Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anxiety.... Has anyone ever been sent home without their surgery?

I know I'm letting my anxiety play too big of a part in this, and I find myself catastrophizing... so my next question is this: Has anyone ever gone to Blossom or to another surgical center and been sent home without their surgery because they failed the stress test or something else? I'm worried because I have a bundle branch block (BBB) - I told them and they have a cardiac clearance from my cardiologist - but they still perform the stress test and EGD, etc prior to surgery there. I exercise regularly, but the BBB can make it appear that things are not right. The BBB is ironically because I am overweight. I'm really anxious, because this is my last chance. My doctor here will not finance and insurance excludes it. I do not smoke and I will follow my 2 week diet when it starts in 2 weeks. Thanks for all input.

Yes I heard of a surgeon saying no if the person didn't even attempt to lose the weight asked..

Okay, deep breaths! I was indeed sent home from Blossom the first time I was scheduled for surgery because I had high blood pressure that wasn't controlled. I had told them about it during the phone consult but there was a miscommunication and well, when I got there it was scary high, mainly because I had worked myself up so much.

So, they would not proceed. I went home, and worked with my primary care doctor to get it under control and had the surgery a month later. I was only out of pocket for additional travel costs which was not a big deal, i live in the Los Angeles area.

My advice is to be super clear about any health concerns you have. If something turns up during your cardio check or endoscopy, well thats nothing you can control. They were pleased that I'd lost what I had on the pre op diet, but there was never a set amount that I was required to lose. Plus, their diet is not that bad compared to others I've heard about. In the end, I had my surgery and have lost over 100 lbs. It was worth it even with a delay!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I should also add - they wanted a clearance from my doctor too. Once they had that, its was all good. Try not to worry, the clearance should make it fine. Good luck! Be sure to join their Facebook group for fast track patients after the surgery - its really a supportive place.

16 hours ago, Zoomzoom said:

I should also add - they wanted a clearance from my doctor too. Once they had that, its was all good. Try not to worry, the clearance should make it fine. Good luck! Be sure to join their Facebook group for fast track patients after the surgery - its really a supportive place.

Thanks! I am planning on joining their group. It looks like it will be very helpful!

13 hours ago, WInston223322 said:

You mind is getting to you ............... Chill pour a glass of wine and get on the program, Do what you have to so you are ready, You got this

I am doing a wine run! LOL! Seriously, you register, do a virtual 5k, post your results, and get your swag bag including a new wine glass! I always say better wine than Whine! I am really trying to stay calm.

Alcohol is not part of your diet

Superman Really - Sometimes it takes a little side stuff to get your head on ..... Jk You are correct but Vodka saves me at times