Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 7/8/2020 at 8:47 PM, Archbarn28 said:

Im having Gastric Sleeve on July 22!

I live in Northern VA if anyone wants to chat I'd love to hear from ya'll!

Started my yummy liquid diet today! 😜

Take care!

Deb

Is my program they only one that lets me eat to the surgery. I eat 4 servings of Protein and endless vegetables. wowo

On 7/8/2020 at 4:32 PM, KokoA said:

I was sleeved yesterday! I feel pain and pressure in my belly and shoulders. I was given pain meds and muscle relaxers. I was expected to be discharged today but Plan changed for tomorrow.
I am on clear liquid for now, tomorrow I start adding Protein Shakes to my diet

are you walking ? push past the pain walk.

Hello all! I had VSG and a hiatal hernia on July 7 at 7:30. I have not had a great experience. I came out of surgery and couldn’t walk let alone had trouble standing on my right hip (which is bad already) I walked into the hospital no pain in my hip that morning. So I think that it was from transferring me from bed to or table n back to bed. So I think they gave me something to knock me out on my way to or because I remember about a minute of the journey n then nothing until recovery and then they brought me to my room a few minutes latter. Once settled in my room I wanted to sit in the chair and when I tried to walk on my leg it gave out. I did not fall but almost. The pain has been way way way more then I thought. I have a very high pain tolerance and this has knocked me on my but. When I lay down in bed (which is extremely painful to even get in) I can only stay there for like three hrs n when I wake up the one spot on my stomach that is bad is burning and in so much pain. That spot the brushes are now yellow n look better and it’s not on fire anymore but it is still warm. When I stand there is pulling and burning and pain and you can feel a sm ball size bump under it. I am going to call surgeon but I’m afraid there is something wrong and I don’t want to have to go back into surgery and have more pain all over. I regret this sooooo much. I really wish I had not done this.😢 has anyone else had any of these also. Not the hip that is back to normal it took five days but that as go as will be.

Don't regret it. From what I have seen/read those with pain and right after surgery tend to say they regret it... but in a month will feel differently about it. I am scheduled for 7/24 so I cannot say to much. But I have had other surgeries including 2 C-sections, Gallbladder and shoulder repair. The days after surgery are always bad. Hang in there - this to shall pass and you WILL feel better. Prayers

Back from my PCP visit. My doc gave me lots of positive vibes today. Hopefully she clears me tomorrow when she receives my labs ♥️♥️♥️ I am so nervous.

54 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

Hello all! I had VSG and a hiatal hernia on July 7 at 7:30. I have not had a great experience. I came out of surgery and couldn’t walk let alone had trouble standing on my right hip (which is bad already) I walked into the hospital no pain in my hip that morning. So I think that it was from transferring me from bed to or table n back to bed. So I think they gave me something to knock me out on my way to or because I remember about a minute of the journey n then nothing until recovery and then they brought me to my room a few minutes latter. Once settled in my room I wanted to sit in the chair and when I tried to walk on my leg it gave out. I did not fall but almost. The pain has been way way way more then I thought. I have a very high pain tolerance and this has knocked me on my but. When I lay down in bed (which is extremely painful to even get in) I can only stay there for like three hrs n when I wake up the one spot on my stomach that is bad is burning and in so much pain. That spot the brushes are now yellow n look better and it’s not on fire anymore but it is still warm. When I stand there is pulling and burning and pain and you can feel a sm ball size bump under it. I am going to call surgeon but I’m afraid there is something wrong and I don’t want to have to go back into surgery and have more pain all over. I regret this sooooo much. I really wish I had not done this.😢 has anyone else had any of these also. Not the hip that is back to normal it took five days but that as go as will be.

I felt the same way the night after surgery. Cried, gagged and thought what the heck did I just do. Many people go thru this. Pain, exhaustion takes away the dreams you had prior to surgery. Don’t give in!! Call the docs! You deserve support and you will feel better over time! Breathe, find a friend you can let it all out with! You are stronger then you think. I am in NY where are you?

On 07/13/2020 at 12:34, Swjtes said:

I felt the same way the night after surgery. Cried, gagged and thought what the heck did I just do. Many people go thru this. Pain, exhaustion takes away the dreams you had prior to surgery. Don’t give in!! Call the docs! You deserve support and you will feel better over time! Breathe, find a friend you can let it all out with! You are stronger then you think. I am in NY where are you?

