Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am post op 5 days and feel like this was the worse decision of my life. I am struggling with intake (up to 2 shakes and 20 oz of water) and now have diarrhea. I am so weak.

Has anyone had these issues and what did you do to overcome.

Have no regrets, try to remember why you had the surgery and began the journey. It’s not an easy road but do the best you can, take it slow. Maybe you need to find a Protein Shake that you can tolerate better. I had a hard time until I found PEScience select Protein Powder and mixed my own with plain unsweetened ripple milk. I’d mix a scoop of Protein and 6 ounces of ripple milk then put it in the fridge maybe 30 minutes and it would thicken. Then mix again. I had the least nausea with it. And honestly the first days are the hardest and you just sip sip sip and get In what you can and try not to worry.

link to PEScience

http://rwrd.io/c6uus2e

I am 12 days in and had those thoughts badly the first few days. I still do occasionally until I remind myself I am free of the albatross food was to me and all I hope to gain. This is by far the hardest, most emotionally trying thing I have ever done. It’s normal to feel this. We are here for you.

It is hard the 1st couple of weeks. After you figure out what works for you it will get better! The 1st 1-2 weeks are the hardest. You body has been through major change! It will get better! Hang in there!

I had a different surgery then you, but you're drinking more than I did so that's a plus! I was really weak for the first three weeks or so and, yes, had diarrhea (mostly due to my type of surgery as it's common) and was in quite a bit of pain from where they took the majority of my stomach out... it hurt to get up, to sit, and to just move in general. But things DO get better. Of course I had some weird things happen too (tmi, but Constipation is NOT supposed to happen with my surgery and it happened TWICE! I had to cut my Iron out for a week both times and then wean myself back on it) and I have dizziness issues that my doctor is currently trying to figure out because other than my potassium, I'm not deficient on anything else (and my potassium apparently isn't low enough that it would be causing me the issues I'm having). I don't regret my surgery, though in the beginning I did question if I'd made the right choice and I think it's completely normal to ask "Did I just make the worst mistake?" Things WILL get better! Remember why you did the surgery in the first place and just try and give yourself a pep talk to push through. It worked for me!

Weakness and fatigue are very common. Take lots of naps! When you are awake, that's when it's time to sip, sip, sip!! You can do this!!

I also had these same feelings after surgery. I promise you it does get better as time goes on.

I felt the same way for the first two weeks post op, it'll get better once you introduce puree/soft foods into your diet. I swear the day I was able to puree some food and eat it I felt 10x better. I was still weak and if I stood up to fast I got dizzy but I didn't feel shaky anymore or exhausted.

I understand how you feel! I had surgery 5/14 and I HATE the shakes! But I have been having more trouble with pain management. I am still so sore and all my doctor has told me is to take Tylenol....which does nothing for my pain...so it’s been hard but I’m just trying to stay positive and remind myself that this won’t last forever.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:41 PM, jami.1992 said:

I am still so sore and all my doctor has told me is to take Tylenol.

I am sorry to hear that you are sore. I hope that I hope that it passes soon

I am post op 5 days and feel like this was the worse decision of my life. I am struggling with intake (up to 2 shakes and 20 oz of water) and now have diarrhea. I am so weak.
Has anyone had these issues and what did you do to overcome.

I threw up alot about week after my surgey .i had regrets irritability and was weak could not exercise.. i took me all day to eat 3 ounces of food and could no get my liquids in or Protein shakes with whey protein i hated the smell of it couldnt eat ice pops but after about 8 weeks it was a miracle one i woke up all of a sudden i felt better turkey chili saved me I lost so much weight that after i ate i gained som weight back.. but it is the best thing i ever did still to my life... hang on it will get better ... [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 5 days post op and feel so bloated, I look pregnant. How long does that last?