Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

How often do you see the dietitian? Believe it or not I have not seen a dietitian since March. After that Covid hit and then I finally got my third surgery date for July 7 and I still have never seen a dietitian but I have seen my surgeon three times. I think everyone in my center got the short end of the stick because after COVID hit the dietitian up and re thought her life and decided to quit and they found someone else just for her to leave a month later and I don’t think they have anyone else yet. It’s very frustrating cause there really isn’t anyone to ask questions to.

I saw the dietitian at my 1-week and 6-week follow-ups. Did not see her at my 3-month (only the surgeon). My next appointment is at 6 months, which is when I get my bloodwork. I'm not sure if I'll see the dietitian at that one.

Does your program have a patient manual that discusses post-op diet? Most of what the dietitian told me is already in my patient manual. It sucks that your program has been without a dietitian for so long. Maybe you could find one on your own, but I would make sure it's someone who has experience with bariatric patients because our needs are different from most people's.

I'm under 200 pounds!

199.4.jpg.01cbb49ff8e7083dea303f004376bafc.jpg

It's hard to believe I started at 341 pounds with a BMI over 60, and I've lost all the way through the 200s. From super morbid obesity, all the way through morbid obesity. I have a long way to go before I get out of the obesity range, but I have come so far from where I started.

I tried on a pair of size 14 pants yesterday and they fit (they were actually a little baggy). Most people wouldn't consider that a great accomplishment, but 6 months ago, I was wearing size 26. Some plus-size brands didn't even go big enough for me at my highest weight, but I might be too small to buy plus-sized clothing soon!

I feel like I came back from the dead, because that was probably where I was heading a year ago. My weight has held me back so much in life and I have missed out on so many things. I wish I had done this sooner, but I never want to forget how it felt to be 341 pounds. Not many people know what it's like to face the world as a super morbidly obese person, and even fewer know what it's like to turn around from being seemingly hopelessly overweight. I used to see people who lost 100+ pounds and think it was impossible, but now I'm in the club.

I hope everyone else who was reborn in July 2020 is doing well and happy with your results!

Graph.thumb.jpg.6a9aab5cb8b5bfe6cd2952cf27a35442.jpg

Hey ya’ll!
So I haven’t gotten a date yet, but I do believe I’ll have one soon for July! I started w/ a new doctor this month (I’ve been through all steps necessary, with another doctor so my current surgeon isn’t requiring me to do anything else.). Luckily for me, my insurance doesn’t have any requirements for diet visits. Anyway, hoping to hear something soon. I speak to the doctors Monday & they mentioned after this appointment I will be submitted to insurance. Hoping it all works out! My 30th bday is in September & I’m ready to feel good!
Good luck on ur journey!!

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, BigJay79 said:

Good luck on ur journey!!

Thanks love!! It’s going well. I’m 64lbs down since surgery & 82 down since the start of my journey back in Jan ❤️

Thanks love!! It’s going well. I’m 64lbs down since surgery & 82 down since the start of my journey back in Jan [emoji3590]
That's simply amazing. U should be super happy for yourself. What an accomplishment. I'm super proud of u!! [emoji91][emoji91]

I know I haven't been active here the past couple of months. My seasonal depression kicks in in October and this year is no exception. It makes me pretty withdrawn. I have been keeping going on all the post-op work to get to my weight goal, though.

I'm definitely beyond fatigued with my diet. When I got unhappy with my weight loss slowing, I took drastic action and cut out the 3 dinners a week I was having. For the past month or so, I've gone back to just Protein Shakes and Protein Bars. The sole exceptions to that is allowing myself a couple of slices of deli ham or turkey a day in order to get my Protein totals a little higher and the occasional 100cal bag of microwave popcorn.

As weary of the lack of real food I am, scaling back the way I have has helped. Weekly numbers generally aren't as high as they once were, but they are higher than they were in the slump I ended up in.

Of course, this week kind of blew me away as I'm down 3.6lbs from last week, so maybe I've found the sweet spot and can carry this momentum forward.

I still have issues with getting dizzy when I stand up. Have lost consciousness two more times since the initial blackout I had a couple of months back. Tired of my surgeon saying it's normal with rapid weight loss, though he said he's putting me in for a cardio consult. Not sure when that'll happen though.

Finally had blood work done last week. Still waiting on the results to be published to my patient portal.

I entered Onederland back on 11/17 and this morning I hit my second weight loss goal of 190.

My final goal is 180, so I am quite literally in the home stretch now.

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is hanging in there and still losing. My weight loss has not been as quick as others, but I am very happy with it! I am staying between 800-1000 calories, focusing on Protein and getting my Water in. Yesterday was a great day, I wore my tightest size 16 jeans ALL DAY and was very comfortable! The days of jumping into sweats or stretch pants the second I get home are over. I also wore some size 14 jeans most of the day last weekend (without knowing that they were 14's) and they were fine too (although I was glad to get them off at the end of the day!)

