Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

17 hours ago, PerezL84 said:

So to those who have completed their procedure and are on their first 2 week liquid diet, how are you all feeling? Are you able to walk without any pain? Do you feel hungry at all? Any weight loss (if surgery was done 1 week of August)?

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery (sleeve) was done on July 30th and I am in the midst of two week post op liquid diet. I feel great, just a little bit of itching and pain at the two largest incisions...and of course, I would love to eat something...anything!! Last night my daughter and I ordered Soups from Panera (Summer Corn Chowder) and I strained mine and gave her all the "stuff" and just ate the broth/cream and OH. MY. GOSH. I was in heaven!!!! I didn't add Protein Powder to it because I had two Premier Protein shakes already. Things I recommend:

1) GENEPRO powder - I tried several Protein powders but this was the smallest scoop and easiest to blend. I usually mix it in a little milk, broth or Water and add it to any hot soups/broths. I use it to make Jello shooters that have protein in them, protein pudding and add to broths to make them higher in protein.

2) Use Premier Protein (especially caramel) in Decaf coffee

3) Don't buy the nasty powdered soups...or if you do, don't buy too many! I have 4 boxes and they are the WORST! (At least for me).

4) Swanson Sipping Broths (45-50 calories and 9 grams of protein) Easy to heat, easy to drink.

I cannot wait to get to the puree stage...and then real food!! And I am down 10.5 pounds from surgery day so a little over a pound a day.

GOOD LUCK!! This is going to be a game changer!

Edited by kellym1220

23 hours ago, MeliE82 said:

Yes I am having a Bypass the same day! Going to be having my procedure done in Cedar Park Texas 😊

Awesome! Good luck! I just told my parents about the surgery. I thought it would be a whole thing, but they were pretty cool about it. My mom asked lots of question all of which I had answers for. My dad only asked, "does the doctor need my help? Because I'm available." Uh, no thanks Dad. He's retired from working in electronics, and he's quite a joker. 😂

On 8/6/2020 at 7:22 PM, Brekatelyn said:

Surgery date is August 24, and I will be getting SLEEVED!!
Can anyone give me advice on what to pack for my hospital stay?!

I just had surgery on Wednesday; spent one night in the hospital. Other than my cell phone, headphones, and a charger, I didn't need a thing! I brought so much crap that had been recommended on various forums/websites, like a pillow, slippers, loose clothing, etc, and I didn't use any of it. I slept so much, was so groggy, and generally felt so lousy that the last thing I was worried about was creature comforts from home.

The hospital had everything I needed.

19 hours ago, PerezL84 said:

So to those who have completed their procedure and are on their first 2 week liquid diet, how are you all feeling? Are you able to walk without any pain? Do you feel hungry at all? Any weight loss (if surgery was done 1 week of August)?

I had the sleeve done on the 5th, stayed in the hospital over night. I was super sleepy the day of and the day after the surgery, but by the 7th, I was feeling much more like myself. Since I had already been on a two week pre-op liquid diet, my body didn't seem bothered by the continuation of liquid, even though I was consuming less. No hunger whatsoever. Also, no issues walking; I walked a total of about 3 miles the day after surgery (I have a dog). Like a lot of people have mentioned, the only real "pain" I feel can be best described as soreness, like I just did a ton of sit-ups. I can still do all the normal stuff at home; I'm only trying to be careful not to lift anything heavy.

Haven't gotten on the scale yet, but I haven't consumed more than a few hundred calories since the night before surgery so I'm not worried about it.

On 7/28/2020 at 1:45 AM, PerezL84 said:

I am scheduled for August 17th. Looking forward.

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/28/2020 at 4:29 AM, halo68 said:

I am scheduled for the sleeve on the 7th. Doing the liquid diet for the next two weeks.

I am also scheduled for the 17th of August. The pre diet is really hard for me brining up all the thoughts I suppressed with food. Anyone else dealing with this? Thanks for guidance in advance.

On 7/28/2020 at 12:07 PM, Roxie40 said:

Hi! I'm scheduled for my Safe Sleeve on Aug 28th at Blossom Bariatrics. I'm so tired of the struggle and so excited to start my new life.

