Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Look awesome dresses. But then the clothes come off!!

Thighs. I need thigh help! Please tell me your story!  I will not wear shorts. I just have severe cellulite.  Lipo?  Thigh lift?  Anything help and if so was it worth it?

NOTE: I couldn’t see what I was typing. Something is wrong with my settings 🤦‍♀️.  I meant I look awesome dressed. I can’t edit the title or delete the post. I’m very new to this. 

When I had my lap band weight loss I too had loose skin, so I had a Tummy Tuck. Just remember this type of surgery is very dangerous, you lose feeling in the surgery area, ask ask ask before going ahead and get a great surgeon. It will cost, a lot, and is not covered. I nearly died as I threw 3 blood clots, which is common with a tummy tuck. My stomach is still numb after 9 years. Some days I say it was worth it, but death is a high price to pay. Approach this type of surgery with your eyes opened.

my thighs weren't horrible since I carried my weight high. I do have dimpling now and some excess skin (but not much), but not enough to warrant plastic surgery. Plus at age 60, my days of wearing mini skirts and short shorts are L-O-N-G gone. BUT...my abdomen looked horrendous (although it was easily hidden in clothes) and so did my breasts. I had a lower body lift and a breast lift, and both look great now. Other than the scars (which actually aren't very noticeable), you'd swear it was some 30-year-old's body.

I also had my arms done, but in retrospect, I'm not sure I'd do those again. They really weren't that horrible to begin with. Although they look smaller now, it wasn't the same "wow" factor that it was with my abs and my breasts. I guess that's another reason I decided to skip my thighs - they really weren't all that bad, I didn't want to spend all that money not to be "wowed".

but - your body is different than mine. If your thighs look awful, then yes, they'll drastically improve with plastic surgery.

I wont wear shorts either for same reason, but the Dr. who did my breasts wont do thighs I was told . I have decided I cant afford it anyways and if I were going to do anything it would be my bat wings. Good luck to you

I use the fasciablaster on my flabby parts as I am still losing. Also old school leg lifts (like Jane Fonda did back in the day), squats and the fire hydrant pose can help build up the muscle to make it tighter and then the blasting could help smooth the skin. I don’t go hard, I oil and just blast to feel it but not hurt it.

I didn’t know about not feeling anything in the area after a Tummy Tuck. That’s where I held the most weight so I’m very curious to see how I end up. My dr said not to worry because some people lose so much weight that there is nothing left to pinch. I’ve had three kids and I’ve been cut in all directions but I guess I’ll know in a few months how the losing will affect me.

27 minutes ago, GinaFigz said:

I didn’t know about not feeling anything in the area after a Tummy Tuck.

yes - it's very common and sometimes permanent. I lost all my feeling from my navel down, but after a year or so, some of it started to come back. I still have some areas that are still 100% numb, though - and I'm aware that could be permanent. I've kind of gotten used to it, though.

My arms are a touch flabby. Wouldn’t say wings. Not much more than a lot of women my age (45). My tummy I have a little hang but nothing I can not cover and it be ok. I love being outside. I love the sun and beach ( lots of sunscreen). I just would like to feel comfortable in shorts, for myself. I had to think long and hard on that. I have worked hard for 6 1/2 years to keep my weight stable. Exercise has not helped my cellulite. It just keeps on a creeping.

I have read soooooo much online about treatments. I was just curious if anyone had luck with any and which ones.

My thighs have a lot of loose skin, but when I look at before/after thigh lift pics, I'm not blown away by the difference. I decided to do my tummy and boobs, and I figure if the tummy and boob are banging, then people won't notice my thighs so much! LOL!!

On 05/30/2020 at 08:20, ChubRub said:

My thighs have a lot of loose skin, but when I look at before/after thigh lift pics, I'm not blown away by the difference. I decided to do my tummy and boobs, and I figure if the tummy and boob are banging, then people won't notice my thighs so much! LOL!!

😂 love it. I had to really think hard. My husband and I agreed to one surgery. I really thought I’d go for boobs. Then I thought on it for a long time. My thighs are the one thing I can’t fake. I can buy good bras. The girls are little but with a good bra, They can rock a tank. My tummy .....slap some Spanx on and well bye bye lil flap.

Although I think my husband was a lil sad bout the boobs. So I may end you with those too 😂

I'm not worried about my saggy thighs and granny flaps. I can hide those with the right clothes. What I WOULD like done is the turkey wattle under my chin removed. Of course now that we are all wearing face masks that helps hide it...

Just now, janc75 said:

😂 love it. I had to really think hard. My husband and I agreed to one surgery. I really thought I’d go for boobs. Then I thought on it for a long time. My thighs are the one thing I can’t fake. I can buy good bras. The girls are little but with a good bra, They can rock a tank. My tummy .....slap some Spanx on and well bye bye lil flap.

Although I think my husband was a lil sad bout the boobs. So I may end you with those too 😂

LOL on the boobs! My husband is supportive of the way I look now, but is of course excited about new boobs!

Just now, JRT Mom said:

I'm not worried about my saggy thighs and granny flaps. I can hide those with the right clothes. What I WOULD like done is the turkey wattle under my chin removed. Of course now that we are all wearing face masks that helps hide it...

That is an easy fix as far as PS goes!! Not expensive and quick recovery!

I’ve never had banging boobs and would love to know what that’s like. I’d always wish the fat from my belly would go up to my boobs instead. So unfair. Yes to the turkey waddle!. I’ve always had a double chin and then the weight gain made it worse. Now that we are all in virtual meetings, it’s all I see! I looked up exercises and even ordered a chin lifting mask from Amazon to see if it will help. I am not consistent with the roller and exercises so once all the weight is gone, I’ll see how I feel.

Honestly, Ive had feelings about my boobs, tummy, thighs, back and upper arms and chin but I don’t take surgery lightly, it scares me but I know so many who have gotten surgery and look so good so I’ll see....but in the meantime I’ll keep using all the gizmos and gadgets I’ve bought over the years lol.

Best wishes if anyone goes for it, share pics!

2 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

I had the waddle removed, it loosened up again but not as bad. I'm 74 so my good ol' days have left the dock. I did have a caftan on the other day and my husband said is that your boobs way down there. God, he's looking for a miserable life. Just do what makes you happy but don't do too much.

4 hours ago, Sandra Nuelken said:

I had the waddle removed, it loosened up again but not as bad. I'm 74 so my good ol' days have left the dock. I did have a caftan on the other day and my husband said is that your boobs way down there. God, he's looking for a miserable life. Just do what makes you happy but don't do too much.

How much for the waddle removal ?

🤓
3 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

How much for the waddle removal ? I had a face lift. Cut all around the ears etc then tightened. I went from neck on my chest to just a few lines under the chin. I had it done with the Tummy Tuck. Folks say they can't believe I'm as old as I am and want to know what kind of lotions I use. That about anything else bothered me the most. I had a full turkey waddle. I'm a low maintenance woman so I really feel good having it removed. Again check your doctors really well and make sure they are certified in the field, and ask what their specialties are, I learned a face guy may not be a good tummy guy. Sometimes you WLS knows good surgeons. Ask for pictures, recommendations everything. After my experience and Botched, there is a lot that could go wrong.