I am feeling great and people are starting to notice. Work the plan and be yourself. The holidays are coming, so make a plan!

Hi July Peeps!

November was a rough month for me with a flood in my house from a broken Water heater, and then hubby and I both had COVID. We thankfully are recovered. We still have repair work that will need to be done on the house, but our house is livable and we are glad to be home and not in a hotel for months on end.

My weight loss was incredible (I think 😊) for the first 4 months with an average of 15 pounds per month. Now my weight loss has slowed and I am actually stalled right now. I think I have lost maybe a pound in the last week and 10 pounds total in month 5. It is a bummer, but it had to happen sometime. I am just going to keep doing what I have been and hope this stall ends soon. I am wearing size 10 jeans and medium tops at this point. I have so much energy and I am so happy with my weight loss thus far.

Hope everyone else is doing well! 💕😊

Hi July Peeps!

November was a rough month for me with a flood in my house from a broken Water heater, and then hubby and I both had COVID. We thankfully are recovered. We still have repair work that will need to be done on the house, but our house is livable and we are glad to be home and not in a hotel for months on end.
My weight loss was incredible (I think [emoji4]) for the first 4 months with an average of 15 pounds per month. Now my weight loss has slowed and I am actually stalled right now. I think I have lost maybe a pound in the last week and 10 pounds total in month 5. It is a bummer, but it had to happen sometime. I am just going to keep doing what I have been and hope this stall ends soon. I am wearing size 10 jeans and medium tops at this point. I have so much energy and I am so happy with my weight loss thus far.

Hope everyone else is doing well! [emoji177][emoji4]
I'm happy to hear you and your husband recovered from covid!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so friggin' tired of riding the rollercoaster I have been on the last half of this month.

12/1: -2.2lbs

12/8: -3.6lbs

12/15: +4.0lbs

12/22: -6.0lbs

12/29 - +2.4lbs

I realize that the net result is a loss of 5.4lbs for December, but the fact that I am 10lbs away from my final goal is what's demoralizing.

I don't have much hope for much weight loss this week as I woke up yesterday morning at 3am running a 101 degree fever and was unable to taste anything. Ended up at the ER by 4:30am to get a COVID test since I appeared symptomatic. Of course, my fever broke by the time I got to the ER. Doctor said my vitals are great and my lungs sound fine, so she doubts it's COVID, but I got tested regardless. Still feeling crummy, so don't think I'll get much exercise in this week.

The fact that I largely avoided having any stalls since surgery, the fact that I seem to be in one with the goal line in sight is just infuriating.

On 12/29/2020 at 09:56, Pandemonium said:

I am so friggin' tired of riding the rollercoaster I have been on the last half of this month.

12/29 - +2.4lbs

I realize that the net result is a loss of 5.4lbs for December, but the fact that I am 10lbs away from my final goal is what's demoralizing.

I don't have much hope for much weight loss this week as I woke up yesterday morning at 3am running a 101 degree fever and was unable to taste anything. Ended up at the ER by 4:30am to get a COVID test since I appeared symptomatic. Of course, my fever broke by the time I got to the ER. Doctor said my vitals are great and my lungs sound fine, so she doubts it's COVID, but I got tested regardless. Still feeling crummy, so don't think I'll get much exercise in this week.

The fact that I largely avoided having any stalls since surgery, the fact that I seem to be in one with the goal line in sight is just infuriating.

First off I hope you don’t have COVID and that you feel better soon so take care of you please. Second I feel you with the roller coaster weight loss . I am 8 pounds away from onederland and it feels like I will never get there. Try not to stress I know it’s not easy trust me I beat myself up for not loosing weight some what quickly but I figure as long as it is coming off n not going on I will try not to flip out much because stress is bad for weight loss. Lol keep doing what your doing and maybe your body needs a few days off n you will be better for it you never know. We are here to listen if you need us 🙂❤️

2 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

12/29 - +2.4lbs

that's pretty common when you're that close to goal. Happened to me as well - drove me crazy - but I finally did make it...

I skipped my weekly weigh in last week given the aftermath of blacking out and my bouncing my head off of my kitchen floor. Weighing in seemed like the least of my concerns. Of course, I haven't exercised in 8 days at this point since it seemed wise to focus on healing and I am pretty sure I'm suffering from a mild concussion, so I didn't want to exacerbate things. Was kind of dreading hitting the scale this morning.

Except that I have hit my final weight goal of 180lbs. I'm actually below it by 1.6 pounds. I'm kind of in shock right now (in a good way!) as it's been just under a year since I started this particular journey. I never expected these kinds of results but am absolutely thrilled by them.

So if I could just do something about the orthostatic hypotension, that would be the icing on the cake!