Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

45 minutes ago, tourniquettbt said:

July 8th! i'm almost there!

Me too! At the start of my liquid diet it felt like it would drag, I can't believe in 3 days the surgery will be over work! Starting to get nervous, but mostly excited 😁

Congratulations to all the people having surgery today speedy recovery!

On 6/17/2020 at 8:51 PM, chunkarella said:

Well, I was slated to have surgery today but it got postponed because of my cardiologist wanting me to see a congenital cardiologist about my heart. I got cleared, but my new date is July 8th.

I was on the liquid diet for 5 days when they postponed it (ughhhhhhh) but I know that I can do it and stocked up on broths and Popsicle. I found that Jello got kinda gross, kind quickly. If anyone is looking for different broths, Target has some Swanson's sipping broths that have different flavors (Ginger & Tumeric chicken and Lemon & Rosemary chicken) which have 9 grams of protein.. They're completely clear and delicious.

July 8th I’m soooo nervous y’all...

Just now, Thicc chick 504 said:

How do you feel ?

Getting better, at home sitting or lying but sipping something all the time. Not using any painkillers and I have just some pain around my belly button which makes it difficult to move around, sit or stand up.

I have the energy to go shopping or play with the kids etc., if you would want to know, but I can't because of the belly button pain. Hope it helps.

Hi July friends, update on my hemoglobin levels. I wanted to share in the event someone else would benefit from knowing this. So my surgery was set for 6/29 but due to chronic anemia it was cancelled. My HBG was 7.1 on 6/17/2020, 7.7 on 6/22/2020 (received first round of IV with Venofer which didn't help much) because, my levels went up to just 8.1 on my 6/29/2020 labs.

6/29/2020 received 1st round of Ferahame at 510mg. on 7/6/2020 my labs showed my HBG went up to 10.0!!!! 😍 I received my second Farahame round today and it is expected that my HBG will be normal by next week. My hematologist is also giving me a 3rd round of Ferahame the week of my surgery. my surgery is set for 7/23/2020

please note I have a heavy menstrual cycle caused by my obesity (hormonal). I hope with the weight loss this all goes away. I am scheduled to see my PCP again next week, to redo my prep labs.

I am also taking Vitamins, which includes Multivitamin, Vitamin C ( helps absorb the iron), B12, and Hema-plex soft gels.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:11 AM, Pandemonium said:

First day of bowel prep and 24 ounces in and I am regretting all of my life choices. I made the choice to not add Crystal Light to the Golytely and think I made a mistake. I was concerned about ruining Crystal Light for me for life if I did it The lemon flavor packet the pharmacy included is not even remotely sufficient.

Also, my lap band is making this process take longer because I can't do 8 ounces every 10 minutes.

Oh...and this is officially my worst birthday ever.

hang in there brother ..I am so sorry.

4 hours ago, Ozzy79 said:

I had my surgery on July 2nd! Everything is so new!

how do you feel how was the pain?

Congratulations Ozzy! Your are off on the journey to a healthy you!!

Edited by Swjtes

On 6/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, carlz said:

Yay, after reading these forums for the past year I can finally post!

I'll be having my VSG on July 20th, which just happens to be my birthday!

Twins! 💘

So today is preop day 1... whew I’m hungry! Lol but things are going SO much better than I anticipated

2 minutes ago, danielleleigh90 said:

So today is preop day 1... whew I’m hungry! Lol but things are going SO much better than I anticipated

you got this girl!