Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

19 minutes ago, Lillimint said:

I am now 8 days out from surgery and today is the first time I’ve felt even remotely normal. The recovery has been ROUGH! The nausea was so bad I couldn’t get in my liquids or even take the zofran pill without throwing up. The stomach spasms are something else. Ended up back at the hospital for IV fluids and a CT scan. At least I know there’s nothing wrong with the surgery. I got a prescription for scopolamine Patches which has helped tremendously, and along with crystal lite I should be able to hit my goal for liquids today. I’m also able to watch food commercials on tv that don’t make me turn queasy. The stomach spasms are still there, but are no longer overwhelming. I tried to sleep as much as I could to make this period pass more quickly. I feel as if my progress on Day 8 is equal to what so many others have progressed to on Day 2 or 3. I was definitely full of regrets the first couple of days. Now I think I can see a path forward with being able to follow the recommended diet.

Hi Lillimint!

So I am 9 days out from sleeve surgery.

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles. I Don't want to rub it in but I've had the opposite. I've felt great and was surprised by this. I do have to say that this in itself is a problem for me because I don't know if after all this if the sleeve is working. I think if I was told I had to i could drink 8oz all at once. I'm not starving but I could surely eat if I was allowed. I've stuck to my pre and post op diets to a tee!

I actually wish a had a wee bit of what you went through so I can rest assure this will work for me!

I'm glad you are on the mend.

I just thought that it might be nice to hear from someone who actually was envious of you!

Good luck and hopefully we will both be successful in our journey ahead!

I’ve been exercising since I came home from the hospital. On my spin bike 30 mins and 30 min speed walking. Tomorrow I will begin spinning for 45 mins and some very light calisthenics. No lifting until maybe end of August

16 hours ago, Lillimint said:

I am now 8 days out from surgery and today is the first time I’ve felt even remotely normal. The recovery has been ROUGH! The nausea was so bad I couldn’t get in my liquids or even take the zofran pill without throwing up. The stomach spasms are something else. Ended up back at the hospital for IV fluids and a CT scan. At least I know there’s nothing wrong with the surgery. I got a prescription for scopolamine Patches which has helped tremendously, and along with crystal lite I should be able to hit my goal for liquids today. I’m also able to watch food commercials on tv that don’t make me turn queasy. The stomach spasms are still there, but are no longer overwhelming. I tried to sleep as much as I could to make this period pass more quickly. I feel as if my progress on Day 8 is equal to what so many others have progressed to on Day 2 or 3. I was definitely full of regrets the first couple of days. Now I think I can see a path forward with being able to follow the recommended diet.

please with your patch make sure you take it off with a glove or thick paper towel and thoroughly wash your hands. I find standing up and ice for spasms. find as many natural ways to get in fluids. cucumbers, melon and Fluid barring. process them down chill enjoy. I have been loving the watermelon. I ninja it and get it cold sooooooo goood

13 hours ago, Repeatingthoughts said:

I’ve been exercising since I came home from the hospital. On my spin bike 30 mins and 30 min speed walking. Tomorrow I will begin spinning for 45 mins and some very light calisthenics. No lifting until maybe end of August

you go !

Day 2 Post Op...still in quite a bit of pain and for sure not getting my fluids in. I know it will get better each day, I just have to push through! I’m so glad I’m on the other side!

I had surgery on 7/10/20. The first few days (maybe the entire first week) was horrible. I had so much pain and nausea, it was miserable to try to move and I definitely had second thoughts for a few days. I did force myself to walk several times a day once I was able to get the nausea under control. Three weeks later I’m 30 pounds lighter and I feel amazing. I still struggle getting my fluids in, and my pouch is having a hard time adjusting to puréed foods and softer foods. I just have absolutely no desire to eat food at all—there are no cravings and my stomach protests at the thought of trying to eat. I don’t think the process is the same for any two individuals. I do hope that the Patches help you. Once the nause is gone life gets so much better!!

16 hours ago, Kate142 said:

I had surgery on 7/10/20. The first few days (maybe the entire first week) was horrible. I had so much pain and nausea, it was miserable to try to move and I definitely had second thoughts for a few days. I did force myself to walk several times a day once I was able to get the nausea under control. Three weeks later I’m 30 pounds lighter and I feel amazing. I still struggle getting my fluids in, and my pouch is having a hard time adjusting to puréed foods and softer foods. I just have absolutely no desire to eat food at all—there are no cravings and my stomach protests at the thought of trying to eat. I don’t think the process is the same for any two individuals. I do hope that the Patches help you. Once the nause is gone life gets so much better!!

I'm with you! the first two days were so painful i had instant regrets but the nurses were so amazing. i had to stay 2 and a half days in the hospital. now im just about two weeks out and down about 20 lbs. its WILD. i have to remind myself that this takes so much time to adjust. i still dont know how to differentiate the sensations in my new stomach! its so weird but i too have no real cravings which is such a welcome relief! we got this!

On 08/02/2020 at 10:07, Phoenix20 said:

I'm with you! the first two days were so painful i had instant regrets but the nurses were so amazing. i had to stay 2 and a half days in the hospital. now im just about two weeks out and down about 20 lbs. its WILD. i have to remind myself that this takes so much time to adjust. i still dont know how to differentiate the sensations in my new stomach! its so weird but i too have no real cravings which is such a welcome relief! we got this!

Yes!!!! These new sensations are definitely a learning curve!!

Day 3 post op...focusing on Water and Protein. Last pain pill at 4am, trying to do today with only Tylenol. Feeling better!! :)

I'm 4 days out and just now feeling like the pain is manageable. I agree with the new stomach sensations. My tum is always gurgly and rumbly now, which I feel like I used to associate with hunger. So I'm feeling like I'm always hungry, even though I'm 100% sure that I'm not. It's quite annoying. Did anyone else go through that a few days after surgery? Did it go away? I hate feeling like I'm hungry constantly!

2 minutes ago, JordanKylie said:

I'm 4 days out and just now feeling like the pain is manageable. I agree with the new stomach sensations. My tum is always gurgly and rumbly now, which I feel like I used to associate with hunger. So I'm feeling like I'm always hungry, even though I'm 100% sure that I'm not. It's quite annoying. Did anyone else go through that a few days after surgery? Did it go away? I hate feeling like I'm hungry constantly!

YES! the gurgling and weird feelings i still have two weeks out. it really is a work in progress and takes time. i finally gave in and bought a mini food processor so i can expand into some of the canned fruits they said i could have

YES! the gurgling and weird feelings i still have two weeks out. it really is a work in progress and takes time. i finally gave in and bought a mini food processor so i can expand into some of the canned fruits they said i could have
I'm really looking forward to my soft food stage, I'm hoping that will help me feel more satisfied. I just hate feeling like I'm one of the people who experiences no change with their cravings or feelings of hunger. I was looking forward to not being interested in food! [emoji24]

On 08/02/2020 at 11:51, JordanKylie said:

I'm really looking forward to my soft food stage, I'm hoping that will help me feel more satisfied. I just hate feeling like I'm one of the people who experiences no change with their cravings or feelings of hunger. I was looking forward to not being interested in food! [emoji24]

I am right there with you I still have all the cravings for sweet stuff and forbid I say watch diners drive inns and dives I then just want to eat everything. Lol but I max out at 3 oz and I have not given into my craving.

I had mine July 14-just want to share that this is the most bizarre experience in terms of what I thought this was and what it is-utterly mind screwing-for me anyway....