Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessing about Plastic Surgery!!

8 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

If anyone is interested, this is the Faja I got Two . I wish the legs were a tad longer and had way to open separate from the top ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SZ23JJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=AMAE8K0LRQPCN&psc=1

It’s only just over Sox hours away from leaving for the airport at 2:45am. Time to get ready. Take a walk. sleep early if I can. I had my last lymphatic massage at 1pm and a shower and passed out exhausted for a bit. I’m sorry for posting updates on your thread @ChubRub

i tried to think what I needed and ordered a few things with Amazon prime shipping. I probably will need to figure things out as I go once I’m back home.

wishing I could afford a zero gravity recliner for my bedroom ... that isn’t even remotely possible. I drained my resources dry financially and physically.

Be well everyone 💜

image.png.4d32793aeb0ed40d58b5a7246e39e67b.png

This isn't "my" thread. it's a thread for ALL of us, and I LOVE reading your updates, so please keep them coming!!

Have a safe flight home, and continue to rest and mend! Hopefully you can prop yourself up on enough pillow to mimic an anti-gravity chair! Please keep us updated and let us know how the flight went!!

@Darktowerdream Hope you made it home safely, and are resting well!

2 hours ago, ChubRub said:

@Darktowerdream Hope you made it home safely, and are resting well!

I’m here. Tad crazy. Left Tijuana 2:30am to cross the border to the San Diego airport and had a layover in Atlanta when we arrived in Florida the sun was setting. Got home is was so late ... I didn’t sleep at all before we departed aside from passing out briefly from my last massage at 1pm and a shower.

On 6/21/2020 at 7:43 AM, ChubRub said:

This isn't "my" thread. it's a thread for ALL of us, and I LOVE reading your updates, so please keep them coming!!

Have a safe flight home, and continue to rest and mend! Hopefully you can prop yourself up on enough pillow to mimic an anti-gravity chair! Please keep us updated and let us know how the flight went!!

❤️ Thank you. The flight was a challenge. I’m resting a bit so I’ll try to make this quick. Thank goodness the bathroom stalls had doors with no gaps. It was a challenge to pee and empty my drain and record output for the doctor. I had a light shopping bag with a few necessities and borrowed my mom’s walker to get around the airport if I needed to walk a little. Honestly my knees were already crazy swollen. And my piggy feet. But the flight wasn’t helping so I tried to move when I could. In Atlanta I made the mistake of walking a little too far. Had a bathroom Issue but made sure to keep my incisions dry. had help with a wheelchair For most of it except waiting for the plane if I needed the restroom or wanted to look at a shop. There is no real food traveling because of Covid so much is closed.

well not to post tmi but we got home and all of a sudden I had to rush (Which I can’t) into my bedroom shut the door (my bathroom is in there) and figure out how to get the Faja off at least down fast enough 🤣 lets just say ten days worth of something finally said ok I’m gettin outa here ... Ready or not. I could see the difference right away. What a relief. My right leg is still more swollen than my left but that’s always been a size difference. My left leg incision was dripping fluids last night so I changed the gauze. Made sure everything was dry and pulled up the Faja the best I could, threw on my nightgown and accidentally went to bed without emptying the drain first. Kind of fell into a weird sleep where I’m thinking things that make no sense so I’m asleep but not enough. Woke up and 1:30am maybe and realized the thing was full and I was in a weird position on the bed and got up to fix things ...

its hard trying to get into routine at home and not clash with my mom over things. I set up my bed with prop up pillows the best I could. Oh fudge I’m probably writing tmi. I have my own challenges with my chronic illness and disability. I try to set simple routine. I planned my meals for the week and will add basic medical notes. I ordered some things from Amazon a shower seat, gauze, paper tape, wound care spray, some pads to protect the bed in case any incision leaks ... gauze wash cloths for the shower for the sensitive areas.

ordered Protein Bars I buy Built Bars I love them a lot of flavors are 110 calories (mint brownie is soooo good) but right now they have 50% off everything and then even more of limited flavors. Use my link you get $10 extra off.
http://i.refs.cc/cz4s4C3c?smile_ref=eyJzbWlsZV9zb3VyY2UiOiJzbWlsZV91aSIsInNtaWxlX21lZGl1bSI6IiIsInNtaWxlX2NhbXBhaWduIjoicmVmZXJyYWxfcHJvZ3JhbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjo0MTA4MjMzMDd9

of course now I’m totally broke, literally.
ah well.

where was I

havent weighed myself yet ... Not brave enough and still swollen.

edit: I think my incisions are doing surprisingly well. My surgeon thought so too at my last visit before leaving. Of course is main concern is that 2-3 week mark.

