Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 9/1/2020 at 8:22 AM, Pandemonium said:

So bear with me on this one.

Back in February when I had my first appointment with the Holyoke Medical Weight Management program, I met with one of the two physician assistants that handle the intake of new patients. In that meeting, I went in looking into the medical weight loss program since I was under the impression that I was not eligible for further bariatric surgery. One of the first questions asked of me was what my goal weight was. I was told not to overthink it and to simply give her a number that I wanted to get down to. I said "225 pounds", which seemed like an unachievable goal, but it was what I weighed 20 or so years ago and while still overweight, was a comfortable weight for me. As that would involve losing 116 pounds, she informed me that I would be unlikely to achieve that goal in the medical program, but that it would be much more achievable in the surgical program. She quickly cleared up my misconceptions about my eligibility for revision surgery and sent me home to think about how I wanted to proceed.

A couple of weeks later, I was back in for my official intake into the surgical weight loss program to start the journey to removing my lapband and revising to a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. From that point, you've pretty much seen my progress and success.

So I only weigh myself once a week and it is on Tuesday mornings (used to be on Fridays, but once I had my surgery, I moved it to Tuesdays to align with the day I had surgery). Here's this week's update:

Starting Weight: 341.1
Surgery Day Weight: 262.8
Pre-surgery Weight Loss: 78.3

Current Weight: 225.2
Weight Lost in Past Week: 3.8
Post Surgery Weight Loss: 37.6

Total Weight Loss: 115.9

So, a couple of things:

1) I weighed myself 5 damn times this morning to see if I could get that .2 to go away. It didn't. My scale is too accurate to indulge in my shenanigans.

2) I am going to end up breaking my rule and will end up reweighing myself on Thursday or Friday, just so I can see that .2 disappear.

3) I have now lost more than a third of my body weight. 33.98%, to be precise.

4) Next goal is 190lbs. But first I have to get rid of that annoying .2lbs

Congratulations! Such a great inspiration, pre-op weight loss of nearly 80 lbs is fantastic!

On 9/1/2020 at 8:22 AM, Pandemonium said:

2) I am going to end up breaking my rule and will end up reweighing myself on Thursday or Friday, just so I can see that .2 disappear.

So, as I said I would...I broke my rule and weighed myself this morning.

89448183-5588-44F6-8916-E648F2D432CB.jpeg.dccd5e21f5a64d3359b44c548ec7c11b.jpeg

BOOYAH!!!!!

Congratulations!!! Job well done!

On 09/02/2020 at 08:52, BayougirlMrsS said:

I of course had to check them out.... i see that have "sample" that you can buy for like $2 each.... not bad. For me, my only concern is the 20g of carbs in each and that they are each about 230 in cals. And i still have trouble eating a Protein Bar.< br />
Did you have trouble eating and having them go down?

I tried the French toast it was amazing the flavor was so strong you could definitely think you are eating French toast. However I did blend it and I ended up with a lot of foam. I think it’s because it’s egg white Protein. But flavor was great. I tried the vegan blueberry donut and it had flavor but it wasn’t bad but not amazing either. I think it had a bit of an after taste like all of the vegan protein do and I’m not crazy about that after taste. I haven’t tried the rest yet. Blueberry has 3 g carbs and 100 cal French toast has2g carbs n 110 cal. Not bad . I will definitely have the French toast again. I saw them on a YouTube podcaster she has all the flavors and she has one that is pancake and she mixes it with a few other things and actually makes protein waffles I want to try that also. I’ll let you know about the other flavors and how they taste

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

Good morning! It's been a while since I have posted on this thread...I was suffering through the dreaded week 3 stall! I'm glad I have started losing again, and I hope to continue on!

