Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I recently posted how good I feel with the current weight loss! The day after my post, I was at my seamstress, getting some of my favorite clothing taking up and we talked for an hour and all of a sudden I felt light headed and diaphoretic and told her I needed to sit down. My doctor had told me to take a half of my blood pressure medications and I had forgotten and taken the whole pill. I passed out and she gave me some orange juice after I came to and I told her I needed to call my husband because I couldn't drive home due to still feeling bad, my vision was blurry and I felt faint again but was able to contact my husband before passing out again, she spoke with him and told him I had passed out, she said I seizured and when I came to I had fallen into her glass mirror and had glass all over me but only had small cuts to my hand, my head hurt and was pounding and she truly felt I had a diabetic seizure, she said I fell forward out of the chair and hit the bottom of her full glass mirror, I do remember I kept yawning uncontrollable before passing out. With the Covid going on I refused to let my husband take me to the ER and contacted my primary which I had seen the day before. He thinks I over exerted myself by walking a mile and a half that morning and taking a whole blood pressure pill, my blood pressure was 118/72 and I didn't test my blood sugar d/t I have never had any issues prior with my BS. I drank G2 the rest of the day and the doctor told me not to walk and rest he rest of the weekend. Has anyone every experienced this? I am currently 5mths out and other than the scare I STILL FEEL GOOD! I received my blood work back Monday and all my levels are great! I have not walked any more but have been doing my 5lb weights. Any suggestions! I go to my Bariatric appointment the 23rd of this month.

How frightening for you (& your seamstress).

I’ve never fainted but have had cold sweats, nausea, general weakness & had to sit down because of my low BP. The last time was about 3months ago. Was just standing chatting at a shop I frequent when I suddenly became very weak. They got me some Water & I sat down for about 20mins in the shop before I felt strong enough to drive the 5mins home. I do have vision loss multiple times a day when I stand up & my BP drops. Not fun.

I used to take a bottle of diluted hydralite (full strength was too sweet) with me to sip wherever I went which I found helpful.

Interested to see what your GP says & if the BP meds were the cause.

17 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

How frightening for you (& your seamstress).

I’ve never fainted but have had cold sweats, nausea, general weakness & had to sit down because of my low BP. The last time was about 3months ago. Was just standing chatting at a shop I frequent when I suddenly became very weak. They got me some Water & I sat down for about 20mins in the shop before I felt strong enough to drive the 5mins home. I do have vision loss multiple times a day when I stand up & my BP drops. Not fun.

I used to take a bottle of diluted hydralite (full strength was too sweet) with me to sip wherever I went which I found helpful.

Interested to see what your GP says & if the BP meds were the cause.

She was so amazing and is! Thank you for your response! I truly believe it was my BP!

yes - it could definitely be low blood pressure. Low blood sugar can also cause that - or an inner ear imbalance - but given you're on blood pressure meds and took more than you're supposed to, that would be my first guess. I'd run it by my doctor and see what he/she thinks.

I can imagine how scary that was!! I'm glad you are feeling better, and hope you can figure out what caused it so that it doesn't happen again!!

16 hours ago, SlimChickadee said:

my blood pressure was 118/72

hmmm...I thought this would be within normal blood pressure range?

I am consistently 90/65 and my doc has not raised any concern.

(Though i don't have any symptoms/physical issues either, so maybe that is why there is no concern...? I used to have some blackness of vision in the early days, but not anymore...)

Edited by ms.sss

So, I recently posted how good I feel with the current weight loss! The day after my post, I was at my seamstress, getting some of my favorite clothing taking up and we talked for an hour and all of a sudden I felt light headed and diaphoretic and told her I needed to sit down. My doctor had told me to take a half of my blood pressure medications and I had forgotten and taken the whole pill. I passed out and she gave me some orange juice after I came to and I told her I needed to call my husband because I couldn't drive home due to still feeling bad, my vision was blurry and I felt faint again but was able to contact my husband before passing out again, she spoke with him and told him I had passed out, she said I seizured and when I came to I had fallen into her glass mirror and had glass all over me but only had small cuts to my hand, my head hurt and was pounding and she truly felt I had a diabetic seizure, she said I fell forward out of the chair and hit the bottom of her full glass mirror, I do remember I kept yawning uncontrollable before passing out. With the Covid going on I refused to let my husband take me to the ER and contacted my primary which I had seen the day before. He thinks I over exerted myself by walking a mile and a half that morning and taking a whole blood pressure pill, my blood pressure was 118/72 and I didn't test my blood sugar d/t I have never had any issues prior with my BS. I drank G2 the rest of the day and the doctor told me not to walk and rest he rest of the weekend. Has anyone every experienced this? I am currently 5mths out and other than the scare I STILL FEEL GOOD! I received my blood work back Monday and all my levels are great! I have not walked any more but have been doing my 5lb weights. Any suggestions! I go to my Bariatric appointment the 23rd of this month.

