Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, tarotcardreader said:

Vile? How so lol

The texture and taste isn't nice.

Just checked in for surgery and the guy at the registration desk asked me if I was here to give birth 🙃🙃🙃

Man am I glad I’m doing this surgery!!!!

Had surgery yesterday. Still in a little bit of pain. Oddly enough my ribs hurt more than anything else. Burping is happening but I guess my system is still not awake because my stomach is hard like is full of gas but it doesn't feel like i need to pass anything. Any suggestions? Or any best practices during this time?

15 days post op and besides some tummy tenderness pretty much feeling back to normal. One word of advice that I've learned and wanted to share with my fellow vsg-ers, this surgery doesn't fix your brain, it just shrinks your tummy. You will still be hungry and you will still want/crave the crappy food that put us all here in the first place. You have to genuinely be ready to change your overall eating habits to be successful. I'm down 15Ibs but I still find myself making poor decisions. Meeting with my dietician today to see if she can help with meal planning. I've gotta get my head in the right place because this is not an easy fix, just simple a tool to help get you on track. Good luck everyone!!

Thursday will be two weeks after my August Surgery. I am feeling a lot better, apparently I am the exact opposite of everyone else with surgery. I have a ton of energy, I mean we are talking hyper active child type of energy, no Hair loss, I am cold all the time, and I live in Florida. I am down almost 20 pounds so far. My surgeon keeps telling me I have to slow down, because I just had surgery, but hell I have had Csections so this is not my first rodeo.

I’m still in the hospital, just over 24 hours since surgery for me. I am not going to lie— I did NOT anticipate how much pain I would be in 😖. I’m feeling a little better today, but man yesterday and last night was rough. I’m so impressed by the people who are able to do this without anyone there with them - I honestly don’t know what I would have done yesterday if my bf hadn’t been with me to do everything I needed.

On 08/25/2020 at 06:43, SMC25428 said:

Had surgery yesterday. Still in a little bit of pain. Oddly enough my ribs hurt more than anything else. Burping is happening but I guess my system is still not awake because my stomach is hard like is full of gas but it doesn't feel like i need to pass anything. Any suggestions? Or any best practices during this time?

Are you allowed liquids? I find herbal tea and walking helped me pass gas.

I've been walking around. Which has helped. But now I have drainage in two of my incisions. I still feel kinda crappy. Don't get me wrong im excited its finally done but over all my body feels like I was hit by a bus.

1 week post op here. Still a tad tender where the beast was removed, but otherwise good. Feeling like I turned a corner with Water the last couple of days. I can actually get in a 16.9 oz bottle down in a couple of hours. I’ve been able to choke down at least 1.5 premier shakes. Added some PB2 for extra Protein (even found some with probiotics!)

so far, no desire for real food. I think half of that is fear from what other folks have posted about eating anything too soon post surgery.

All in all, I’m happy with progress. Hoping all my August peeps are feeling great!

On 8/25/2020 at 12:43 AM, SMC25428 said:

My surgeon mentioned that some goes in tummy and chewable gas x was ok with her ask your surgeon

On 8/25/2020 at 12:32 AM, SideOfSunny said:

Just checked in for surgery and the guy at the registration desk asked me if I was here to give birth 🙃🙃🙃

Man am I glad I’m doing this surgery!!!!

How are you doing 🥳

On 08/26/2020 at 19:38, MandoGetsSleeved said:

1 week post op here. Still a tad tender where the beast was removed, but otherwise good. Feeling like I turned a corner with Water the last couple of days. I can actually get in a 16.9 oz bottle down in a couple of hours. I’ve been able to choke down at least 1.5 premier shakes. Added some PB2 for extra Protein (even found some with probiotics!)

so far, no desire for real food. I think half of that is fear from what other folks have posted about eating anything too soon post surgery.

All in all, I’m happy with progress. Hoping all my August peeps are feeling great!

Where the beast was removed. Love it!! I’m still tender as well and it’s raining today so I’m in pain. I’ve been doing better with my Water intake as well. That was my main issue that I wouldn’t get enough fluids and have to go to the ER. Today, I’m able to move to the next stage of full liquids and will report back on how I do. I’ve never been happy to have sugar free pudding and lentil Soup. 😂😂

Taking in more Water. Walking more but this headache will not go away. I can relate to the post about sugar free pudding. Im not craving anything but to burp. I dont know if its appropriate to ask but when is it norm to have a bowel movement. I had surgery on Monday. My blood pressure is normal which I can say I haven't seen in a long time.

I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and still no BM. I was given a persciption from my physician, but it is not working. Trying to add Benefiber to pudding and other foods. Everyone says to drink Water. I still cannot get 64oz in during the day.

I’m 7 days post op and still haven’t had a BM either. I see the doctor next week and will see what he suggest if I haven’t had a BM by that time. I’m hoping the switch to full liquids will help move things along.