Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sorry to hear about the folks who had their surgies cancelled. I worry it may happen to many of us, as this month progresses..Crossing my fingers. Hang in there........

I hear may foks have two weeks of liquid diet. my surgeon and dietician has a reduced preop menu but not all liquids. 6oz of cook meet all white. 2 servings of vegetables with 3 meals and can have 3 more servings of fruits and vegetables. Perhaps folks that are cancelled can try that to stay on track. ( suggestion)\

I have my date the 21st I am so excited and scared.have any of you asked yourself.Why couldnt I do this without surgery?

I heard of all the cancellations and got worried, but have been assured by my surgeon that I am good to go. He stated he was fixing a hernia at the same time as the Gastric Bypass, so I won't be cancelled. 11 more days till surgery, getting excited to start this journey. The Pre-Op is not so bad when I think about it one day at a time and make the decision everyday to stay on track. Good luck to all. Keep Smiling.

8 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

I’m on Monday too! Glad I get my three shakes on Sunday instead of just Clear Liquids. Poor you! Just keep on keeping on. Happy surgery day to us on Monday!

Yes! We got this!! Monday is the beginning of our new lives!!

Judy & WishmeSmaller... congratulations you made it! Speedy recovery from your surgery on Monday. Mine is Wednesday and I am so looking forward to our groups success stories. Sending well wishes and prayers!

On 5/28/2020 at 9:51 PM, Babydoll7387 said:

Scheduled for RNY on July 8th. Start my liquid diet on June 24th, which I'm dreading 😬 My birthday is July 3rd, so I'm slightly bummed about not being able to do my usual dinner and cake, but that's part of the journey. Makes me wonder where I'll be at for my birthday next year. I'm so nervous, but so excited at the same time!

Happy birthday!

On 7/3/2020 at 2:48 PM, wilshe81 said:

My surgery is 7/27, praying elective surgeries aren’t cancelled again!

Yay same day as me! Yes me too, I'm so worried about that happening.

Hi All...new here..from Australia

Booked in 23 July 2020 for sleeve

Commence the 2 week pre diet Thursday....so much want to turn my life around but I'm scared as hell which I'm sure is normal.

I've had major bowel operations so i cant see it can be worse than that!.

Live on my own but still hoping i cant find support

I have employed a consultant who does this stuff and having weekly meetings with her which is great.

First day of bowel prep and 24 ounces in and I am regretting all of my life choices. I made the choice to not add Crystal Light to the Golytely and think I made a mistake. I was concerned about ruining Crystal Light for me for life if I did it The lemon flavor packet the pharmacy included is not even remotely sufficient.

Also, my lap band is making this process take longer because I can't do 8 ounces every 10 minutes.

Oh...and this is officially my worst birthday ever.

43 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

First day of bowel prep and 24 ounces in and I am regretting all of my life choices. I made the choice to not add Crystal Light to the Golytely and think I made a mistake. I was concerned about ruining Crystal Light for me for life if I did it The lemon flavor packet the pharmacy included is not even remotely sufficient.

Also, my lap band is making this process take longer because I can't do 8 ounces every 10 minutes.

Oh...and this is officially my worst birthday ever.

There is nothing “lyte” about golytely. That stuff is a bummer. Strange on the bowel prep as well. I don’t know if any of the rest of us have/had to do that. Try to remember this is part of the best birthday gift you will ever give yourself. Sending good vibes, positive thoughts, and wishes for a great year ahead on this less than stellar birthday!

On 5/27/2020 at 11:03 AM, Amanda0911 said:

My new date is July 22nd! My original date was May 18th but they canceled the day of my preop :(

I was provided that date two months prior and they flew by. Here I am waiting another two months and hoping it fly's by again! :)

Wow that’s my birthday lol they offered me July 21 as a surgery date but I turned it down. Now I’m wishing I had took it the sooner the better because all this waiting is giving me anxiety. I just don’t want them to cancel because if coronavirus before the end of this month

On 5/27/2020 at 11:03 AM, Amanda0911 said:

My new date is July 22nd! My original date was May 18th but they canceled the day of my preop :(

I was provided that date two months prior and they flew by. Here I am waiting another two months and hoping it fly's by again! :)

July 8th! i'm almost there!