Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I getting too small? *Warning graphic photos*

Hello there I just want your opinion.

I've been trying to maintain my weight now for a few weeks and I've been slowly adding more calories into my day but I still seem to be staying at a low weight even went down a pound this week.

Plus I wanted to show people how my body looks after losing a RECORD 157LBS.

I was my highest weight at the surgeons office of 322Lb and just today I weighed in at 165lbs.

I know I need to figure out how to gain some muscle and tone up some areas I'm not sure if I'm underweight but my BMI is 22..

I appreciate honest comments I really just focused everything into losing fat and losing weight i probably should have added more exercise earlier on??

I'm not too worried I know I can start a weights regime and gain muscle as time goes on... I'll just need to find a decent P.T

PHOTOS BELOW

MIKEY.

IMG_20200523_210806.JPG

IMG_20200523_172146.jpg

IMG_20200523_172139.jpg

IMG_20200523_210735.JPG

Hello,

I am not sure if you are considered underweight. I recommend you talk to your doctor about it. You could also look at a BMI chart, as that will usually give you a good idea.

BMI of 22 is not underweight. Plus many of us who reach normal BMI look pretty scrawny for awhile, and then things sort of redistribute and we start looking more filled out and healthy. Plus, at six months out, you're still in that "magical time" when things seem effortless and the weight keeps falling off. That ends for almost all of us. I got too thin and thought I'd NEVER be one of those who regained weight. Ha! Wrong. Gained it in year 3 without even trying. Now it's a huge, daily struggle to maintain (my weight is still fine, but I'm 20 lbs heavier than I was at my lowest (which admittedly was too low), and I struggle every day to stay there). So enjoy it while it lasts...

(p.s. don't take this to say you need to lose more - you don't. You're good. But this amazing time period won't last forever, as I'm sure you know...so just keep it in mind)

Superman, if those pictures are you just standing there and you AREN'T sucking your stomach in, then it looks like you are getting a tad thin. In the very first picture you don't look too thin--you look PERFECT!!

Your extra skin is pulling you down some which can attribute to you thinking you are getting "two small". Also when we loose the weight so fast it's not by means of straight up exercise so we all tend to look like that at first. Bulking up the muscle will help but over time you won't look like that anymore either. It took me some time to not look what I considered "sickly"

Not sucking anything in that's my pics first thing in the morning just the angles are weird trying to take photos of myself in the mirror lol the other pics are close up photos.

and yes I know I'll keep an eye on my weight so I don't get to comfortable...

And I know I need to gain some muscle and that takes time I just think I've done really well to get this far..

Yes You look like me Freakin to tiny: This part sucks getting tight and balanced. I think you are done now time to tighten and enjoy

27 minutes ago, WInston223322 said:

Yes You look like me Freakin to tiny: This part sucks getting tight and balanced. I think you are done now time to tighten and enjoy

Yea I've lost all the weight I needed time to figure out how to tone up :)

Your BMI is great, a dexa scan would be useful now for you to know your body composition lean body mass % vs body fat %, it will give you a basis to move forward in building lean body mass and take the focus off the scales.

I went 10 pounds below my original goal weight by the end of the honeymoon phase. I was worried about being able to get enough calories to stop losing. Nine months later, I've gained back about 12 pounds and everyone says I look just right. They thought I was too scrawny before.

Hey fellow Aussie.

i agree with @catwoman7. We do tend to look scrawny & gaunt as we get to or near our goal weight. I found when I added some good multi grains to my diet my gauntness softened & I looked better especially in the face.

I struggled to find my maintenance sweet spot too & unintentionally lost 9kg more than my goal over 2-3 months. I slowly added nutritious Snacks, increased my meal sizes little by little & kept weighing myself everyday until I found I’d stabilised with about a 500g fluctuation. For example I used to eat about 50g of steak now I eat about 80g. I took 3 or 4 days to eat serve of rolled oats now only two. You will find your balance too. Don’t worry if it takes a little while.

While some have said I’m too thin I am a healthy bmi & I certainly don’t have bones sticking out anywhere. (Personally I think the ‘your too thin’ voices struggle to see me as slim & not obese. Their perception of me hasn’t caught up yet.) But I’m happy to be at this weight. See how you feel in a few months time once you’ve stabilised. You may choose to stay the same or put in a couple of kgs. It’s all about how you feel in your skin.

Your next step may be to add some muscle definition but again that’s your choice.

I just want to know where your lose skin is? If this is a male thing, like being able to lose weight faster, I’ll be mighty pissed off. Life can be unfair. 😁

Superman, I lost my weight quickly, as well, and looked very thin, with my new found ribs, collar bones, hollow thighs, bony shoulders and hips. My spine and tail bone made sitting in hard chairs very uncomfortable. I was eating as much as I could, with a lot of whole grain carbs and couldn't stop losing. Then at about 15 months out, I started to notice a change. My face and thighs started to fill in a bit. I wasn't changing in weight, but it was looking a bit differently on me. 144-145 is my sweet spot. I then went up to 152 almost over night. So now I am watching volume and carbs more carefully. Am now back to 149, so 5 more to go to get back to the sweet spot. I thought I was invincible there for a while - like I had been given a new body with the metabolism of a hummingbird, but I now see that it is actually more like a normal person - (at least not like a sloth as in the past). I just have to eat more carefully now - and more mindfully. Things do change, I just hope it doesn't get much harder by year three.

As long as your BMI is OK, enjoy the new body and transformation.

Edited by AZhiker

Yes I am happy and feel great to be seen as skinny and healthy.. I've just ordered a new fancy scale which will tell me all kinds of stuff :)

10 hours ago, Superman84 said:

Yes I am happy and feel great to be seen as skinny and healthy.. I've just ordered a new fancy scale which will tell me all kinds of stuff :)

Whats really neat is when people who dont know you or that you have surgery make comments on your small size. I was trying out a bicycle and the guy in the store was holding it for me. "You won't fall, I've held much bigger people than you. You're little." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmi 20-25 is 'normal' weight you look great and your loose skin is barely there!! I'm not jealous...nuh uh, ok maybe a tad lol