I think I’m standing a little straighter. Albeit now I’m trying to sort out my new normal. Separating my chronic issues from my recovery. And trying not to push too hard.

Edited by Darktowerdream

On 6/20/2020 at 11:33 PM, Darktowerdream said:

If anyone is interested, this is the Faja I got Two . I wish the legs were a tad longer and had way to open separate from the top ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SZ23JJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=AMAE8K0LRQPCN&psc=1

Ok, so I have actually been in the market for some sort of compression garment/faja for my stubborn swollen lower belly!

Sizing is an issue for me, but I see that this one comes in XS! What size did you get? And, if you don't mind, what are your measurements and how do you find the fit? Is the material thick? (Thinner or thicker than Spanx? Or the same?)

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, so I have actually been in the market for some sort of compression garment/faja for my stubborn swollen lower belly!

Sizing is an issue for me, but I see that this one comes in XS! What size did you get? And, if you don't mind, what are your measurements and how do you find the fit? Is the material thick? (Thinner or thicker than Spanx? Or the same?)

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

@ms.sss sizing is key, sounds like you need a phase 2 Faja. I like that they chose is high quality medical grade brand. I only know Spanx bras but I would say this would be thicker and much higher quality and better for reducing swelling. I want to start out saying that I have serious sensory issues but I actually don’t mind the Faja. The material is excellent.

im Not sure exact measurements but in the Faja (my doctor has me on the loosest hook to start) I measure 25” waist and I think 34” hip. I actually have waist definition I’d lost. I am wearing a size XS. Right now the fit is just right.

Some people wear Faja for longer than might be prescribed. Also some people might wear a size looser Faja to bed if they continue wearing them. So if you move to a step two Faja (sizing down ... which hopefully I’m remembering correctly) then you keep the hold Faja and try wearing it to bed.

now my only issue with my Faja is I have a single drain coming from my hip and I don’t know where to run the drain tube, it’s so awkward to have it run down through the crotch area but I’m not sure though the middle In between hooks would impede flow.

i havent navigated clothes beyond what I wore on the plane home which was loose cargo pants and a light sweatshirt. It was awkward. I’m thinking if I should just wear dresses? Or compression leggings ... (exercise bottoms) I wore my nightgown all day which I never do .... just because it was convenient.

i better get some sleep now. If I forgot to answer anything let me know and I’m glad I could answer questions 🙃

side note.

my post surgery bra is the same brand. i can attach pictures. I think they measured my bust as 33” but my underbust is 26” I’m not sure what size I will be though.

AAC5D02A-C150-4190-95AD-299FEA466304.jpeg

77615DE2-6029-4259-B3C2-F2DD6C897A14.jpeg

2060D473-C764-4D72-B23C-1CD687E499E4.jpeg

A73E7A52-0FB8-4084-8FFF-5A4D2EB7451D.jpeg

9 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

@ms.sss sizing is key, sounds like you need a phase 2 Faja.

< --->

Some people wear Faja for longer than might be prescribed. Also some people might wear a size looser Faja to bed if they continue wearing them. So if you move to a step two Faja (sizing down ... which hopefully I’m remembering correctly) then you keep the hold Faja and try wearing it to bed.

Well, I have never heard of a phase 2 Faja until now. From what I since read, I guess they are less supportive? I'm looking for some serious compression (just at the lower ab area) so maybe phase 1 Faja is better? Or just a smaller phase 2 Faja...Im not sure my thighs can squeeze into the 2XS listed thigh measurement though, lol.

