Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just now, Tamwell said:

It's so nice to get hints and tips on here. I know if it wasn't for this site I might not be making this huge step for a better life !

True. Soon as I decided to take the leap and get the surgery I knew I need the support for before, during and after. I am so glad I found this place and you guys!

36 minutes ago, Lady Zae said:

Surgery date 7/2/20 8 days before my birthday! On day 4 of my liquid diet and feeling exhausted!!!

Mine's right before my birthday, too! Looks like several of us with July birthdays are getting WLS for our birthdays this year.

25 minutes ago, BigSue said:

Mine's right before my birthday, too! Looks like several of us with July birthdays are getting WLS for our birthdays this year.

Looks that way. What a wonderful gift to give oneself. The gift of a second chance at life!

5 hours ago, Maryeuh said:

So I am using premier shakes. And Premier Protein Water. I am also sipping Bone Broth. The shakes are good especially the apple cinnamon and oats flavor, my saving grace.

Premiere makes apple cinnamon and oats flavored shakes?!!!?? 🤔. Where’d you find those flavors? I’ve only had the Cookies and cream, cafe latte, bananas, peaches, strawberries and cream and the caramel flavors. I only like the chocolate and vanilla from Core Protein by Fairlife.

Edited by Lady Zae

Hi all ! I had my gastric bypass on 6/3/2020. I had a roughy first week with pain and a horrible skin reaction to the chlorhexidrine used in surgery prep. After that things Went really well except yesterday when I tried canned chicken, one bite chewed well. I had horrible chest pain. It finally subsided but I still have a bit of chest pain today. I went back on full liquids for 24 hours. Hope things are better tomorrow.

I’m glad to have found others who are the same stage as I am.

2 hours ago, Lady Zae said:

Premiere makes apple cinnamon and oats flavored shakes? !!!?? 🤔. Where’d you find those flavors? I’ve only had the Cookies and cream, cafe latte, bananas, peaches, strawberries and cream and the caramel flavors. I only like the chocolate and vanilla from Core Protein by Fairlife.

They have them on Amazon, also blueberries and cream which is my favorite so far ❤️ they have a little less Protein than the regular shakes (20g vs 30g) but I feel like it's worth it for how good they are.

Edited by Babydoll7387

9 hours ago, Babydoll7387 said:

They have them on Amazon, also blueberries and cream which is my favorite so far ❤️ they have a little less Protein than the regular shakes (20g vs 30g) but I feel like it's worth it for how good they are.

Thanks hun. I’m checking it out right now! 😄

My surgery is scheduled for July 2nd. I'm having VSG and can't wait to get started.

Tamwell. How are you today? How are you moving? How is your pain? Are you getting your Fluid in? What can we talk about to help you?

thanks for the Protein info. I am buying some to try the pops . I dont have a date but I am starting soem changes now .thank you guys for being here

Guys I am right behind you ...will order my premier tomorrow

anyone exercising ?

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 7:04 AM, IWantTheDream said:

I am having VSG on July 7. Still feels so far away.

Mine is on July 1 - at first the days were dragging on the pre op diet but now theyre going by much faster. Hang in there!!

13 hours ago, Lady Zae said:

Surgery date 7/2/20 8 days before my birthday! On day 4 of my liquid diet and feeling exhausted!!!

13 hours ago, Tamwell said:

It's so nice to get hints and tips on here. I know if it wasn't for this site I might not be making this huge step for a better life !

Lady Zae I’m having my VGS on 7/2/2020 too! I’m getting nervous but also getting prepared. I just ordered a number of things from Amazon today. I have my preop labs drawn tomorrow morning.