I know how scary that is. When I was a few months out, I passed out walking down my porch steps. When I came to, I went to get into my vehicle and I kept passing out. My husband heard me crying and screaming what is wrong with me. When he helped me stand up again, I passed out as he was helping me in the vehicle. When I went to the ER, I was severely dehydrated and when I would stand up my blood pressure would drop causing me to pass out. You must remember to always drink or carry Water or Gatorade or something. That's why doctors stress about getting your fluids in. The downfall from the ER visit was I left there in a boot, bc apparently when I fell down the porch stairs, I broke my foot in 3 places and tore all of my tendons in that foot as well. Now I try to keep water with me at all times, especially during the summer. I hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Earlier this year, months before my most recent surgery, I was on a standard diet with good weight loss results. I was controlling high blood pressure with two different medications. When I got up from sitting to standing and walking, I fainted. I checked my blood pressure right after and it was 112 / 69. This is healthy for most people, but too low for my body which was used to high blood pressure for a long time. My Doctor combined the medicine to one pill and reduced the dosage in half. I've been able to maintain my blood pressure at the upper limit of healthy levels with one pill each morning. I've had blood work done several times this year. I have never had any blood sugar issues or diabetes concerns. As I lose more weight I hope to be able to reduce or eliminate my blood pressure medication.

9 hours ago, ChubRub said:

I can imagine how scary that was!! I'm glad you are feeling better, and hope you can figure out what caused it so that it doesn't happen again!!

Will keep you all posted after appointement on 23rd of this month!

6 hours ago, MrsSpooky said:

I know how scary that is. When I was a few months out, I passed out walking down my porch steps. When I came to, I went to get into my vehicle and I kept passing out. My husband heard me crying and screaming what is wrong with me. When he helped me stand up again, I passed out as he was helping me in the vehicle. When I went to the ER, I was severely dehydrated and when I would stand up my blood pressure would drop causing me to pass out. You must remember to always drink or carry Water or Gatorade or something. That's why doctors stress about getting your fluids in. The downfall from the ER visit was I left there in a boot, bc apparently when I fell down the porch stairs, I broke my foot in 3 places and tore all of my tendons in that foot as well. Now I try to keep Water with me at all times, especially during the summer. I hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much for the insight, and yes, I thought dehydration as well! But I have been getting my water in and some and monitor my pee color (sorry TMI) and it is not clear but very light yellow, but great information and so glad you are doing better as well!

6 hours ago, California Guy said:

Earlier this year, months before my most recent surgery, I was on a standard diet with good weight loss results. I was controlling high blood pressure with two different medications. When I got up from sitting to standing and walking, I fainted. I checked my blood pressure right after and it was 112 / 69. This is healthy for most people, but too low for my body which was used to high blood pressure for a long time. My Doctor combined the medicine to one pill and reduced the dosage in half. I've been able to maintain my blood pressure at the upper limit of healthy levels with one pill each morning. I've had blood work done several times this year. I have never had any blood sugar issues or diabetes concerns. As I lose more weight I hope to be able to reduce or eliminate my blood pressure medication.

Right there with you, I am hoping to get rid of my BP medication all together! I went today and replaced the mirror I had broken and she was so happy to see me doing well, she also told my I was just inches away of a 911 call! LOL Like you I have never had BP levels that low and when I went to the doctor's office the day before the incident it was around 122/70 somethingish and that is why he reduced it to half! I also have never had any blood sugar issues. I promise I will not forget again because I went through my 90 day supply which I probably had 60 of them and cut them in half with my pill cutter, everyone of them! Thank you for the response!