(Aside: the link you provided was for a "Step 2" Faja, is this the same as "Phase 2"?)

Though noted that I am almost 6 months post-op, and am not even sure i even need one, but I HATE my swollen belly with the fire of a thousand suns that I will squish that thing down with any means I have access too. Ugh.

9 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

I measure 25” waist and I think 34” hip. I actually have waist definition I’d lost. I am wearing a size XS. Right now the fit is just right.

side note.

my post surgery bra is the same brand. i can attach pictures. I think they measured my bust as 33” but my underbust is 26” I’m not sure what size I will be though.

O.M.G. we are like measurement twins...I have all the exact (give or take 1/4 inch) same measurements as you! except for the underbust (I'm 28")!! How tall are you? And what is your shoe size?

We could share clothes LOL!!!

Edited to Add: Ok, I see you are 5' even. So I'm just a couple inches taller. Well, maybe we can't share pants then...lol

Edited to Add, part 2: I also see that you are 102 lbs. You must be adorably cute. Is this the weight after PS, or before?

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Well, I have never heard of a phase 2 Faja until now. From what I since read, I guess they are less supportive? I'm looking for some serious compression (just at the lower ab area) so maybe phase 1 Faja is better? Or just a smaller phase 2 Faja...Im not sure my thighs can squeeze into the 2XS listed thigh measurement though, lol.

(Aside: the link you provided was for a "Step 2" Faja, is this the same as "Phase 2"?)

Though noted that I am almost 6 months post-op, and am not even sure i even need one, but I HATE my swollen belly with the fire of a thousand suns that I will squish that thing down with any means I have access too. Ugh.

O.M.G. we are like measurement twins...I have all the exact (give or take 1/4 inch) same measurements as you! except for the underbust (I'm 28")!! How tall are you? And what is your shoe size?

We could share clothes LOL!!!

Edited to Add: Ok, I see you are 5' even. So I'm just a couple inches taller. Well, maybe we can't share pants then...lol

Edited to Add, part 2: I also see that you are 102 lbs. You must be adorably cute. Is this the weight after PS, or before?

I’m new to the lingo but I assumed phase two Faja meant something to help with swelling but easier to get off and on and wear under clothes normally, not a bigger size. I know you tighten the Faja to waist train as comfortable to help Fluid placement. If the swelling continues to be a problem Know it can take a year but try to avoid salty foods that’s going to be an issue for me because the salt helps orthostatic intolerance. At some point have a discussion with your surgeon.

this is an example of a phase two Faja

https://www.amazon.com/Sonryse-Compression-Garment-Stage-Surgery/dp/B07RY3Q2LM

let’s see ... I just did a quick measuring with my Faja on when I read your message so probably not exact. But my underbust area has been small for years. I lost bone density over the past years. Even prior to wls.

underbust should = exact bra band size or rounded up to what’s available or for comfort but fits snug at the loosest hook.

Yes I’m 5’ and I think the hospital scale said 101.2 lb before surgery. Although I stepped on the scale this morning at 107.6. I wear size 8 sneaker size 8 Chaco sandal but size 6-6.5 in Birkenstock’s (Not the suede ones the washable cheaper ones) Florida I mostly can’t wear pants ...

Thank you💛 I’ve never seen myself cute or pretty

a lot of this surgery was about function and having horrid 90 year old lady thighs and butt flaps and ok yes the boobs is partly cosmetic but who wants mostly empty skin? I had never reached this weight in my adult life. I’d always been the mildly obese short kid. Then the obese adult when I lost on my own my body fought me ...

sorry 😐

I had a rough night I can’t get the sleeping position right. And need to try to change positions. Gotta try to shower today.

Welcome Home!!! Thanks for the education on fajas!! I know my surgeon starts us in a binder for the first week, so I may wait until after surgery to order a faja on based on my new measurements.

You feel up to sharing before/after pics? No worries, if you don't feel comfortable sharing though!!

