Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY-JUNE-JULY 2020 BYPASSERS UNITE!! Veterans Welcome too!

@Groovymommy Happy 1 month! Great to hear from you! Cheers to feeling unbelievably normal. And being able to poop. And having a "break thru" regarding the way you see food! You are killing it!

@Repeatingthoughts How are YOU? I'm doing well. I've just started feeling "normal-ish" after some unexplained pain last week. My surgeon sent me in for an ultrasound to rule out gallstones. But by the time my appt rolled around the pain was nearly gone. Lasted about 4 days. So who knows. I went to an imaging center. Didn't get the results yet but don't expect any gallstones. I've lost 20 pounds as of today and today is the 6 week mark. I will say my daughter took a video of me dancing tonight and I watched it and was shocked at how heavy I am. I have avoided cameras and certainly videos for the last couple years since ballooning up in weight and I guess I was seeing myself as smaller in my head since losing the 20. It was a wake up call. To press ahead. Groovy I admit I haven't been taking my calciums. I decided to wait until my first bloodwork to see if I was Calcium deficient. I've read it can increase your risk of kidney stones and I've had one and I don't want one again. I have several servings of dairy a day. So we'll see. I'll start them if I need to. My appt for blood work is at 7 weeks so a week from today.

@613cnn I too have made a few discoveries I wish I hadn't. I've mentioned sugar in moderate amounts doesn't bother me at all. I was very happy about that at first. But now I'm seeing how that might, in the long run, be a bad thing. I did have a low blood sugar episode after walking in the park the other evening. Felt great when walking, then got home and realized I was low. I grabbed an oat and nut bar my husband had purchased at Whole Foods. It had chocolate chips in it but I picked them out, however it also had honey in it and as I was low I ate it. I had about a third of the bar before I realized it. Felt certain I was going to throw up for about 45 unhappy minutes. But I didn't., thank goodness (still wonder if I'm physically able). Anyway, the next morning I felt GREAT. It was interesting.

That's about all I have to share. I'm getting 60 pro a day. Still working on 64 Water. Eating about 600-700 cals a day and keeping carbs around 30. I'll update when I get the ultrasound results back and have my bloodwork done next week. Would love to hear from everyone. ONWARD BYPASSERS!! Thanks for checking in, Repeating!

Edited by MaybeMeow

@MaybeMeow Hi! congrats on your 20lbs loss, you're doing great! I hope your labs all come back normal. I am sending good vibes your way. I hope that pain doesn't return.

I am doing well. I am actually having my surgery tomorrow, as it was postponed from 6/29. I am excited and slightly nervous.

Please keep us posted. The support here is so healthy and amazing to have during our process and beyond.

Edited by Repeatingthoughts

I'm glad I had my gallbladder removed back in 2014. It wasn't fun having the excruciating attacks that led up to it, but since I've had it out I haven't had any problems with eating fat and things like that.

@MaybeMeow I hear you on the Calcium. I suppose it's good that the chews leave such an awful taste in my mouth, because it does encourage me to drink more in an effort to get rid of it! But I'm definitely not taking the full dose they recommend. However, like you, I do eat dairy regularly so I'm not too worried.

I'm averaging about 40g of Protein a day, which is supposedly not enough but I feel pretty good. I eat up to 400 calories a day in five or six tiny meals, but enough to make me feel full. I still dream about desserts! HAHA!

I hope I don't jinx myself by saying that I have not vomited at all, though I felt close a few times. I think it was because I ate something without chewing it enough.

The other day my hubby made tacos for dinner. I ate some seasoned ground beef (about 2 tablespoons) and half a taco shell with a little shredded cheese. It was delicious and felt decadent!

Still can't quite believe that I'm losing weight so rapidly. I know I'm going to hit a plateau eventually, so I'm trying to prepare myself for it. I've hit so many plateaus in my life, and it's usually the point where I get frustrated and give up. I'm committed to doing better this time so I'm researching strategies NOW so that I'll be prepared when it happens. I hope!

Good luck and hang in there, everyone.

Hi Meow and fellow bypassers! I have had three rounds of vomiting so far; twice with fish and once with soft, white watermelon seeds. I approach my Protein sources very cautiously now and have only had tuna, salmon, scallops, and two tiny bites of my husbands chicken breast. I have no desire for tuna again, as that was the first thing that made me sick. The scallops are lovely! I have only lost about 7 pounds since surgery, which is bumming me out, but I am just sticking with the program. I eat around 500-600 kcals per day and generally get 60 + grams of protein, 64 oz Water. I am walking most days for 20-30 minutes and averaging around 7000 total steps daily. I probably need to up my kcals a bit, but it is hard without adding fat and/or more carbs. I get plenty of carbs from Beans and occasional whole grain bread or crackers plus incidentals in dairy. I feel good and went back to work on Monday (2 weeks off). My energy is great, but I am tired by 8 pm.