I was a little concerned about this weekend, as I was hosting my mom and my sister for Labor Day weekend. Due to a pre-surgery grill accident, I don't have a grill right now, so grilling was out! I told my mom that I wasn't up for cooking much, but I was dying to go out, since my son, Kat, will not eat in restaurants due to the pandemic. We went out for Mexican, NY Deli, sushi and seafood. And I actually LOST weight! YAY! Mexican, I ordered shrimp fajitas (ate about 1/3 of the shrimp and some refried Beans and saved the rest of the shrimp for dinner last night, although I couldn't eat them all). NY Deli, a scoop of chicken salad on lettuce with tomatoes, carrots and cucumber. I ate a couple of cucumber slices and a carrot stick before I realized that I am not technically supposed to eat raw veggies yet! Sushi - sashimi appetizer (9 pieces, I ate 7 and gave my mom 2) and seafood, ate 2 of my mom's oysters (yum) and ordered the seared ahi appetizer, which I could only eat half. Last night, my son made couscous with grilled vegetables, which I ate about 2T of couscous, with some veggies and some of the leftover shrimp.

Why am I telling you this? Because one of my biggest fears was going out to eat and not being able to enjoy myself (and my food!) I had a great time, and while both my mom and sister were aware of why I was ordering what I was...I think I could have pulled it off at a work dinner or date! I even had a margarita on Friday (with SF margarita mix) and a glass of wine on Sunday! (Shhhhh! Don't tell my surgeon or NUT!) LOL

I hope everyone had a great weekend (not that it's over yet) and is continuing to be a loser!!

Just checking in on everyone to see how we are all doing? Hope everyone is doing great and are happy and healthy and safe!

12 hours ago, IWantTheDream said:

Just checking in on everyone to see how we are all doing? Hope everyone is doing great and are happy and healthy and safe!

Feeling great and watching the numbers on the scale drop! It is very surreal losing weight while not feeling deprived or lacking energy. I wish I had done this years ago!

How are you doing? Anyone else out there from July?

Hello

I am doing great also. But i have noticed a stall on my scale, but I'm losing inches. Anyone else experience this?

i had like a two week stall this month just before my 2 month mark. it was rough but i stayed on track and am losing again. its slowed down but i think thats normal

Good to know that. I'm right before the 2 month mark.

I'm in a stall too...zero pounds two weeks ago, but I have lost 1.7 pounds in the last week, so hopefully I am past that!! I have felt amazing and it's great to be down 32 pounds! I am happy to be able to eat real food again and still lose weight.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I'm doing well! Getting into the rhythm of getting all my Protein in without relying too much on shakes or powder. Continuing to have a variety of foods. Had some people over last night, and had a bit of dessert/real sugar for the first time since surgery. Kept it all within my calorie limit, and didn't have any dumping symptoms. I don't plan on making dessert a habit, but good to know whether or not I'll get sick.

1 hour ago, BLUV said:

Hello

I am doing great also. But i have noticed a stall on my scale, but I'm losing inches. Anyone else experience this?

My weight is pretty inconsistent as well. I stay the same weight for 3-5 days, lose weight the next few days and repeat. I do feel a difference in inches lost though!

1 hour ago, BLUV said:

Hello

This happens to A LOT of people! That's why it is highly recommended that you track measurements in addition to weight. I think it's a good thing because it means you're losing fat. I actually have sort of the opposite problem; I've lost over 100 pounds since my highest weight (only about 35 pounds since surgery, though), but I'm not much smaller. Only just this week did I retire the pants I was wearing at my highest weight because they're so big on me that they're falling down. Hard to believe it took 100 pounds to change pants size.

6 minutes ago, BigSue said:

This happens to A LOT of people! That's why it is highly recommended that you track measurements in addition to weight. I think it's a good thing because it means you're losing fat. I actually have sort of the opposite problem; I've lost over 100 pounds since my highest weight (only about 35 pounds since surgery, though), but I'm not much smaller. Only just this week did I retire the pants I was wearing at my highest weight because they're so big on me that they're falling down. Hard to believe it took 100 pounds to change pants size.

my body is being selective lol! I have lost a ton of inches from the waist up...but from mid-waist down not so much! I keep thinking really??? I could happily lose half my butt hips and thighs and be happy- but noooo...lol