On 6/23/2020 at 11:42 AM, Darktowerdream said:

Yes I’m 5’ and I think the hospital scale said 101.2 lb before surgery. Although I stepped on the scale this morning at 107.6. I wear size 8 sneaker size 8 Chaco sandal but size 6-6.5 in Birkenstock’s (Not the suede ones the washable cheaper ones) Florida I mostly can’t wear pants ...

Did your surgeon tell you how much skin/tissue they removed? Also, its normal to weigh heavier after surgery due to swelling/fluid retention and whatnot. I vaguely recall being 5 or so pounds heavier after a couple days after surgery (though I was wearing compression garments and had two drains attached to me at the time I got on the scale, so there's that...)

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Did your surgeon tell you how much skin/tissue they removed? Also, its normal to weigh heavier after surgery due to swelling/fluid retention and whatnot. I vaguely recall being 5 or so pounds heavier after a couple days after surgery (though I was wearing compression garments and had two drains attached to me at the time I got on the scale, so there's that...)

I meant to ask. I still can. I think on my own scale my weight before I left was 102.2 and yes there’s the Faja, drain, stockings to account for. I’m so exhausted from just small things I can’t think. I had a lot of swelling in my knees and feet in particular that thankfully has finally gotten better. Some issues with a stress point incision. I have one drain on my right hip.

8 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Welcome Home!!! Thanks for the education on fajas!! I know my surgeon starts us in a binder for the first week, so I may wait until after surgery to order a faja on based on my new measurements.

You feel up to sharing before/after pics? No worries, if you don't feel comfortable sharing though!!

I don’t have the pictures, my surgeon does. But he is going to share them as part of the BariatricPal Hospital BC. I will find out when and where they share the photos. They edit them to maintain privacy. Most people don’t give permission but I chose to do so to support the Hospital which was founded by the same person that created these forums and the BariatricPal Store.

I find it interesting that some surgeons put patients in a binder immediately after surgery, or even Faja. I was wrapped in gauze, surgical tape etc. two days after surgery the outer bandaging was removed and everything checked and I got showered before the Faja was put on. (My brain is fuzzy on details) the thigh lift is the hardest so far to manage but I desperately needed it. I see some people’s before pictures and I think .... are you serious that’s normal compared to what mine was.

the drain doesn’t bother me I know how to manage it. I’ve basically been doing the nursing doctoring whatever myself which I’ve done in my many surgeries in the past. (The difference though is my Myalgic Encephalomyelitis has grown worse over time. Life takes its toll as do all the other medical conditions.)

Any questions and I will answer if I can. Not much else for me to do. Between Covid-19 and the heat/high humidity in Florida I have to avoid ... and my M.E. I’m fully homebound. I’m trying to remember to walk around but can’t do it outside. I want to even do laundry myself. Even if I could the machines are outside down a catwalk in a shared laundry room.

Hope your recovery is still going well, and you feel a little bit stronger each day!! It's a good time to stay inside with the rising Covid cases in FL!!!

15 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Hope your recovery is still going well, and you feel a little bit stronger each day!! It's a good time to stay inside with the rising Covid cases in FL!!!

Thanks @ChubRub, still adapting the best I can. Things are going alright just a kink in things and I had to stop wearing Faja a few days to work through. Most of my incisions from my belt lipectomy look good though as with the augmentation are ok. Doc told me to take the medical tape off from the Belt lipectomy, ouch my hairy monkey backside 🤣 I cannot seem to get rid of the tape residue. The kink is with my medial thigh lift but I don’t think I can discuss it here. Though my surgeon is awesome and helping me even if from a distance. It’s just exhausting self care but story of my life. pm if anyone wants to know.

but I’m taking good Vitamins, extra collagen, turmeric for inflammation, antioxidants, and my usual vitamins also. Swelling in my legs went down a lot and I’m glad for that at least. I think I have got at least one health benefit from this so far. But will find out with time ...

dealing with this current issue has me a tad exhausted. Aren’t I always? But I know my surgeon is there to help. I’m actually angry with my primary care doctor and the doctor that did the double balloon enteroscopy before I left for Mexico. But I’m not comfortable discussing it publicly.

anyway. Because of my lifelong chronic illness and disability whenever I have surgery I need to get a feel for what my new normal is and adapt to that.

