Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/12/2020 at 8:02 AM, SL824 said:

Hi...I am prepping for Aug...not scheduled yet, but I am about halfway through my appointments...

What made you decide on the sleeve? My Dr thinks I'll be better with the Duodenal Switch, so I have been researching the differences and pros/cons like mad.

I had the DS which was recommended by my surgeon because of the amount of weight I wanted to lose (150 lbs) and because it is a surgery that is most successful for weight loss and the ability to keep it off. Granted it is more aggressive than the other surgeries but in the long run, I thought it was right for me.

I would recommend researching the procedure, as well as the experience your surgeon has with this surgery. My doctor, Dr. Mitchell Roslin in Westchester, NY was extremely experienced and responsible for developing a revised version of DS. I had my surgery 6 weeks ago and feel great. I've lost 28 lbs.

The malabsorption deficiency is greater and it means being on Vitamins for the rest of your life, but I believe that is true for any bariatric surgery.

Good luck with your decision!

8 hours ago, Sam B said:

Has anyone in Ga got theirs?

I’m in Atlanta and mine is scheduled for next Wednesday with Dr McGill

On 8/18/2020 at 8:05 PM, Camillia said:

Hi All! I had my surgery today. Experiencing some pain but the Benadryl and pain medicine keeps me asleep.
Anyone else experience this or have experienced this?
Sending happy thoughts everyone’s way

Congratulations! Glad to hear you’re doing well.

I just wanted to update for those who are headed to surgery soon. I am one week and a day since sleeve surgery and I’m pretty much feeling 100%. I didn’t really ever have pain from the wounds. I did experience gas, I wouldn’t call it pain but it was very uncomfortable. It lasted about 24 hours and got better with walking. I had minor pain when I left the hospital but Im a single mom with a one year old and it was hard not to pick him up. I had to lift him onto the changing table, give him baths, etc you know regular mom stuff. That pain subsided pretty quickly too and I didn’t have to use pain meds much. Being on liquids again for another 2 weeks is the worst part but it’s not unbearable. It was difficult for me to get a Protein Shake down this first week. They just felt heavy and sweet and weren’t setting right but I kept trying different ones and found ones that I could tolerate. Protein Water has been a life saver. I found some sipping Soups yesterday that have been helping me feel more satisfied. I also talked to my surgeon’s office and they told me I could try some Greek yogurt and that went well today. I went back to work day 6. I’m a teacher and all my student are virtual for now so I’m basically just sitting in front of a computer all day. I was feeling really tired like I needed a nap midday and then super exhausted when I got home from work but not today. Today I felt great. You feel better every day. I’m just so excited to start seeing results. I have lost 11 lbs since surgery.

Newbie, I am scheduled on the 28th, robotic assisted gastric bypass. Good luck.

Also had mine yesterday and just got home! I haven’t been in much pain and so far have tolerated liquids, but MAN do I have some heartburn.

Like many have previously said WALK WALK WALK! I did 7000 steps throughout the night and I don’t think I have any gas pains! Woo Hoo!!!

Also had mine yesterday and just got home! I haven’t been in much pain and so far have tolerated liquids, but MAN do I have some heartburn.

Like many have previously said WALK WALK WALK! I did 7000 steps throughout the night and I don’t think I have any gas pains! Woo Hoo!!!
I had mine yesterday also and I am going home this evening. I burp a lot but no nauseous. No heart burn yet. Pain is bad when I stand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Mandogetsleeve, thank you for your update experience. I will make sure I walk, walk, walk. In 8 days is my surgery date for bypass.

Hey Everyone, I had my surgery yesterday and had a bad reaction to the anesthesia which has never happened to me before. I was in bad shape all night and early this morning. My surgeon approved a new medication and I’m doing much better. They put a pain blockage on the incisions so I don’t feel any pain on the sides. Only when I throwing up. I was scheduled to go home today but I’ll will be spending one more night here and then I’m free. The surgeon said it went well.

Hey Everyone, I had my surgery yesterday and had a bad reaction to the anesthesia which has never happened to me before. I was in bad shape all night and early this morning. My surgeon approved a new medication and I’m doing much better. They put a pain blockage on the incisions so I don’t feel any pain on the sides. Only when I throwing up. I was scheduled to go home today but I’ll will be spending one more night here and then I’m free. The surgeon said it went well.
Hi RichelleGetsFit0309,

Hang on there. The first three nights for me were hell. So much pain and I couldn't sleep well if it wasn't for the narcotics. I AM ON MY DAY 4 postop and feeling better. The pain on the lower left side seems to be the worse out of all 5 incessions made. I been in liquid diet and I can't wait to have some real solid food. Is not easy, but will get better. Stay strong.

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, RichelleGetsFit0309 said:

Sending virtual hugs. Glad they were able to find you some relief.

VSG is on the 24th for me and my anxiety is in overdrive (fear of dying). I’m glad to read all the good outcomes on here but of course that then makes me think I’ll be the one to have complications. *sigh*

Anyway, I’m hoping all goes well. Good luck to everyone!