Thinking best thoughts for all my pre- and post-op buddies out there!

@Groovymommy... What's your total loss? It's not bragging. It's inspiring!

Just shy of 31 pounds, so far. Can you not see my ticker? Maybe my permissions are screwed up.

Thats awesome @groovymommy! We can see the ticker, it works :).

just FYI, you can only see it via webpage not on the APP.

I just received my surgery time. I have to report to the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 AM. Holy moly, I am first to have surgery. This journey took a year and now the time is here :)

Edited by Repeatingthoughts

WOO HOoOOoOO! Inspiring. And HA! yes, I can. I forgot to look.

ONWARD!

5 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Hi Meow and fellow bypassers! I have had three rounds of vomiting so far; twice with fish and once with soft, white watermelon seeds. I approach my Protein sources very cautiously now and have only had tuna, salmon, scallops, and two tiny bites of my husbands chicken breast. I have no desire for tuna again, as that was the first thing that made me sick. The scallops are lovely! I have only lost about 7 pounds since surgery, which is bumming me out, but I am just sticking with the program. I eat around 500-600 kcals per day and generally get 60 + grams of Protein, 64 oz Water. I am walking most days for 20-30 minutes and averaging around 7000 total steps daily. I probably need to up my kcals a bit, but it is hard without adding fat and/or more carbs. I get plenty of carbs from Beans and occasional whole grain bread or crackers plus incidentals in dairy. I feel good and went back to work on Monday (2 weeks off). My energy is great, but I am tired by 8 pm.

Thinking best thoughts for all my pre- and post-op buddies out there!

SO sorry about the vomiting. Does it bring you relief? I have to say I've wanted to vomit several times. But haven't. Wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad thing. On another thread on this subject several were saying it's much easier to throw up now than it was before surgery. Not as miserable. I've wondered if I should... um... try harder during those times when I've been nauseated. End the misery? I bet it's nice to be back to work. Helps distract from the eating and calculating?

1 hour ago, Repeatingthoughts said:

Thats awesome @groovymommy! We can see the ticker, it works :).

just FYI, you can only see it via webpage not on the APP.

I just received my surgery time. I have to report to the hospital tomorrow at 5:30 AM. Holy moly, I am first to have surgery. This journey took a year and now the time is here :)

AHHhhHhhHH! We'll be sending you ((GOOD VIBES)) tomorrow! Then you can join us on the next chapter! Walk, and sip and check in when you can!!!

24 minutes ago, MaybeMeow said:

SO sorry about the vomiting. Does it bring you relief? I have to say I've wanted to vomit several times. But haven't. Wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad thing. On another thread on this subject several were saying it's much easier to throw up now than it was before surgery. Not as miserable. I've wondered if I should... um... try harder during those times when I've been nauseated. End the misery? I bet it's nice to be back to work. Helps distract from the eating and calculating?

The vomiting does give relief and it is easier than before. When you get that feeling, trying not to “swallow it back down” has been working for me. The sucky part for me has been the nausea and stomach cramping for FIVE hours while my body works to rid itself of the offensive substance.

Very good to be back at work, such as it is...I work four days per week ten hours per day from home as a COVID triage nurse for my clinic. It is generally super busy right now as cases in my community are up. It is nice to not have to worry about packing food right now 😬

Glad your stall ended @MaybeMeow!

@Groovymommyyou are kicking butt!

Good luck @Repeatingthoughts!

Thank you @wishmesmaller!

I am in my room now. Watching the Yankees game ♥️ I love my baseball. Feeling good. I can feel the pain of my stomach being cut. However, I am handling it well. Hope you are all ok. I am not allowed to eat or drink anything today. They provided me with the mint “popsicles”. Works well for dry mouth.

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

4 hours ago, Repeatingthoughts said:

I am in my room now. Watching the Yankees game ♥️ I love my baseball. Feeling good. I can feel the pain of my stomach being cut. However, I am handling it well. Hope you are all ok. I am not allowed to eat or drink anything today. They provided me with the mint “popsicles”. Works well for dry mouth.

YAY! Welcome to the other side! Hope you're home soon. The first week is the hardest. Just survive. Stay hydrated. That's your only goal the first couple days.

YAY! Welcome to the other side! Hope you're home soon. The first week is the hardest. Just survive. Stay hydrated. That's your only goal the first couple days.