having bariatric surgery? Have a great day!

I really hope to date again, but yea with the whole covid thing, me being in my 40s with a teen son, it might be a challenge. But, I have gone so long without a loving companion, I want to meet someone, chat, get to know them, and when we can, meet in person and maybe have a relationship again! Also, meeting other WLS people would be great because we KNOW what its all about and what we go thru! ❤️ love to all!

I know your post is from 2020, I was sleeved 8-31 met up with my sister and a friend she brought along last night and he made fun of me about not being able to eat much. Kinda hurt my feeling, kinda blew it off and kept making conversation with others to avoid the comments. NOT sure what I would have done if on an actual date and comments were made, so now I skeptical about dating.

Sent from my SM-A716V using BariatricPal mobile app