New Jersey. I have had my gallbladder removed and I had block bile ducts and was bright yellow. It was same day surgery and I was fully active right after. No pain. I don’t know maybe it’s my age I am 47. I don’t bounce back like I used to. I called surgeon and waiting for a call back. Thank you

@Swjtes and @IWantTheDream I honestly feel your pain. I have had several incidences since surgery (bypass and hiatal hernia repair 7/6) where my stomach and intestines feel full of air that no amount of burping or passing gas will alleviate. This comes with nausea and cramping, and lasts for several hours. Last night I suffered this again and vomited repeatedly for about 6 hours. Obviously, I am not vomiting much at a time and it is mostly liquid. It is super discouraging and disheartening, but I KNOW this will pass. I do have a call into the surgeon’s office to talk this through with his nurse. Part of me thinks this may be a severe lactose intolerance issue, which would break my heart, as cheese is literally my favorite food. I just don’t know what to eat right now in the puréed stage with no dairy products Including whey Proteins. Anyhow, that is my sob story.

I still do not regret my surgery, because what I was doing was not working. Obesity and aging are not a good combo. I am just going to keep plugging away at trying to get healthy and be kind to myself at the same time. Wishing you both healing and health.

Did any one had their ptt abit high?, my doctor is refusing to give the cleareance without seeing the hematology first. My surgery is the 16th, and I will see that doc tomorrow. Ferling nervous...did any of you experience this?

45 minutes ago, IWantTheDream said:

New Jersey. I have had my gallbladder removed and I had block bile ducts and was bright yellow. It was same day surgery and I was fully active right after. No pain. I don’t know maybe it’s my age I am 47. I don’t bounce back like I used to. I called surgeon and waiting for a call back. Thank you

Wow.. you are young :) I am sending prayers your way! Don’t give up!

My date for VSG IS 7/23, and I’m already on day 5 of the pre-op liquid diet. I’ve been hugely surprised that it’s not as bad as I expected. I had headaches the first 2 days, but otherwise it’s been pretty manageable. My fingers are crossed that things don’t get cancelled due to the COVID, but there doesn’t seem to be any talk (around here) about canceling elective surgeries.

26 minutes ago, Lillimint said:

My date for VSG IS 7/23, and I’m already on day 5 of the pre-op liquid diet. I’ve been hugely surprised that it’s not as bad as I expected. I had headaches the first 2 days, but otherwise it’s been pretty manageable. My fingers are crossed that things don’t get cancelled due to the COVID, but there doesn’t seem to be any talk (around here) about canceling elective surgeries.

surgery twin!! good luck!

On 07/13/2020 at 13:08, WishMeSmaller said:

@Swjtes and @IWantTheDream I honestly feel your pain. I have had several incidences since surgery (bypass and hiatal hernia repair 7/6) where my stomach and intestines feel full of air that no amount of burping or passing gas will alleviate. This comes with nausea and cramping, and lasts for several hours. Last night I suffered this again and vomited repeatedly for about 6 hours. Obviously, I am not vomiting much at a time and it is mostly liquid. It is super discouraging and disheartening, but I KNOW this will pass. I do have a call into the surgeon’s office to talk this through with his nurse. Part of me thinks this may be a severe lactose intolerance issue, which would break my heart, as cheese is literally my favorite food. I just don’t know what to eat right now in the puréed stage with no dairy products Including whey Proteins. Anyhow, that is my sob story.

I still do not regret my surgery, because what I was doing was not working. Obesity and aging are not a good combo. I am just going to keep plugging away at trying to get healthy and be kind to myself at the same time. Wishing you both healing and health.

Thank you! I am sorry to hear your doing poor also. If you are lactose try vegan cheese they come in all different kinds and most are tasty. I don’t know if you have a Wegmans grocery store by you but they normally have a great variety if not look for a health food store. Good luck!

On 07/13/2020 at 13:45, Swjtes said:

Wow.. you are young :) I am sending prayers your way! Don’t give up!

I really thought I was old lol at least I feel really really old lately.lol

July 20th.. can’t wait!