Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so discouraged. I spent a year going to the gym to gain strength and fitness, jump through all the hoops for months for surgery, get a surgery date and boom... the pandemic arrives. Now, I've gained weight, lost all my progress at the gym and now Michigan is on lockdown until mid June. I really wonder if this will ever happen for me. I read posts where people have their first appointment, then get surgery a month later. I'm feeling sorry for myself and at the same time want to slap myself across my face and say, it could be a lot worse you selfish b***h, people are dying from this virus. I just need a little encouragement.

I'm so sorry!! The fact that you are posting about it, must mean that you are feeling motivated to turn things around. Get back on your pre-op fitness plan, eating right, exercising, etc. Set a goal to lose a certain about of weight before your surgery. You can do this!!!

What about an at home workout like beach body? Plus if you’re home (like I am) take that time to cook some great new recipes

I don't know that many people have their surgery a month after their first appointment, unless they're self-pay. Many insurance companies require a six-month supervised diet with a physician or nutritionist, and several bariatric clinics require classes plus a whole slew of requirements (e.g., sleep studies) that seem to take forever to get into. So at minimum six months for a lot of us. Fortunately, most of us didn't have to deal with the pandemic, though, so I can totally empathize with that. You'll get in, though. Most people seem to once their states start opening up. I know Michigan has been having a particularly tough time with the virus, so I can see why they're locked down longer than most - but I'm sure they'll get you scheduled as soon as they can.

I really feel for you and understand what you are going through. I have had my surgery pushed back along with my last requirement. The delay is so frustrating because it is out of our hands and if it would have happened just a little while later I would be already done. But as it stands I am still waiting. I am watching lots of people in my surgery group get dates and now the doctor is booking into July! At this rate I won’t be ready until winter 🙁

12 hours ago, It's time. said:

I am so discouraged. I spent a year going to the gym to gain strength and fitness, jump through all the hoops for months for surgery, get a surgery date and boom... the pandemic arrives. Now, I've gained weight, lost all my progress at the gym and now Michigan is on lockdown until mid June. I really wonder if this will ever happen for me. I read posts where people have their first appointment, then get surgery a month later. I'm feeling sorry for myself and at the same time want to slap myself across my face and say, it could be a lot worse you selfish b***h, people are dying from this virus. I just need a little encouragement.

Yea with insurance there's always a multitude of hurdles before surgery...

Mine was fast but still took 3 months

You are allowed to have feelings about your surgery being canceled. Your feelings are valid and I know it must be very frustrating. Do what you can for exercise and hopefully, you will be able to continue with the steps you need to take for surgery when things open back up again.

I feel ya -- I was doing so well, and had my surgery scheduled, along with every pre-op appointment leading up to it. I had work paperwork in and everything.. then the pandemic hit and everything was put on hold. i gained weight back and now feel like crap because of it (i work thru all this with my therapist-- i know my downfalls) and now, all of a sudden my surgery was scheduled in 3 weeks and i'm freaking out about it. do what you can to stay on top of your diet so you don't put yourself in a panic like i have.

hoping that this all is worth it. reading through these forums help, a lot.