Hi. I was scheduled with Blossom for vsg on Aug 20th, but got a call last week about a cancellation. New surgery date is Monday, 10th. All tests completed and just in the hotel now for 2 days waiting for monday to arrive. Blossom has a great program and really take care of everything you will need. I hope to be able to update you monday or tuesday. If anyone has a specific question, please reach out to me.

22 hours ago, debsgallery said:

I am a newbee here. My surgery is scheduled for Aug 19th. My current weight is 235 and I am on the liver reduction diet. My Doctor is Dr Toledo in Pueblo Colorado. I have jumped thru hoops since May doing all the tests and things he wanted. I am 69 yrs old September 22 I will be 70. I started dieting in August 2019 as I could not breathe. I was at 270 lbs. I am on O2 now and use a cpap machine at night. I have heart failure and my Cardiologist recommended the surgery for my heart to get better. Wish me luck as I am very nervous about the surgery.

The liver shrinkage diet is not too hard for me as Dr Toledo has me eating/drinking a Premire Protein Drink at 8am, 10am I have a boiled egg, 12p I have another Protein drink, at 2pm I have 40z of sardine or sometimes 5 boiled shrimp, 4pm I have 4 oz of lean meat or fish with one cup of steamed carrots or broccoli and at 6pm I have another Protein Drink. I go to bed at 9.

Sometimes I start thinking since I am doing well on the diet maybe I can not have the surgery but then I thought that once before and cancelled the surgery and ended up at 270. So I know I have to have the surgery.

Hi I'm having my surgery on 19th too and wish you all the best with your surgery. I'm quite calm at the moment and a bit fed up with the pre-op diet but it's not for long hey? I am in London England and having my surgery so that I can continue with the things I love. I play tennis a lot - think I'm addicted - and a bit of golf and as I've got heavier its getting more and more difficult. I have been a yoyo dieter all my life and have had enough of it. I will be 60 in September. I weigh about 250lbs at the moment and am having a gastric bypass (I have reflux so sleeve was ruled out). I decided to go ahead with the surgery in June so I haven't been waiting too long.

All the posts help and I look forward to hearing from those who have had their surgery in the last couple of days.

Update: I was discharged after a two night stay. I was supposed to have gastric bypass and gallbladder removed, bypass went perfect but my liver was too large to get the gallbladder out. After surgery I was in and out of it for the day, awoken multiple times throughout the night for meds, vitals and machinery beeping. Second day/night was much smoother was able to drink Protein Shakes and as much Water as I could take, the shoulder pain from the gas is intense so be prepared for that. I did get up and start walking as much as possible as soon as I could post-op. I'll be starting a blog to track my personal progress story and look forward to making contacts here as well to get informed and to help inform along the way!

It's 3am and I can't sleep. Flying out to Estonia in the morning for surgery tomorrow (10th). I've felt increasingly melancholy all week. I thought I'd be happy but right now I just feel sad. Sad that it's come to this.

Hey, so sorry you're feeling sad, we all go through a range of feelings to get to our decision but please be kind to yourself. You are just taking the most evidence-based treatment for your physical health condition and that is just what we all do readily with any other health condition. Go well and let us know how you're getting on. Take good care.

8 hours ago, MoominMan said:

It's 3am and I can't sleep. Flying out to Estonia in the morning for surgery tomorrow (10th). I've felt increasingly melancholy all week. I thought I'd be happy but right now I just feel sad. Sad that it's come to this.

Tomorrow is my big day too! Kinda nervous, more so about the uncertainty of what's to come. But we have to stay focused on the prize. No more high blood pressure, no more pre diabetes, etc. The benefits surely out way the risks! We got this!! See you on the other side, congrats 🤗

Edited by time4change14

I am scheduled on August 27th. I start my preop diet this Thursday. I am having a revision from Band to Sleeve.

I did it yesterday :)
So excited

Starting to get nervous. My surgery is on Thursday. My “I got the attitude” is wavering lol