Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I’ve been a lurker for almost two months, actually, since I began my journey. In fact I joined the same day I attended the information seminar with my surgeon, on June 23. Well today, I was informed that my insurer has approved my surgery, and was offered a surgery date of August 31st. (Request for approval was submitted on Friday.) Yikes!
If you’re concerned I made a hasty decision, no worries, I explored weight loss surgery in 2012, and got pretty far in the process, but decided to commit to trying on my own, which I did with moderate success three times in the last eight years, losing an average of 70lbs each time. But like others, the ‘lose-gain-lose” game has been exhausting. I’m committed to putting the work in and view surgery as a fresh start.
At first I felt lucky that my insurance did not not have the 3-6 months physician supervised weight loss requirement. Now, I’m not sure I still feel that way. By the way, I did have to complete everything else; psych exam, nutritionist consult, EGD, and abdominal ultrasound.
Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for their candid comments, they’ve been extremely hopeful. As for next steps for me, I will hit the ground running tomorrow in prep for surgery and post-op.

With your history of weightloss and gain over the last 8 years I wouldn't worry about the 6 month program. You've been on the "Diet Teadmill" long enough to teach the class. You'll be fine

Eddy Blaine Brown II

Have many apmt coming up anyone else and covid could mean cancellations as state is going back in shut down mode

14 hours ago, tarotcardreader said:

Have many apmt coming up anyone else and covid could mean cancellations as state is going back in shut down mode

Mine is still scheduled for tomorrow morning, but hey it’s Florida, they probably would not cancel if a cat 5 was coming through.

14 hours ago, Melliesmommy said:

How ya doing?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I am never overly excited about any surgery. Lol but better still concerned that during my liver shrinking diet I never lost any weight, and I followed my diet. No one else seems to concerned, I was told everything from Water retention to my body could have gone into starvation mode. Idk wish I could tell what my liver is doing lol

I had my RNY yesterday and everything went great. The pain was minimal and close to none at all.
My stomach just feels really sore like I did a ton of crunches. I Also had a morphine pump with a button I could push if needed for pain or to stay ahead of any potential pain. It was fantastic! I’ve been up and walking a lot and am now home. I also have had zero gas pains thus far. Fingers crossed it continues to be this smooth. Good luck to those getting their procedure soon.

37 minutes ago, Corrine2020 said:

I had my RNY yesterday and everything went great. The pain was minimal and close to none at all.
My stomach just feels really sore like I did a ton of crunches. I Also had a morphine pump with a button I could push if needed for pain or to stay ahead of any potential pain. It was fantastic! I’ve been up and walking a lot and am now home. I also have had zero gas pains thus far. Fingers crossed it continues to be this smooth. Good luck to those getting their procedure soon.

Great to hear that and I hope your smooth journey continues for you. Keep us posted as you go. I'm starting to get nervous, my op just a week away and really helpful to hear from you guys.

On 8/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, Melliesmommy said:

How ya doing?

Well I am never overly excited about any surgery. Lol but better still concerned that during my liver shrinking diet I never lost any weight, and I followed my diet. No one else seems to concerned, I was told everything from Water retention to my body could have gone into starvation mode. Idk wish I could tell what my liver is doing lol

Counting down the hours till surgery. Passing the time by watching TikTok and just stuck my phone in my mouth. Sooo that’s where I’m at in my life lmao.

11 hours ago, Corrine2020 said:

Congrats you made to other side! Hows the first few days going?

On 8/11/2020 at 2:56 PM, Melliesmommy said:

Mine is also Thursday, and I'm losing my nerve a bit.

How you doing Mellie! Hope you post an update on how it went for everyone good luck!🍀

I'm flying home today (had my operation on the 10th), other than a bit of an odd reaction to the anaesthetic it seems to have all gone fine. My surgeon said he would like to do a 120 cm (rather than the more standard 60 cm) bypass of my intestine.... not really sure why but I went along with it.

Not eaten anything yet, just been on Water. Tbh I am nervous about drinking too much in one go.... when will I be able to drink normally?

Edited by MoominMan

9 hours ago, tarotcardreader said:

Congrats you made to other side! Hows the first few days going?

So far it's been smooth sailing. No real pain. Stomach is just very sore. Trying to stay on the water/shake schedule they gave me is hardest of all!