Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

I am getting use to the RNY but am struggling in other areas now { alcohol}. I have never been much of a drinker but have noticed an increase and am trying to nip it in the butt now.

Does alcohol give you a different feeling now than it did before? What is a typical situation in which you'd consume a drink?

9 hours ago, summerset said:

Does alcohol give you a different feeling now than it did before? What is a typical situation in which you'd consume a drink?

Nope, its the same. I think it has something to do with me not being able to eat anything I want and since I cant do that maybe I am trying to put that somewhere else? I had heard of transfer addiction before I ever had WLS but since I didnt have those issues with VSG I didnt see this coming. I suppose being aware had my antenna up which is a good thing but damn. I rarely drank before but I would say I have a few drinks several times a week now which may not seem bad, but for someone like me that had a few drinks every month or two this cant be good.

That's weird that your drinking behavior changed all of a sudden and I can see why you didn't expect it. I wouldn't have expected it after a revision neither.

You're definitely right. Get a grip on it as soon as possible.

6 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Nope, its the same. I think it has something to do with me not being able to eat anything I want and since I cant do that maybe I am trying to put that somewhere else? I had heard of transfer addiction before I ever had WLS but since I didnt have those issues with VSG I didnt see this coming. I suppose being aware had my antenna up which is a good thing but damn. I rarely drank before but I would say I have a few drinks several times a week now which may not seem bad, but for someone like me that had a few drinks every month or two this cant be good.

Perhaps some of it may have to do with Pandemic? My alcohol consumption increased dramatically since March. I’ve been trying (albeit not very hard) to deal with it by keeping it out of the house. I find if there’s none around, then I can go without just fine. Problem is I eventually go out to get some. Boredom, I think.

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Perhaps some of it may have to do with Pandemic? My alcohol consumption increased dramatically since March. I’ve been trying (albeit not very hard) to deal with it by keeping it out of the house. I find if there’s none around, then I can go without just fine. Problem is I eventually go out to get some. Boredom, I think.

I rarely have the alcohol in the house. I started grabbing a few shot bottles at the gas station here and there. I also started drinking where alcohol was served wherever I went . I have not had anything to drink in 2 days now and am doing okay.

I am home, showered, and taking it easy. I am going to be on full liquids for 2 weeks. I am going to go slow as far as food and progression because I have read where quite a few by passers have problems with different stuff in the beginning. Hope that I can still drink premiere Protein Shakes and will be finding out within the hour.
Also I can already feel differences in the 2 surgeries. The sleeve had restriction from the start and I could not even drink but a few sips. This by pass is not like that at all I can drink with no problems. I just taking it slow though
I just got my revision done on oct 26 by dr Edward's at mercy in Springfield

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/24/2020 at 10:05 AM, Tracyringo said:

I live in Mo and go to Mercy. Dr. Edwards did my sleeve and my revision. Their bariatric center is really good.

I’m in Mo too and being screened at Mercy. My persons name is Dr. Lang though. I may ultimately decide to go back to Kansas City where my original was done though—they were top notch in that area of KS. We will see!

On 10/31/2020 at 1:24 PM, roseannamichael said:

I just got my revision done on oct 26 by dr Edward's at mercy in Springfield

Small world !!! How are you doing?

17 hours ago, redhead_che said:

I’m in Mo too and being screened at Mercy. My persons name is Dr. Lang though. I may ultimately decide to go back to Kansas City where my original was done though—they were top notch in that area of KS. We will see!

Good luck to you !!

Hi I had my revision Monday 11/2. 11/3 was horrible. Not as easy as the sleeve was and I’m starving lol I cried, my nurses (2) sucked and I was in a lot of pain! More then before way more but today is day 5 post op and I’m better. My incisions started to get infected bcuz I had a rash from the dermabond so I had to Peep it off and now I’m on a horse pill antibiotic. I’m already dropping weight. I only felt a little acid last night when I had Greek yogurt. My doc gave me a diet plan to follow from day 3-16.

On 11/7/2020 at 6:07 PM, Christina760 said:

Hi I had my revision Monday 11/2. 11/3 was horrible. Not as easy as the sleeve was and I’m starving lol I cried, my nurses (2) sucked and I was in a lot of pain! More then before way more but today is day 5 post op and I’m better. My incisions started to get infected bcuz I had a rash from the dermabond so I had to Peep it off and now I’m on a horse pill antibiotic. I’m already dropping weight. I only felt a little acid last night when I had Greek yogurt. My doc gave me a diet plan to follow from day 3-16.

Congratulations !!! It takes some getting use to. Good luck !

I am weighing in at 163 and a few days from my 6 month revision. I went in for my checkup and am going to be having an EGD done to check for ulcers. This whole time that I have still been having the burning thinking I still have Gerd may be ulcers !!! Anything you can tell me about ulcers would be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, roseannamichael said:

I am good just really been feeling weak a lot I have lost 27 pounds since 10/26 which I am happy but I am so tired all the time did you feel like that

Yes I’m tired too. But dang that’s a lot of weight that’s great!! I was 216 on surgery. Day and now 203. So 18 pounds in 22 days. Not getting enough Protein makes me so sleepy. I can only do like 40g.