Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY-JUNE-JULY 2020 BYPASSERS UNITE!! Veterans Welcome too!

7 hours ago, Lily66 said:

SO proud of you, MaybeMeow! You’re coming right along. You and I share a similar philosophy: “I am determined to not let MY CHOICE to do this surgery make them feel guilty for indulging.”. I’m right there with you! Hubs is 6ft and BMI of 21, can and does eat whatever he wants. Why should he suffer my journey? If tables were turned I sure wouldn’t want him placing that control on me.

At first, post op there were tough moments, I was green eyed monster over his Chilli’s Steak quesadilla carryout, or his home made key lime pie in fridge, but each time I resisted and let myself feel HAPPY for him, I grew stronger in my resolve and strength—and HE grew stronger in his love and respect for me. food was NOT scaring nor tempting me ANY LONGER. I have since then taken one bite of his ‘this or that’ to find I no longer have a taste for it and THAT WAS WONDERFULLY LIBERATING!

Keep on Keepin’ on Strong Woman!💃💪💝

Thanks Lily66. and um, HELLO. Look at that weight loss ticker!! WOW WOW!!! Inspirational. ONWARD!

6 hours ago, 613cnn said:

@maybemeow - how are you feeling? You’re almost a week out now right?

613Cnn... Hi. Thanks for reaching out! Today is a little better than yesterday. Which is all I can ask for. Very little pain if I take 500mg Tylenol twice a day. Sipping Protein enhanced broth and Water to save my life. Got 50 grams protein in today which is up from 30 yesterday, Hoping tomorrow to get my staples out and be released to adding egg, hummus, refried Beans, and cottage cheese to my list of alloweds. One day at a time. HOW ARE YOU?

Ah a I hope you get to progress to new foods soon too! What type of Protein are you taking?

I’m hanging in - wrapping up work to take extended leave. My surgery is Friday. Trying to stay focused on not eating anything solid. My doc has us on Clear Liquids plus shakes for 2 weeks lost op; then a week of yogurts, then 5 weeks of Mushies. Sigh

Hi everyone. I’m scheduled for a revision from the sleeve to RNY on July 17th due to Barrett’s Esophagus. I’m hoping to learn some things from your experiences and share some of mine also. To all those who just recently had surgery, I hope you are all doing well and have a great recovery! Im looking forward to the support that maybe we can all give to one another :)

@Groovymommy... Sending you alllllll the groovy vibes today!! Easy surgery and recovery are in your future I just know it! Check in when you feel up to it and WELCOME TO THE LOSER"S BENCH. PS: No matter how badly you feel now know this... 1 week later yer gonna eat an egg and feel like a new woman. ((hug))

15 hours ago, 613cnn said:

Ah a I hope you get to progress to new foods soon too! What type of Protein are you taking?

I’m hanging in - wrapping up work to take extended leave. My surgery is Friday. Trying to stay focused on not eating anything solid. My doc has us on Clear Liquids plus shakes for 2 weeks lost op; then a week of yogurts, then 5 weeks of Mushies. Sigh

You're almost there! The liquids is the hard part. My advice. Order a clear Soup from a restaurant you love. I have two, one is chicken noodle from a specialty chicken place in MO called Strouds and the other is a limey Thai broth. Strain one cup broth in a strainer (or less with Water mixed in if it's really salty) and mix in a scoop (or even half) of genpro Protein Powder (30 grams of pro a scoop). It mixes and disappears. Then pour your broth into a mug and sip. I do it 3 times a day with half a scoop of genopro for 45 grams Protein and it's easy and tasty. Saved me on those long liquid days. Ate an egg today. It was HEAVEN!

May I have your attention please...

I POOPED!

Thank you. Carry on.

(( @Groovymommy )) Hope you're hanging in there!

Whoooo I'm home, drinking Bone Broth and taking lots of naps. I'm gonna say I was surprised by the amount of pain. It's bad. However, nothing I can't deal with. I think my situation is worse because they found a pretty bad ventral hernia, which they repaired, as well as doing my bypass. So I have additional pain in additional areas to contend with! However, I feel good (no nausea so far), been peeing like a champ, walking around a bit, and very happy to be home. I feel like 100x better today than I did yesterday, so I'm hoping that means tomorrow will be even more like back to normal. Thanks for the positive thoughts, @MaybeMeow! I look forward to eating that egg!

So happy for you! It must feel incredibly relieving to be back home! Welcome to your losers bench!!

2 hours ago, Groovymommy said:

Whoooo I'm home, drinking Bone Broth and taking lots of naps. I'm gonna say I was surprised by the amount of pain. It's bad. However, nothing I can't deal with. I think my situation is worse because they found a pretty bad ventral hernia, which they repaired, as well as doing my bypass. So I have additional pain in additional areas to contend with! However, I feel good (no nausea so far), been peeing like a champ, walking around a bit, and very happy to be home. I feel like 100x better today than I did yesterday, so I'm hoping that means tomorrow will be even more like back to normal. Thanks for the positive thoughts, @MaybeMeow! I look forward to eating that egg!

YOU DID IT! I have read that those with a hernia have extra pain. You are a ROCKSTAR for handling that pain. So glad to hear you are home and safe. Hurdle leapt! On to the next. How's your gas? I've been getting bubbles with every swallow today and it's so uncomfortable. Anywho... yoU keep drinking and walking. PS: I HAVE EATEN COTTAGE CHEESE! and it was delish.

@MaybeMeow glad you are doing better. Jealous you’ve gotten to eat an egg and cottage cheese! I’m going to see my surgeon tomorrow so hopefully he’ll move me to that phase. Keep up the great recovery!

6 minutes ago, Lici said:

@MaybeMeow glad you are doing better. Jealous you’ve gotten to eat an egg and cottage cheese! I’m going to see my surgeon tomorrow so hopefully he’ll move me to that phase. Keep up the great recovery!

Crossing my fingers for you! Eating that egg made me feel real again. You will love it. I have not had that "no desire to eat" feeling many have. I guess I should say I still crave foods. Not necessarily feel hungry. ONWARD BYPASSERS!