Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

While I haven’t had a true stall, sometimes I only lose like one pound in a week. My biggest gripe is the weird looking fat distribution as I lose weight. I call them my lumps and bumps. Lol. Really hard to feel good about how I look due to the fatty lumps and bumps, but I know as a whole I look a lot better 50 pounds smaller. 😊😊

Today officially marks 2 months since my surgery. I am down 41 lbs so far and while it has slowed it hasn't stopped. im ready to start working out more and its exciting!

On 9/18/2020 at 11:12 PM, IWantTheDream said:

Just checking in on everyone to see how we are all doing? Hope everyone is doing great and are happy and healthy and safe!

Sleeved 7/28 down from 215 to 187 Glad to see pounds come off but is it crazy that I fit in the same jeans size 14?

On 9/18/2020 at 11:12 PM, IWantTheDream said:

Just checking in on everyone to see how we are all doing? Hope everyone is doing great and are happy and healthy and safe!

i'm down 41lbs since surgery -- i have 25 days to hit my goal of 50 lbs down since surgery. ive been slacking this week w/my diet and exercising, but plan to kick my butt (again) to get back on the right tracks.

it's interesting seeing how fast my body is feeling better and even getting stronger w/workouts. def haven't experienced this before.

I hope everyone doing well, 9 weeks post op, its been so unusual not feeling hungry and not eating very much and feeling full. I wish I had done this years ago, down 51 pounds and going strong, y'all keep smiling and keep your eye and head on the goal..

So great to see all of you fellow July-ers doing so well! I'm down 32 lbs but been stalling here and there, which is so frustrating. It's been so much fun getting to explore eating foods again though!

So great to see all of this July surgery success! I’ll be 8 weeks post op on Tuesday. Down 42lbs since surgery and 63lbs total. I’ve hit a couple weight stalls along the way and currently in the longest one.

But... my peloton bike arrived last week and it’s awesome. The work outs are already going to the next level! Goal weight is 42 more lbs away. Keep it up everyone!

I'll be at two months tomorrow (Jul 22 -> Sep 22) and am down around 42 since surgery.

Things have been slower the last couple of weeks, but I think that's largely because I've been working out really hard. I got a membership to Future (future.fit), which is basically a remote personal trainer – you facetime with them occasionally, they set you up with a workout at the frequency you want, you wear an apple watch to track your workouts, and correspond with them via text to adjust/praise/lament/etc. It's not cheap ($150/mo), but the accountability is huge for me, and I really do feel that accountability to get up early and get it done.

At this point, I'm working out every day, for 40-60 minutes, and in the last 4 weeks, I've logged a workout on 21 of the 28 days (signed up for Future two weeks ago). Three days a week are strength-focused, and the others are cardio/outdoors.

So I figure I'm slowing down on the raw weight loss because I'm adding muscle. At least, that's what I tell myself. According to my fitbit scale, my body fat percentage is down by around 10 percentage points (40.9 -> 31.2).

I guess the biggest impact is that my kid's baseball league started yesterday – last year, I coached and felt totally self-conscious the whole time. Yesterday, I was a lot more confident, a lot more active on the field, and consequently a lot more "present" and engaged. If you'd have asked me about my specific goals before surgery, this kinda thing would have been one of them.

In all, things are going well. Glad to see others making great progress too!

Another question for everyone, Has anyone noticed after you eat. Do you ever have the feeling of your food stuck in your chest or do you ever feel like you need to bring it back up??? Any suggestions on what to do???

5 minutes ago, BLUV said:

Another question for everyone, Has anyone noticed after you eat. Do you ever have the feeling of your food stuck in your chest or do you ever feel like you need to bring it back up??? Any suggestions on what to do???

I sometimes have that feeling when I eat meat Proteins, but sometimes other stuff will do it too. It helps if eat very slowly. When I do get that feeling, sometimes I do vomit. Either way, walking around seems to help.

15 minutes ago, BLUV said:

Yes. Try eating slower and chew more

2 hours ago, BLUV said:

Absolutely. Get up and walk. Take some deep breathes. Do not drink although you will be tempted to do so . Focus on chewing each piece . At first I put my fork down between bites to force the new eating /chewing.

Overall, I've been doing great as far as weight loss goes. Mentally and emotionally I've been through the ringer the past few weeks. It also hasn't helped that it looks like I'm on the cusp of a stall right now. Have gone from generally 3lbs a week to 1.8lbs and then this week down to .8lbs this morning. So I'm having a bit of a blah morning. While I know that the slowdown is inevitable, I'd hoped to get another month or two before it set in. Either way, I have decided to scale back to 3 meals a week again, after moving to 4 a week as of last week. We'll see if that helps.