Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 hours ago, kellym1220 said:

Well, hospital #3 has cancelled elective surgeries. Boo! Now they are looking into out patient surgery but I would need a hotel room close by...and reading some of the stories make me think I should wait the 6-8 weeks that they think it will be before they can do the surgery with a hospital stay. No change in price, but that is what out patient costs up in Orlando, so....thoughts??? liquid diet day 7...

Most people have zero complications. And those that do are minor. I'd say do the hotel if it's close and they will have someone come check on you. Particularly if you have a partner who is on the ball.

9 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

So I had bypass and my surgery happened about 2:30 PM. I got to my hospital room around 6:00 PM. I would have been fine at home after about 9-10 PM. Those first few hours I was pretty out of it, but even then I was was getting up and walking around by myself. The only time I needed help moving around was my first walk around 7 PM. I was pretty dopey and made my husband walk with me. The only thing I needed all night was ice chips that I could have gotten myself if allowed.

Ultimately it is up to you and your comfort level. Some questions to think about: Have you had surgery before? How did you feel after anesthesia? How was your nausea? Do you have someone that would be comfortable with you in the hotel post-op? Do you have any conditions that already make it hard for you to get around?

Ps. If you do decide to go with the outpatient, ask your surgeon about a scopolamine patch. It really helped eliminate almost all post-op nausea for me.

I think god is telling me it's not my time. Last night, my daughter (24) who would be my primary caregiver, chauffer, etc was lighting the grill and it blew up and gave her second degree burns on her hands and burned her hair (honestly I think she feels worse about that!) We called 911 and she spent the night in the hospital. I know she will be fine, just not sure she's up to caring for me in 7 days. I called and told them I will be available as soon as the hospital's re-open/ Meanwhile, off the liquid dirt and back on low carb!

4 minutes ago, kellym1220 said:

I think god is telling me it's not my time. Last night, my daughter (24) who would be my primary caregiver, chauffer, etc was lighting the grill and it blew up and gave her second degree burns on her hands and burned her hair (honestly I think she feels worse about that!) We called 911 and she spent the night in the hospital. I know she will be fine, just not sure she's up to caring for me in 7 days. I called and told them I will be available as soon as the hospital's re-open/ Meanwhile, off the liquid dirt and back on low carb!

Honestly, I think you made the right decision. Everyone's case is different and you could very well do absolutely fine! I had quite a bit of nausea and pain for the first 18+ hours. You may do absolutely amazing with minimal, even no pain or nausea! But, why take that chance? I will be praying that things will open up very soon and you will be able to have an uneventful surgery!! Also praying for your daughter's recovery!!

Underwent RNY Gastric Bypass yesterday at 1PM.

Woke up with 6 lap sites (I thought it would be 4-5 wondering who else can post their amount).

Was in a lot of pain in recovery where they gave me 0.5mg Dilaudid once and then a 5mg Oxycodone when I arrived to my room and was still in a little discomfort.

Even with scheduled Tylenol and Gabapentin the pain, although tolerable, does keep me up from sleep.

Been eating ice chips and had 3 sugar free popsicles.

Up and walking like a champ through the hallways as I’m bored and am unable to have visitors at this time.

I guess my question to anyone reading this is: is my experience Expected and typical?

My VSG is scheduled for July 22nd and I’ve officially begun my preop liquid diet! They also started me taking Protonix to help reduce the acid in my stomach. I go Sunday for my COVID swab and not excited about that at all.

Hey guys, I’m 2 days post op now & feeling pretty decent. Day 1 was probably the worst for me! Oddly they prescribed me children’s Tylenol for recovery (ONLY). So I had to ask for a prescription & now things are rolling more smoothly w/ the Tramadol prescribed

5 hours ago, maxtomin said:

Underwent RNY Gastric Bypass yesterday at 1PM.

Woke up with 6 lap sites (I thought it would be 4-5 wondering who else can post their amount).

Was in a lot of pain in recovery where they gave me 0.5mg Dilaudid once and then a 5mg Oxycodone when I arrived to my room and was still in a little discomfort.

Even with scheduled Tylenol and Gabapentin the pain, although tolerable, does keep me up from sleep.

Been eating ice chips and had 3 sugar free popsicles.

Up and walking like a champ through the hallways as I’m bored and am unable to have visitors at this time.

I guess my question to anyone reading this is: is my experience Expected and typical?

I would say you're doing really good! I suffered from muscle spasms at the bottom of my breastbone that went straight thru to my back causing intense upper back pain- like made me break down and cry several times. nothing they gave me helped until they figured out it was spasms and gave me meds for that specifically. I had mine at 1:30 a day was i. my room by 6pm. by 6:30 I was standing because I couldn't lay down from the pain...i literally stood and paced my room until 430 next morning when the meds got figjred out and I slept literally laying across my bed face down still standing lol! oh, and I have 7 incisions! I was puzzled by that too. I was expecting 5. I've had no issues drinking though and no nausea at all. Hope you continue to improve. The pain in your stomach really gets better after 3 or 4 days. the first week its hard to even sit up or stand straight for sure.

I just had my televisit with my surgeon. She said that I will be on a Toradol drip, as well iv pain meds and ice packs to apply to my belly. I will dry to video my experience to share. I hope I don't send anything crazy while I am on those meds. lol

To all that had their surgeries ..Congrats to your reset. May it be as wonderful as you dreamed. Leave the old mindset behind with your excess pounds.

Good luck to everyone! I will still be following your journeys and hoping for the return of elective surgeries, and testing some of the maintenance recipes to continue a low carb, low fat diet, until I can get rescheduled. I think this is truly the best decision...I am a bit of a wimp, so if things did NOT go well, I wouldn't want to be around me!! Take care and keep posting!!

Just have my surgery Monday just came home yesterday. Not to much pain just discomfort. Having trouble with air feeling stuck in my throat. Going to relax and see if it will pass, it's not healing me reach my liquid intake goals.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:40 PM, Nurse_Emily said:

The cancelled my surgery due to the recent spike in COVID cases 😫.. I'm crying... now I have to wait and see and GOD knows when they will reopen elective surgeries. Pray guys.. please pray this is all over soon

Im so sorry to hear that! What part of Florida are you in? I was able to still do mine on 07/08 but Im in South Florida. I hope you are able to reschedule soon. Good luck

6 minutes ago, Jo..di said:

I regret getting my sleeve.... I need to find out how to stretch it back out. I feel like dying

You had surgery less than two weeks ago. Don't do anything now that will put your health at risk, If you try and stretch your stomach while it is still healing you may cause a leak, this can cause serious illness.

You need to talk to your surgeon as soon as possible, I would also recommend you speak to a counsellor immediately (going by your very first post).

37 minutes ago, Jo..di said:

I regret getting my sleeve.... I need to find out how to stretch it back out. I feel like dying

Lol... I felt the same way... I went to drink my Water and it hurts going down... I’m like this **** feel funny... I straight forgot I got this sleeve... it’s like give me a break.. I even named my sleeve.. (New move)

2 hours ago, Jo..di said:

what happen whats wrong?