Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am also going Tuesday the 28 ... been postponed since March.... no one can even walk me in and I am a very nervous person but I am praying to be home the next day .... scary but I know I need to do it 😔

Eight days out and down 13# from the day of surgery. Too much activity and I have to go to bed for the rest of the day. I’m doing exactly what they told me to do. Last night my daughter hugged me good night and looked up in surprise. “Either you’re getting smaller or my arms are getting longer!”

So worth it.

On 7/20/2020 at 7:21 AM, Catlove23 said:

U got this!!!! Praying for a speedy recovery!!!!!!

thank you so much!!!

On 07/23/2020 at 10:43, BigSue said:

Oh, yes! When I woke up from surgery, I was in so much pain and had many thoughts of, “Why did I do this to myself?“ and, “I would give anything to go back to yesterday and not go through this pain.” I had a miserable couple of days, but I recovered quickly. I’m one week out today and feel mostly back to normal. I hope you feel better soon, too!

@BigSue Thanks I feel so much better now I think I just had post op wobbles 🤗

On 7/23/2020 at 1:54 AM, AlishaD said:

I am 3 days post op and on the liquid diet, which isn’t so bad at the minute. Nothing tastes the same and I def don’t feel myself. I keep getting a pain in my chest like rising air bubbles, makes me feel like I want to burp. I don’t know if I am over thinking things. Have started taking meds and had to do my first tummy injection yesterday which is horrific. Did have second thoughts on day two in hospital thinking was this the right thing to do??? In a very strange place, but it’s encouraging to see some positive comments on her. Feel very much alone in this journey 🙄

we are here just get on your phone...

ok real quick...……..surgery 21st stayed two nights due to vomiting. Lots of meds for pain . I hate morphine just made me very nauseated. Toradol IV with Zofran was the key. I have came to the conclusion thru reading and now experience the first 24 is a given to be feeling shitty. The second day could be as well. A fresh gown and mini wash up will make you feel better. I used icepacks they are the cats meow!...apparently you may have stomach spasms. it feels like you stomach is twisting and then the pain at the end of your esophagus it did not get better til they gave me a steroid dose to calm down the inflammation which then calm down the pain. ice packs.

discharged 58 hours after surgery. I went home and went straight to bed. feeling very week

Friday a little better focused on Fluid and rest..Just trying to sleep thru

Saturday the same

sunday. SMALL amount of house work and back to bed

down 17 pounds from Tuesday

On 7/24/2020 at 6:14 AM, Thicc chick 504 said:

I’m having surgery Tuesday 7/28 and I’m this close to canceling due to fear and I will be alone in the hospital.

please pray and go . you are aloowed to use every device you own. It will be fine

4 minutes ago, INEEDABUDDY said:

ok real quick...……..surgery 21st stayed two nights due to vomiting. Lots of meds for pain . I hate morphine just made me very nauseated. Toradol IV with Zofran was the key. I have came to the conclusion thru reading and now experience the first 24 is a given to be feeling shitty. The second day could be as well. A fresh gown and mini wash up will make you feel better. I used icepacks they are the cats meow!...apparently you may have stomach spasms. it feels like you stomach is twisting and then the pain at the end of your esophagus it did not get better til they gave me a steroid dose to calm down the inflammation which then calm down the pain. ice packs.

discharged 58 hours after surgery. I went home and went straight to bed. feeling very week

Friday a little better focused on Fluid and rest..Just trying to sleep thru

Saturday the same

sunday. SMALL amount of house work and back to bed

down 17 pounds from Tuesday

Sorry about the pain, but welcome to the losers bench! Holy crap on your weight loss! That is spectacular! Every day will get better. By the second week, your energy and pain will improve. I am just wrapping up week 3 and I feel great. I have a ton of energy and am seeing changes in my body shape and the way clothes are fitting. It is fun! I am back to wearing my “skinny” crop jeans with a belt to hold them up even though my weight loss has been pretty meh post-op. It is exciting!

Glad you have joined us on the other side!

On 7/24/2020 at 6:56 PM, Machta said:

Eight days out and down 13# from the day of surgery. Too much activity and I have to go to bed for the rest of the day. I’m doing exactly what they told me to do. Last night my daughter hugged me good night and looked up in surprise. “Either you’re getting smaller or my arms are getting longer!”

So worth it.

Great work! And a wonderful non scale victory!

I'm 11 days out and I can recognize the over exertion thing. I flew to my homecountry the other day and even though I tried not to lift my luggage too much I still had to carry it up and down stairs. I was so tired and in pain when I finally reached my destination 😅

My first post here. Surgery date is July 28th. Looking forward to losing the weight but certainly nervous for the next 30-60 days.

the liquid diet has been so hard! I’ve lost 20lbs which is nice though.

Well surgery day has finally arrived and I have to be at the hospital at 630 am. I however thought it would be a good idea to work until 430 am. #cuttingitclose I'm hungry, thirsty and tired I probably should have taken the day off. #hindsight20/20 That being said I can't wait for 630 to arrive. 😆 Wish me luck! And good luck to everyone else having surgery today!

35 minutes ago, TheLdywMoxie said:

Well surgery day has finally arrived and I have to be at the hospital at 630 am. I however thought it would be a good idea to work until 430 am. #cuttingitclose I'm hungry, thirsty and tired I probably should have taken the day off. #hindsight20/20 That being said I can't wait for 630 to arrive. 😆 Wish me luck! And good luck to everyone else having surgery today!

Wow! U sound like an over achiever. Lol At least you'll have a nice nap pretty soon. I wish u much luck and success. I had mine 7/15. No problems and went home next day. It is hard but worth it. Today was very hard bc I'm weak, tired, depressed, and rebelling against protien shakes. But it's one day and I will continue to fight no matter how many days might go bad. I've lost 30 pounds since liquid diet. Can't be more glad than that! You are gonna do great. This is it! Let us know how it goes!

I had my surgery on the 20th so I am exactly one week out! i was in the hospital two and a half days which was unexpected but absolutely necessary. teh first two days had very rough moments but hte nurses who cared for me could not have been better. ive been off pain meds since saturday which is nice. its hard not to scratch at incision glue its so itchy! my emotions are bit scambled but not terrible. hard for me to sleep and hit Protein goal but at only one week out thats not bad. each day gets better

I'm back in the July surgery club! I was postponed due to Covid, but when I called them today to follow up, they said they could take me on THURSDAY!! So I am now doing a three day CRASH liquid diet vs. the two week liquid diet originally required (I made sure they knew I had eaten food this weekend!) I am soooo excited!!