Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessing about Plastic Surgery!!

15 hours ago, PinknFlawless said:

Have you been on the RealSelf site or app? I’m only 2 1/2 weeks out after having gastric bypass, but a mommy makeover is on my list of to-do’s and I’m obsessed with that app.

YES!! Obsessed! LOL!! I've also joined some FB groups too with lots of before/after pics!!!

13 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

My surgeon calls it belt lipectomy with butterfly lift. Although I’m also having a thigh lift. Because I have shar pei thighs. I get such bloody rashes Sometimes. I also have shar pei butt 🤣 Ain’t got no booty here. Sadly I can’t do squats ... (cant exercise)

I know they can transfer fat there but I didn’t consider that aspect I’ll just have to deal with no butt. funny looking back remembering I used to get bullied about my big butt and big boobs as a kid ...

what interesting conversation. You can do the Kim K. butt exercise routine I guess ...

A lot of women do BBL for their booties, but for me, it seems weird to re-inject fat that I've been trying so hard to get rid of! I'm not thrilled with my thighs, but am hoping that the TT will help that a bit!!

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

Judging from your profile pic you can not only WEAR a bikini, but also ROCK a bikini!!!

you are sooooo sweet. I need a tan like.. REALLYYYYY bad. You know the saying..... if you can't tone it, Tan it

tan fat looks better than white fat

On 5/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, Darktowerdream said:

It’s been almost 13 months I guess since my surgery do I have patience for waiting for skin surgery not really. I think my weight is stable enough now. I think having the sagging wrinkled skin is uglier than any scar could be. And I too have had quite a few abdominal surgeries. Hysterectomy in 2010 and then Two pelvic laparoscopies that we’re sandwiched around my gastric bypass surgery. I’ve had other surgeries in the past. I lost count on the foot and tendon surgeries. I have a long incision at the back of each calf. And breast reduction which feels like a million years ago. It’s not the stretch marks as much the shar pei hanging wrinkled skin and the flab as you put it that doesn’t go away but hangs. I took the dreaded look in the mirror at my rear and I’m hoping that I can have a body I haven’t had as long as I can remember I’m fine with some scars ... I don’t need it for attention but for how I feel physically and mentally. But it’s hard to put to words.

my one concern is making sure the incision site doesn’t get Stretched. Has anyone found silicone tape helps with keeping tugging on incisions? Actually my biggest concern is my allergies to adhesive, iodine, and surgical glue.

I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076FHBDDD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is wide so it's good to use over curved scars since it will cover that easier.

Then I use these for the straight scars:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VE9AL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I personally did not like these as much:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISUW20A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All of them last around 2 weeks. I usually take them of to shower (I have showered with them) or sometimes leave it off overnight but otherwise wear it 24/7.

I would recommend trying whatever you plan to use on normal skin for 1-2 days to see if it irritates your skin. I used plain paper tape for the first 5-6 weeks before I used the silicone tape.

7 hours ago, ChubRub said:

A lot of women do BBL for their booties, but for me, it seems weird to re-inject fat that I've been trying so hard to get rid of! I'm not thrilled with my thighs, but am hoping that the TT will help that a bit!!

I thought the same too, it’s just weird to want to add fat anywhere after working so hard to get rid of it I just wish I could put muscle in it’s place ... as for my thighs they are unbearable. My medical condition likely exacerbates it. For some reason my one calf on one side just below my knee has excess sagging skin 😭 don’t know if the surgeon would address that during the thigh lift.

It’s getting so close. I had an exhausting day today. Trying to escape my head by coming here a bit.

2 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076FHBDDD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is wide so it's good to use over curved scars since it will cover that easier.

Then I use these for the straight scars:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VE9AL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I personally did not like these as much:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISUW20A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All of them last around 2 weeks. I usually take them of to shower (I have showered with them) or sometimes leave it off overnight but otherwise wear it 24/7.

I would recommend trying whatever you plan to use on normal skin for 1-2 days to see if it irritates your skin. I used plain paper tape for the first 5-6 weeks before I used the silicone tape.

@2Bsmaller18 thank you for the information :) I’ve been searching Amazon but get overwhelmed. I had this in my cart but wasn’t sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OV3M3AW/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A7H37HS2706TH&psc=1

the links and tips help a lot! I didn’t think to skin test it first.

Perhaps I will try doing paper tape, then silicone tape, then gel or cream ... at least on the areas that need it most or get the most tug from movement. I never used anything on any of my incisions before. But these are a lot more. I only have one from my gastric bypass that has a large hard lump underneath. I might ask the plastic surgeon if he can address it.

when I feel in control, when I know what is happening ... I know what to do and I deal well with pain and things like this. I’ve had to do a lot of post op self care over the years ... But when things are chaos or questions without answers that’s when I lose it ...

19 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

@2Bsmaller18 thank you for the information :) I’ve been searching Amazon but get overwhelmed. I had this in my cart but wasn’t sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OV3M3AW/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A7H37HS2706TH&psc=1

the links and tips help a lot! I didn’t think to skin test it first.

Perhaps I will try doing paper tape, then silicone tape, then gel or cream ... at least on the areas that need it most or get the most tug from movement. I never used anything on any of my incisions before. But these are a lot more. I only have one from my gastric bypass that has a large hard lump underneath. I might ask the plastic surgeon if he can address it.

when I feel in control, when I know what is happening ... I know what to do and I deal well with pain and things like this. I’ve had to do a lot of post op self care over the years ... But when things are chaos or questions without answers that’s when I lose it ...

A tip for the paper tape- leave it on for 5-7 days thru showering etc then take it off. Let your skin go a few hours with nothing then reapply new papertape. It is easier to remove the tape if it is wet. When you remove it pull the tape towards the incision so you are not tugging on the wound to remove the tape. If you happen to have an open area then skip tape over that spot so you can monitor it for signs of infection or irritation.

Fun update!! The price of my surgery just increased by $6K, but I'm already locked in at the lower price!! Woo Hoo!!!

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

Fun update!! The price of my surgery just increased by $6K, but I'm already locked in at the lower price!! Woo Hoo!!!

Holy crap! Heard he was getting super popular and raising his prices accordingly. I guess sometimes being impatient pays off!

6 minutes ago, VSG_Barbie said:

Holy crap! Heard he was getting super popular and raising his prices accordingly. I guess sometimes being impatient pays off!

Yes, bonus points for me! LOL!! The FB groups are blowing up over the new prices! I seriously lucked out!

On 6/4/2020 at 11:10 AM, ChubRub said:

You'd be surprised what the right placement of fat will do to transform your aesthetic 😬

7 hours ago, ChubRub said:

The man is worth the price ❤

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

The man is worth the price ❤

Yes!!!!!!!!!

On 6/5/2020 at 2:38 PM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

A tip for the paper tape- leave it on for 5-7 days thru showering etc then take it off. Let your skin go a few hours with nothing then reapply new papertape. It is easier to remove the tape if it is wet. When you remove it pull the tape towards the incision so you are not tugging on the wound to remove the tape. If you happen to have an open area then skip tape over that spot so you can monitor it for signs of infection or irritation.

Thank you very much for the information, I will definitely keep this in mind. I need to get supplies for after surgery. This is going to be tough. Turns out I’ll be on lockdown basically in hospital the whole time I’m there. Which might be best for my recovery anyway. It was supposed to be one night in hospital then hotel for Five nights. (Would have been more relaxing though ...) I can’t imagine the return flight it’s long ... but bought comfortable old navy cargo joggers with pockets and a nice Comfortable lightweight tie die sweatshirt From kohl’s. I won’t be able to have my own robe and slippers. Good thing I’m not fussy.