Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 08/06/2020 at 18:43, Melliesmommy said:

I'm new here. My bypass is scheduled for Aug 13. I'm in the metro Atlanta area and a mom of 3.i have a hard time keeping up with them. I'm on liquid diet now and very hungry. My ultimate goal is to ride a roller coaster. Or all the roller coasters. Or go to a Water park and not be embarrassed. I have a dress from my 24th birthday. If I ever get back to it, I will cry.

Anyone else nearby or having the same surgery or day? Wouldn't it be crazy to find someone at the same hospital at the same time? 😜

Yes I am having a Bypass the same day! Going to be having my procedure done in Cedar Park Texas 😊

Today is the day lol I am excited can’t wait to get started with my new and healthier life style!!! It will be hard the first few weeks but well worth it. When I first started this journey back in March I was 355 and today I am down to 315 and steadily dropping which is awesome soon I will be at my goal weight and healthy and fit for myself and my son. I pray that my surgery goes well today.

@halo68Wow! That is such great progress already! Good luck with your surgery today and let us know how it goes!

So to those who have completed their procedure and are on their first 2 week liquid diet, how are you all feeling? Are you able to walk without any pain? Do you feel hungry at all? Any weight loss (if surgery was done 1 week of August)?

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am a newbee here. My surgery is scheduled for Aug 19th. My current weight is 235 and I am on the liver reduction diet. My Doctor is Dr Toledo in Pueblo Colorado. I have jumped thru hoops since May doing all the tests and things he wanted. I am 69 yrs old September 22 I will be 70. I started dieting in August 2019 as I could not breathe. I was at 270 lbs. I am on O2 now and use a cpap machine at night. I have heart failure and my Cardiologist recommended the surgery for my heart to get better. Wish me luck as I am very nervous about the surgery.

The liver shrinkage diet is not too hard for me as Dr Toledo has me eating/drinking a Premire Protein Drink at 8am, 10am I have a boiled egg, 12p I have another Protein drink, at 2pm I have 40z of sardine or sometimes 5 boiled shrimp, 4pm I have 4 oz of lean meat or fish with one cup of steamed carrots or broccoli and at 6pm I have another Protein drink. I go to bed at 9.

Sometimes I start thinking since I am doing well on the diet maybe I can not have the surgery but then I thought that once before and cancelled the surgery and ended up at 270. So I know I have to have the surgery.

So I'm scheduled for August 17. I'm on day 5 of my liquid diet. Today is my hardest day so far was pretty hungry. My diet is completely liquid/protein shakes. I made homemade broth before I started and that has saved me. costco roasted chickens are awesome for broth because the fat is roasted off. I basically recooked them in a roaster w/veggies/seasonings and a lot of Water for broth. Froze the baggies of broth in 1 and 2 cup portions and very soft chicken for my puree stage, also froze the veggies I'm going to puree them for gazpacho or something. I bought a few of the Kettle and Fire bone broths because they are suppose to be really high quality but having a hard time getting those down. I'm using the Premier Protein shakes but found I really liked the Fairlife better and I had ordered some Unjury Protein Powder and with the Fairlife Protein low-fat milk that's the best shakes so far. The Protein2o water is the best. I ordered 2 cases of the grape from Amazon because I couldn't find it in the stores. I'm sort of in the I can't believe it's really happening stage as I started my journey since November of 2019 and got stuck in the COVID backlash. I'm a little nervous to take the COVID test 3 days before surgery. I feel great but worry about that Asymptomatic stuff that would really set me back. But we'll see.....

I just had my surgery Tuesday. Originally it was schedule for March.

On 08/07/2020 at 17:54, Juliek1292 said:

I just had my surgery Tuesday. Originally it was schedule for March.

How are you feeling?

2 hours ago, Deb87109 said:

So I'm scheduled for August 17. I'm on day 5 of my liquid diet. Today is my hardest day so far was pretty hungry. My diet is completely liquid/protein shakes. I made homemade broth before I started and that has saved me. costco roasted chickens are awesome for broth because the fat is roasted off. I basically recooked them in a roaster w/veggies/seasonings and a lot of Water for broth. Froze the baggies of broth in 1 and 2 cup portions and very soft chicken for my puree stage, also froze the veggies I'm going to puree them for gazpacho or something. I bought a few of the Kettle and Fire bone broths because they are suppose to be really high quality but having a hard time getting those down. I'm using the Premier Protein shakes but found I really liked the Fairlife better and I had ordered some Unjury Protein Powder and with the Fairlife Protein low-fat milk that's the best shakes so far. The Protein2o Water is the best. I ordered 2 cases of the grape from Amazon because I couldn't find it in the stores. I'm sort of in the I can't believe it's really happening stage as I started my journey since November of 2019 and got stuck in the COVID backlash. I'm a little nervous to take the COVID test 3 days before surgery. I feel great but worry about that Asymptomatic stuff that would really set me back. But we'll see.....

Love this meal prep thing u r doing. I saw a person who is four years out and here is how her prep looks. Containers prob from Amazon 1-2 oz

5A47F25C-1E1C-46BE-B47D-23377D1A6AC9.jpeg

4 hours ago, debsgallery said:

I am a newbee here. My surgery is scheduled for Aug 19th. My current weight is 235 and I am on the liver reduction diet. My Doctor is Dr Toledo in Pueblo Colorado. I have jumped thru hoops since May doing all the tests and things he wanted. I am 69 yrs old September 22 I will be 70. I started dieting in August 2019 as I could not breathe. I was at 270 lbs. I am on O2 now and use a cpap machine at night. I have heart failure and my Cardiologist recommended the surgery for my heart to get better. Wish me luck as I am very nervous about the surgery.

The liver shrinkage diet is not too hard for me as Dr Toledo has me eating/drinking a Premire Protein Drink at 8am, 10am I have a boiled egg, 12p I have another Protein drink, at 2pm I have 40z of sardine or sometimes 5 boiled shrimp, 4pm I have 4 oz of lean meat or fish with one cup of steamed carrots or broccoli and at 6pm I have another Protein drink. I go to bed at 9.

Sometimes I start thinking since I am doing well on the diet maybe I can not have the surgery but then I thought that once before and cancelled the surgery and ended up at 270. So I know I have to have the surgery.

I also use pap and have the liver thing going but im a bit fluffier.