Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m finally on the purée food stage. I have been able to eat tuna with no issues but salmon doesn’t agree with my stomach at all. How are all my August peeps doing?

50 minutes ago, RichelleGetsFit0309 said:

I’m finally on the purée food stage. I have been able to eat tuna with no issues but salmon doesn’t agree with my stomach at all. How are all my August peeps doing?

Im 3 days out, had my surgery on the 31st. Still on the liquid phase, but tolerating every thing well. Going much better than expected, I was worried at first. Keep it up!Insert other media

Had my surgery on August 25 and I lost 23 in the first two weeks.

Hi Lakenya1986... what was your starting weight? I had mine on August 17th and I am on a stall. Starting weight was 280lbs...down to 258. But now it hasn't change although I've been active with my workouts. I fast walk about 2 miles everyday. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Everyone, I am 10 days out. I had a wonderful experience in the hospital. I slept most of the first day. It was hard not being able to have anything to drink, but rinsing my mouth did help. I only used my pain meds at night. I slept in the recliner which helped a great deal. I returned to work on day 6 and just completed a full week of work. I have lost 13 pounds. This has been a wonderful experience. Barely any hunger, some discomfort, but much less than I expected. Congrats to all of my fellow August 20 sleevers. Sleeved August 25th

Since losing the 23 pounds in two weeks, I'm losing like a pound a day. I haven't done a lot of working out my first two weeks been a struggle Im still not drinking my min 64 oz of fluids a day and I'm barely eating half a puddy cup Im just not hungry just tired. I been to the hospital twice to get a IV of Fluid. I hope on Monday when I start stage 2 it gets better.

2 minutes ago, Lakenya1986 said:

Since losing the 23 pounds in two weeks, I'm losing like a pound a day. I haven't done a lot of working out my first two weeks been a struggle Im still not drinking my min 64 oz of fluids a day and I'm barely eating half a puddy cup Im just not hungry just tired. I been to the hospital twice to get a IV of Fluid. I hope on Monday when I start stage 2 it gets better

What is stopping you from eating/drink shakes? Is it pain or nausea or as you say just not hungry. If just not hungry, you really do need to make the effort to consume more your body needs the nutrition, if its pain or nausea has your doctor given you anything for it?

Just seeing if anyone is scheduled already for August 2020 with all this COVID stuff going on and people being pushed back farther and farther.

How are we doing post-op, August patients?!?! :):) I had sleeve surgery 7-27 and am feeling great already. Down 35lbs!:) would love to hear your journeys!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Some days I'm not hungry and would sleep for hours or I'll drink a little and thats it. I need to force myself to drink because sometime I'll get caught up in homeschooling or running errands that Ill forgot to drink or eat. I need to set a alarm on my phone to remind myself to drink.

Some days I'm not hungry and would sleep for hours or I'll drink a little and thats it. I need to force myself to drink because sometime I'll get caught up in homeschooling or running errands that Ill forgot to drink or eat. I need to set a alarm on my phone to remind myself to drink.

Omg i have this same problem!! I find myself trying to squeeze in liquids right before bed lol. When im good, im really good, but when im bad im really bad..like itll be 5pm and im realizing ive drank maybe one bottle of Water and no food/protein powder for the day!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

13 hours ago, Lakenya1986 said:

Since losing the 23 pounds in two weeks, I'm losing like a pound a day. I haven't done a lot of working out my first two weeks been a struggle Im still not drinking my min 64 oz of fluids a day and I'm barely eating half a puddy cup Im just not hungry just tired. I been to the hospital twice to get a IV of Fluid. I hope on Monday when I start stage 2 it gets better.

I'm in the puree food stage so I can't drink Water 30 mins before and after meals and I felt I wasn't getting enough fluids so now I have a timer set to remind myself to drink water and its been helping.

Hi all. Thought I’d check in. Sounds like most of you are doing pretty well.

Mine was on the 27th and while the pain wasn’t too bad, I had a high heart rate and low o2. So ended up back in the hospital the weekend after (I called the surgeon and was asked to go back).

Since then, I’ve been doing better. Trying to get at least 50+ grams of Protein in (I’m honestly over shakes at this point but still have a few days until the next stage) and as much Water as I can.

I definitely haven’t been feeling great. Just low energy and not able to sleep all night due to my stomach waking me up. I also have been having diarrhea, which I thought the opposite was supposed to happen but after searching the forum, I guess it isn’t that uncommon.

Thanks again for all of the encouragement (and yes - I was able to get my ring off before!) and I’m down 30lb total since starting the process, 12lb since surgery.

Had surgery on Monday, went back to work yesterday. I've gotten lucky my boss said he hired me for my brains and not braun... however I never really noticed how much walking I do in a day. Definitely, exhausted and went to be around 8 lastnight. I've had my first BM. I know alot of you might feel tmi...but I was so excited I told my sons who were getting ready for work and textes my husband. One incision is still draining but everyone that noticed the wet spot on my shirt were completely understandable and super supportive. I called my doctors office about it. It seems to be alot, but the nurse called me back and said it was normal, some people have the drainage while others don't. As long as it doesn't turn yellow or green or start to smell funny. My headaches are still waking me up. I think im sleeping about 3 hours before it wakes me up. Nothing appears to be working. Is anyone else experiencing severe headaches where its above the left eye towards the center of the head. Any ideas or suggestions...please. They hurt tremendously bad and the 500 tylenol twice every 6 hours doesn't touch them.
I am also having headaches. I can't believe you are back to work!!!!! Wow! I had surgery on the 2nd. I got home yesterday. I had to go to ICU then a regular room. But every time I take medication (crushed it) I pass out and I was having headaches starting in the back of my head around neck. Then the pain was so bad it effected my temples. So I just sent an email to see if I have to take some of these meds and asked what could be the headache problem. I'll let you know what my doctors say, but you are having different ones I think. I hope you feel better.

Hey everyone! I had VSG on August 27th, stayed one night in the hospital and have been able to get my fluids and Protein since day one (which totally surprised me). I’m literally sipping all day and use an app to keep track of my intake. I’m already sick of the shakes 😂 and have started substituting Bone Broth for some fluids/protein. My surgery weight was 226 (I’m 5’8) and prior to surgery I lost 14lbs in the liquid diet. Since surgery I’ve lost 7 pounds in a little over a week. I already know that I’m not going to be a fast loser, and that’s ok.
First 5 days post surgery I had zero appetite. Since then I do find myself hungry (I think??) but usually I just sip on a shake and it goes away. Does it take anyone else an hour to finish a shake??
My first surgical follow up is September 9th and I’m really hoping I can move onto soft foods- I need yogurt to help move my bowels!

17 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

What is stopping you from eating/drink shakes? Is it pain or nausea or as you say just not hungry. If just not hungry, you really do need to make the effort to consume more your body needs the nutrition, if its pain or nausea has your doctor given you anything for it?

I really hate to break it to ya but some of are in pain even with meds from doc. Just saying lol