Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@postop thanks! I’ll check it out

No i totally understand Keto! The Miami diet, Dr akins, Slim fast, Oprah, and all the other diet plans ...........I can read! What I am saying is that is a diet, You need a lifetime balanced healthy eating schedule Not a diet.

You are not on a diet, The Vets here will also tell you this. Took me a few months to read this site to figure that out, Bottom line You are on a lifestyle eating habits change for the better for life! Nobody said eat carbs or junk food.

Took me a while to realize post WLS i was not on a diet, I was changing insane eating behavior and eating healthy and properly for life. During my journey except for some fasting was i never on a Diet. I understand it is not easy to get on this type of eating routine, But it is not a Diet it is your journey and your meal planning being healthy and under control that will give you what you are looking for.

So I’m 3 days into Keto. I’ve lost 3lbs already. I’m dealing with a bit of keto flu (dizzy and insomnia) but I feel good otherwise. I have about 30g of carbs a day. 100g of Protein. And 180g of fat daily.

Meal example:
Breakfast: almond flour pancake- 4 carbs
Cheese- 0 carbs
Strawberry- 2 carbs

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

I hope it goes well for you. You will most likely loose a good deal of weight initially. However, my long term Keto friends still struggle with weight maintenance over time, Sustainability and nutritional balance can be issues. I know I would never be able to handle the high fat load of a keto plan. I have been on a whole food plant based plan (WFPB) for about 6 months now and doing great, feeling great. Weight is well controlled and I am NEVER hungry. I eat 8-10 servings of nutritionally dense veggies/fruit every day, along with at least 3 servings of legumes/tofu/tempeh, 2 servings of whole grains, and a wide variety of nuts and seeds. I get at least 60 grams of Protein daily, All my labs are great. My cholesterol dropped from 235 to 152 and LDL is actually BELOW normal range! Even 100+ pound weight loss did nothing for my cholesterol and high LDL. Interestingly, when looking at populations with the greatest longevity and members over 100 years old, all of them are plant based with very little animal protein. Hmmmmmm. The highest rates of osteoporosis and hip fracture are in populations that consume the most meat and dairy products. Hmmmmmm. Food for thought. Bottom line for me is that WFPB is healthy, sustainable, and affordable. I do triathlons, distance biking and hiking (aiming for a one day, rim-to-rim Grand Canyon hike and a 100 mile bike race next year), and I feel great with loads of energy! WFPB allows one to enjoy plenty of healthy carbs that are incredibly satisfying and which provide a lot of energy. I never feel deprived. :)