Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Once I have my insurance approval, is that approval for the surgery or for that specific facility/ surgeon to do the surgery? Im wondering if you can change facilities after that or if you have to stick with them? If you change do you have to go back through the classes and visits?

Sent from my SM-F700U using BariatricPal mobile app

I suspect you will have to do a bunch of paperwork to get surgery approved by different surgeon. It is possible that your new surgeon would have to resubmit everything your other surgeon submitted. I think they should accept everything you have done under previous surgeon but new surgeon would have to resubmit for approval. This depends a lot on whether your health insurance is through a PPO which requires you to use "network doctors".

It could be worse and you have to start over. If you are already approved, you should have a good reason (in your opinion) to make such a change at this pointnin the process. You could call your insurance and ask them directly what happens if you are approved but you want to change doctors.

Whether a different facility would need reapproval depends again on whether you arebin PPO.

If you are in PPO and either your surgeon or facility is not in preferred network, will cost you money.

Sent from my SM-T580 using BariatricPal mobile app

Pretty sure each surgeon has their own rules and guidelines they need you to follow even here in Australia I rang a few different surgeons and each one has their own set of rules...

Well this is when i was having my band removed i was all approved and ready to go when the surgeon didn't tell me his contract expired with that hospital. i was at a stall smh. so they actually just assigned new surgeon and hospital on their own and got it done same day. i was lucky

what upset me was i wanted that hospital to begin with it was 10 mins from my house smh. so to have them put me there was a little upsetting. i just got submitted for my sleeve and guess what this surgeon saying he wants to switch hospitals. i hope it can be done quick. lmao maybe the same hospital who knows

hi! i started w/ a provider and finished all necessary requirements. i ended up deciding to switch to a new doctor and he is accepting all of the things I did at the last place. BUT, it depends on the physician you get because one that I was checking out prior to the one i have now was going to require i did everything over again.

well i'm considering my opinions. i have literally done everything and i keep getting lied to that it was submitted but still hasn't been. almost 2 months and now that i requested my records telling me for sure again monday. i'm just over it no reason for me to sit and keep sitting al is done been done

8 hours ago, maddmar said:

well i'm considering my opinions. i have literally done everything and i keep getting lied to that it was submitted but still hasn't been. almost 2 months and now that i requested my records telling me for sure again monday. i'm just over it no reason for me to sit and keep sitting al is done been done

I totally get it. I had issues with the last because they constantly wanted to drug test me & others weren’t being treated the same. Go for it! I did have to shop around though!

yeah well monday is it for them. i can be redirected to a different surgeon in medical group or switch medical groups i called around also. i got a feeling she might as i wanted records so she knowns whats next im out. but if not good bye i don't understand whats so hard to submit