Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUST GIMME THE DANG SURGERY ALREADY!!!

Spoke to my surgeon's office today for the initial consult since they've got my paperwork. My insurance requires the 6 month monitored diet. I wish I had realized that/ my PCP had barely mentioned it in February so that I could have gotten started. =( Several years ago I lost 95lbs and kept it off for about 5 years- prior to pregnancy and then 3 subsequent car accidents that gave me mobility issues. I feel like I know what I need to do and I'm worried that the 6 months out will put me right in the middle of our next big wave of flu and Covid-19. The surgery scheduler told me that I wouldn't have surgery until January/ February (!?!) THAT'S SO FAR AWAY!!! =( Best case scenario is that with Covid-19 my insurance starts allowing waivers for the diet, but they're not even close to doing that rn with the state kinda opening back up. I'm just really anxious to get this going. I've debated about it with myself for YEARS and I'm very ready now! It seems like everything takes at least a week with them- like they're gong over my paperwork this week so I can take the pee/ drug test next week, then I have to wait another however long to get an appointment with the Dr. to get my 1st official weigh in so I can get started etc. I'm just so frustrated!

that's actually pretty standard... I was not happy about it, either, but I used that time to REALLY research the surgery and post-surgery life, and I also met with a dietitian monthly who gradually changed my diet to something more akin to what it would be like after surgery, so it wasn't such a radical change when the time came. In retrospect, it was time well spent.

You may be required to restart the whole 6 monthly weight in

Focus and Get it done! May seem like a long time to you but the reward is worth it

I had to do the 6 month thing, too, but it was a good time to really examine my own heart and decision, as well as research the surgery thoroughly. I watched every You-tube by Dr. Matthew Weiner, read books, and felt that my decision was based on good information and not from impulsion. I went into it scared, but knowing what I was getting into, and even with a couple of post op complications (blood clots and ulcer) I have no regrets what so ever. It has changed my life for ever and I AM NEVER GOING BACK!

Hang in there!! Use the time to try to lose weight before your surgery and give yourself a nice jump start!!

Breathe.....

91EC68C6-D520-43C1-9485-7061A2067F6B.jpeg

Edited by Lily66

I felt this on sooo many levels lol. I began my journey in January, was supposed to get submitted in April buuuut COVID hit. Since, I've actually switched doctors. Luckily my insurance doesn't require any supervised diets, but that definitely doesn't change the desire for things to go faster! It's crazy because the months move faster than you think they would!! Congrats for starting your journey & I hope they get everything going for you!

alright so i did what alot of the other people in this thread did. i saw Dr weiner videos as well and am still researching because I can still go bypass if I change my mind from sleeve. i also took the nutrition packet and began logging my food and have begun interacting with the dietician following her instructions showing food log. we go over that in telehealth apmt. I cut out the foods already that the surgeon said to (carbonated beverages lol). i also had an apmt with nurse pract from the program and for weight they can pull it from your health records from your gp. though for my second apmt I just weighed and I am down 12lbs from the diet. i was told it usually takes 3-4 months to get into the surgery room. i was told I would be required to attend support group at least once so I went to that already, and I plan to go to the next one too as they have little food topics. I am already on their end game diet through the dietician, but I am not in hardcore mode. right now I do not have to count carbs in most veg, and I have been subbing with some Keto premade Snacks. It's a good time to start the diet if you haven't so you know what you r getting yourself into but also a good time to experiment with foods because no pouch size yet. its kinda like easing into diet slowly. also make sure to look at check list and complete those. mine had things like support group at least once, sleep study etc and I completed what I could and scheduled with gp already to get the others. (Im waiting on gp apmt for egd but also waiting for behavioral health referral to call me with apmt as I was approved to see them for assessment)