Edit: it’s crazy that the Covid hot spot started where I was born NY and actually hit Hard close to where I used to live. (Not in the city though) now Florida seeing a massive spike. I don’t care for a lot about Florida , the only thing I love is the birds and wildlife here.

Edited by Darktowerdream

@Darktowerdream Hope recovery is going well! Thinking of you!!!

6 hours ago, ChubRub said:

@Darktowerdream Hope recovery is going well! Thinking of you!!!

Hi @ChubRub I kind of stepped out mentally and physically. And my tablet just hit enter on my post before I even started typing it. So I’m saving it and finishing it otherwise it will look very odd.

im exhausted and frustrated of course this has nothing to do with where I had my surgery because my doctor is the absolute best and he’s been in contact with me and always answers my emails. Things happen and I’m just dealing with it the best I can, my chronic illness compounds things a bit since I get drained of energy extremely quick if I’ve got it at all. Normally I can get out every so often but I’m 100% homebound. The weather here isn’t much conducive to healing.

I’ve Reached week three. But things got a bit complicated with my thigh lift. I had I think what’s called a medial thigh lift that involves a T incision and this is a very high stress incision.

Well as is my luck it opened. Good thing I do have some knowledge On incision care and alerted my surgeon immediately with photos and he instructed me what to do, I actually had the correct idea of what to do already But it’s a long healing process it has to heal from within called secondary wound healing. I have to keep it dry and bandaged a certain way. I update my surgeon with pictures. Honestly even if my surgeon was right next to me the treatment would be the exact same.

I started off trying steri strips but cut my own using medical micropore tape then gauze and more micropore tape. I had to stop wearing Faja to give it some fan or open air therapy to let my left leg incisions dry and thankfully they stopped draining from the incisions. It’s slowly getting a little progress. I bought something called Bactigras to use on it now.

im just stressed and angry at my physicians here and their lack of care here because my hemoglobin should have been normal when I had surgery and it kept going up and down. I had bloodwork that it should have been fine and went to Cleveland Clinic for a double balloon enteroscopy before going away for surgery. And something between my bloodwork and that enteroscopy effected my hemoglobin. My surgeon was so awesome and took care of me though but now that I’m home my incisions need to heal and I worry my hemoglobin levels have gone south again even though I’m eating very healthy and taking lots of Vitamins ... I am not sure how to deal with my doctor. She was very obnoxious to me about having surgery in Mexico yet I trust my surgeon in Mexico more than her ...

Sorry for the rambling, it’s hard to find comfortable position to sleep. My legs are propped up on a pillow and my head on two thick pillows but they keep shifting I end up ocd thinking am I stressing my incisions am I in the right position. I’m such a restless sleeper and get night sweats. But it’s not all bad my other incisions the butterfly lift (lateral body lift whatever the name may be) the stomach muscle tightening, augmentation those incisions are doing well all things considered. Just a little minor drainage in two small spots. I do have the one drain in place. And it’s known what a pain in the arse the thigh lift can be.

the fact he ended up doing the different type of thigh lift was because of how bad the excess skin there was. I guess it’s my lifelong chronic illness? I’ve got the thin skin of a old lady ...

so I guess this is why I kind of dropped off the map. The basic self care has been exhausting. I barely got dressed. I finally got to wearing casual cotton dresses with some lovely compression stockings. And maybe Faja again shortly. I’ll update more I had a exhausting day and it was just a shower today although I did make a special lunch I made fresh salmon ...

Edited by Darktowerdream

11 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

im just stressed and angry at my physicians here and their lack of care here because my hemoglobin should have been normal when I had surgery and it kept going up and down. I had bloodwork that it should have been fine and went to Cleveland Clinic for a double balloon enteroscopy before going away for surgery. And something between my bloodwork and that enteroscopy effected my hemoglobin. My surgeon was so awesome and took care of me though but now that I’m home my incisions need to heal and I worry my hemoglobin levels have gone south again even though I’m eating very healthy and taking lots of Vitamins ...

I HIGHLY recommend Floradix Iron & Herbs